1.    #1  
    All,

I take a lot of pics with my Treo. I recently installed SplashPhoto and noticed in SplashPhoto's prefs there is a camera quality option. I noticed that if I have it set to Highest Quality and then launch the camera from within SplashPhoto that the photos taken are of a MUCH higher quality than if I had just taken them from the regular Camera app. Even the filesize is MUCH bigger, and when viewed on my desktop the quality is visually much better.

What the hell!!!?!?!?

So I launch the "Camera" app. Yes, I have the highest resolution set in the "Camera" app (1280x1024). I take the picture. It looks nice.

But I then go into SplashPhoto, select Camera Prefs from the Prefs menu. Select Highest Quality and then 1280x960. Not sure why the XxY is different than the Camera app, but whatever.... Then I press the Camera button on the SplashPhoto toolbar and take the pic.

When I DL the pics to my desktop I see the quality is MUCH better in the pic taken from SplashPhoto.

Here's my question: why can't I get the same quality by launching Camera app and taking the picture therein? Why does SplashPhoto have access to these hidden features? And is there another app that will permanently "set" such Camera quality features?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
    -RT
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktdotorg View Post
    All,

I take a lot of pics with my Treo. I recently installed SplashPhoto and noticed in SplashPhoto's prefs there is a camera quality option. I noticed that if I have it set to Highest Quality and then launch the camera from within SplashPhoto that the photos taken are of a MUCH higher quality than if I had just taken them from the regular Camera app. Even the filesize is MUCH bigger, and when viewed on my desktop the quality is visually much better.

What the hell!!!?!?!?

So I launch the "Camera" app. Yes, I have the highest resolution set in the "Camera" app (1280x1024). I take the picture. It looks nice.

But I then go into SplashPhoto, select Camera Prefs from the Prefs menu. Select Highest Quality and then 1280x960. Not sure why the XxY is different than the Camera app, but whatever.... Then I press the Camera button on the SplashPhoto toolbar and take the pic.

When I DL the pics to my desktop I see the quality is MUCH better in the pic taken from SplashPhoto.

Here's my question: why can't I get the same quality by launching Camera app and taking the picture therein? Why does SplashPhoto have access to these hidden features? And is there another app that will permanently "set" such Camera quality features?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
    -RT
    Yeah, I've noticed this too! It's very cool, but also very strange... I just wish there was a way in either app to default to storing the pictures taken to the phone instead of the card...