1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I bought a Cingular branded BT-359 because I got a good deal on one, and because Globalsat swears up and down that the hardware is identical on all their units. However, when I try to add it to my trusted devices on my Sprint 650 (entering "0000" for the passkey), it says its "unable to add the device". Thinking the GPS might be dead, I went to the store and tried pairing it with a 750, and it paired with no problems. I searched the blag-o-tubes, and emailed Globalsat support and came up with nothing. Am I doing something wrong, is the Sprint 650 hobbled, or what? I see that others have the 650-359 combo working great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jon
    I'd soft reset the 650 and try again if you haven't... Sometimes the bluetooth stack gets weird.

Otherwise, I assume the GPS is on, it shows up in the 650's pair list. Pops up a key, 0000, then fails after a few seconds? That's odd.

I have the 236 and it works great.
  3.    #3  
    I've tried hard resets, soft resets, combinations of the two while turning BT off/on in case it just needed some voodoo magic for it to work. I really wish it would, as there are about a half dozen times in the last two weeks that I really wished I had a map handy!
    Wish I could help more on the pairing front.. Perhaps you can return the Cingular branded GPS and get a Holux 236? They're around $75 off the net.

One thing I might can help with.. Not sure what navigation software you're using, but you can use TomTom without a GPS to look at streets, and I THINK you can even have it do an Advanced A to B route without the GPS. Of course, it won't guide you, but it'll at least give you directions.

EarthComber is also an excellent map program, and it's free. You can tell it where you are (by state, city, etc..) and if it doesn't have the map for that area it'll download it (one time download for an area, usually a county) and you can at least have a map on hand. It'll also create a route for you from a given point to another. You can also search in it to find where you are on the map if you have your current street address, although I never had that much luck with the EC search.

Hope you get it worked out!

BTW, one more thought.. Did you try the GPS after a hard reset without any software installed? Not even a Hotsync after.. I wonder if some other software is interfering with Bluetooth, such as Bluetooth Commander or some other software that uses bluetooth.
  5.    #5  
    Hey, thanks for the tips. As a last shot I'm going to reflash my ROM back to factory and give it a go, just in case I deleted something important. If that doesn't work, I'm getting a different GPS. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check the Holux out. Any problems using it with TomTom?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyDanger View Post
    Hey, thanks for the tips. As a last shot I'm going to reflash my ROM back to factory and give it a go, just in case I deleted something important. If that doesn't work, I'm getting a different GPS. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check the Holux out. Any problems using it with TomTom?
    Nope, works great with everything.. TomTom, EarthComber, GeoNiche, the various GPS tools (Cetus, Coto, etc), Where Am I? etc.. No problems on any GPS software I've tried.