1.    #1  
    I updated my MR on the 700P and now have the lag when the phone is searching for network or you are in a fringe area. It kinda locks the screen and then if you try to click on anything, when its done it goes through every click you did for the time it was frozen.

Has anyone had this problem on the 755P?

IM DONE WITH THE 700P, and trading it in for the 755 if its better. I like the palm OS too well to dump entirely. Ive tried windows mobile and it is terrible.

On a positive note though switching between calander the home screen and back to phone is much quicker.
    The word sprint in the upper left shows up almost instantly so now you can use the phone quicker after a switch.

Also I dont have the error where you call customer service and it shuts off your phone.
    All palm os devices have lag and freeze when it loses signal. That is normal.
    Matty
  3.    #3  
    This isnt true. I never had problems with this until after the MR update.
    Maybe the reception with the phone after the MR update is worse.
    Im dropping calls constantly and always getting this freeze up.

Never had that with the 600 650 or the 700 prior to MR
  4. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I never had a 700p pre-MR, but I definitely see lots of lag that I think is related to signal problems. I'm currently working in a town where I either lose signal entirely or switch between 1X and EVDO all the time. I have a feeling once I get home where there is good reception it will be better.

The worst result of this I've had so far was when I was on the phone with my bank and trying to type my account number into the automated system. The damn thing froze for about 30 sec. while I was typing the numbers -- it took me 3 calls to do it right. I'm always afraid that typing wrong numbers like that too many times will get my account locked down on suspicion of fraud.

They can't get rid of the Palm OS soon enough!
    I have always had problems with my Treo devices when on fringe coverage areas - one of which I live on but a tower will soon be going up near my house. Anyway, this past week I was on vacation in an area where we had full EVDO coverage. During that week I did not experience one reset and I used my Treo extensively, including doing things that normally cause a reset at home. If my Treo normally performed like that, I would never complain about it. Due to this, I can only conclude that the Treo has issues when bouncing between 1X, EVDO and Roaming.
    I suspect you're on Verizon?

The only way to deal with this lag in fringe areas is to turn off the phone when you're there, or set the phone to forced roaming and see if you can get a better signal that way.

I've gone from a 600 to a 650 to a 700p, all Sprint. This was never an issue with the 600, and was not an issue with the 650 until after installing the first ROM update on it. The 700p has always done it, pre & post-MR.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    No, I'm on Sprint, not Verizon.
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    FWIW, I'm on Verizon.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I am on Sprint. I have experienced same problem with the 700p after MR. Switched to 755p. SAME problem. Something is seriously wrong.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    I never had a 700p pre-MR, but I definitely see lots of lag that I think is related to signal problems. I'm currently working in a town where I either lose signal entirely or switch between 1X and EVDO all the time. I have a feeling once I get home where there is good reception it will be better.

The worst result of this I've had so far was when I was on the phone with my bank and trying to type my account number into the automated system. The damn thing froze for about 30 sec. while I was typing the numbers -- it took me 3 calls to do it right. I'm always afraid that typing wrong numbers like that too many times will get my account locked down on suspicion of fraud.

They can't get rid of the Palm OS soon enough!
    This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. The only thing is I called it a fringe area mistakenly. I say fringe area but what I really mean is that areas (like my house) where the phone used to work fine, now drop calls all the time and does this freeze up like I am in a fringe area. Ill have a two or three bar signal, make a phone call and all of a sudden without moving one inch it just drops the call or does the freeze thing. I NEVER experienced this with any of my previous treos.
    I believe it is something they have done in the MR that affects the phones signal pickup.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i have this problem on a pre-MR 700p i aam glad i hhaven't done the update yet
    I am one of the lucky people who have had no problems with my 700P (except skipping Ptunes), to the point that I did not do the update (thankfully). However, there have been nationwide issues with the Sprint network. There have been slowdowns in loading web pages through Blazer when Opera Mini was working fine; these took place usually in the afternoons, with good reception in the mornings. If you start looking at other forums, like the 755 forum, there are many posts about this, but nobody has put it all together. Additionally, within the past month or so, I have started dropping calls at about twice the rate as I used to, in the same areas. I'm not doubting the new ROM made things worse, I'm just saying that it may be exacerbated by major crap going on within Sprint. And I agree that fringe signal areas may cause resets in otherwise perfectly fine devices like mine.
    I agree. I believe there is some serious issues going on with Sprints network. And since the palm is crippled with the out of date OS. And you add the MR on top of it, your are doomed.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    ...your are doomed.
    It's not that bad.

Just think, we're all doomed from the moment we're born.

It's just a matter of time. So try to smile and make the most of it!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  15.    #15  
    I purchased a 755P and it seems to be working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    All palm os devices have lag and freeze when it loses signal. That is normal.
    Does this pertain to CMDA vs GSM ? I had my GSM one and I never had any Freeze issues w/ my old 600. Maybe it was too slow to freeze anyhow