1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there are any issues with updating a new device with a different device's backup set? Bascially, I am thinking about replacing my 755p because I am still within my 30 days and think it has been locking up/slowing down a little more than it should be. So, if I was to get a replacement, would I be able to restore a backup set done with my current 755 to a new 755? I am currently using NVbackup.

Thanks.
    I've transitioned through five 700p devices (four in the last week... don't get me started!!) using NVBackup each time, works like a champ. I always verified critical information on the new device, and had a good hotsync, before wiping the old one. Can't be too careful.
    I would suggest a clean install . i would do it with all the applications that dont have information that you may need like bank stuff or memo stuff.
    Try to bring over the only stuff you really need. this will cut down on bringing over bad stuff.
    I reinstall games, butler, zlauncher, ringcare, lex spell, bdict and bible reader ect .
    for me i did bring from my back up adrian money, calander contact , task and memo.
    bringing over stuff one at a time will help you find the aplpication that may be causing problems.
    for me ringcare and butler are not getting along lex spell is a bug and the developer is working on it now
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by pauld5999 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any issues with updating a new device with a different device's backup set? Bascially, I am thinking about replacing my 755p because I am still within my 30 days and think it has been locking up/slowing down a little more than it should be. So, if I was to get a replacement, would I be able to restore a backup set done with my current 755 to a new 755? I am currently using NVbackup.

Thanks.
    I used a backup from a 650 to a 700p and worked great with out any resets and did the same with using a 700p backup to a 755p and have had it over 2 weeks with out a single reset or problem. I use backup manager and it works like a charm. So to answer your question you can use either program and you shouldn't have any problems.