1.    #1  
    I've just started using a Treo 650 and I've now been lusting for a Treo 700p.I recently sold my x51v for 300$ so I am interested in a smartphone. After using Windows Mobile for about 8 months I want to come back to Palm. I know the 755p is coming out soon, but I only have 300$ to spend and don't think buying the new Treo at it's 499$ retail price will be a smart thing to do.

What are some common complaints about the 700p? It looks like an awesome device.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by okyourabeast View Post
    I've just started using a Treo 650 and I've now been lusting for a Treo 700p.I recently sold my x51v for 300$ so I am interested in a smartphone. After using Windows Mobile for about 8 months I want to come back to Palm. I know the 755p is coming out soon, but I only have 300$ to spend and don't think buying the new Treo at it's 499$ retail price will be a smart thing to do.

What are some common complaints about the 700p? It looks like an awesome device.
    Just look at all of the pages in this forum. You will find a treasure-trove of issues related to the 700P both pre-MR and post-MR.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.

It depends. I have had some complaints. Mostly with Bluetooth and the phone crashing when receiving phone calls (on occasion).

I like my Treo, but there are just a few too many bugs.

I am not sure about the 755p. Watch eBay.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    You will find a cornucopia of complaints about the 700P on this forum. There are also a large number of us, maybe up to 75%, that are very happy with our devices. Mine has been particularly problem-free. I have no Buetooth issues, no lag, but I do have a problem with Ptunes skipping. I have decided not to update my operating system given the problems some have had. I can watch videos, get immediate email from three different clients, have usually reasonable access to good web speed....in fact, the only thing that really sucks is that Sprint dropped calls seem to have increased dramatically recently and there are other network issues. If you are on Sprint or Verizon you may be able to work a deal for a 755 if you go through retentions.
    Trust me, these days, TreoCentral has become far more of a *****-fest than almost anything else. There's a ton of good info here, just keep in mind that a lot of people waited quite a while for Palm to release their maintenance released for the 700P and a lot of people were quite crazed about it.

As far as the 700P vs. the 755, I think they're pretty much equal. No new features on the 755, just the removal of the antenna nub and changing from the SD card to the miniSD format. It's mostly cosmetic in my opinion.
    First okyourabeast, you have been a member since Aug 2005 with 4 posts which is fine, but if you have dropped in from time to time or especially during the past 6 months, and are familiar with the T/C forum to any degree...you need not ask this question and could have looked in the 700p forum or even did a search. Just typing in 700p and doing a search will freeze you PC and crash your 650 with all T/C's 700p info. This is no dis to you because some of us around here have no life and may be you do.
    Last edited by KStewart; 07/23/2007 at 12:37 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    id be more than happy to unload my treo
    I would bypass the 700, and go straight to the 755. Less issues, even though it has it's own.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I would bypass the 700, and go straight to the 755. Less issues, even though it has it's own.
    Totally agree. Had problems with bluetooth resets and so on then did the mr update and my phone was dropping calls like crazy and freezing up when it had trouble finding the network.

Bought a 755P a few days ago new off ebay and no problems at all so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    ...did the mr update and my phone was dropping calls like crazy and freezing up when it had trouble finding the network...
    I am also experiencing the dropped call issue after MR, very disappointing. I would suggest skipping the 700p for now.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Are any of you on Sprint? As I stated in another post, I have not upgraded, and within the past few weeks started dropping calls in places I've never dropped them before. That, plus the slowdown through the Blazer portal, tells me that the Sprint network is sucking badly. Clearly, the Verizon update issues are not the same problem, but in terms of dropping calls, the Sprint network has significantly worsened in the past month.
    I have had hell through the 700p on Sprint. If your going to Sprint, don't think twice... Get a 755p
    I've spent more time on these forums than is probably good for me, but I don't have a clear sense of the wisdom of the crowd on the question of whether the 755p is worth waiting for on Verizon. The mini-SD is a negative for me; I'd rather stick with SD. The new form factor looks nice. What I don't know is how the post-MR 700p stacks up to the 755. Any thoughts.
    To clarify -- is the 700p post MR as stable and functional as the 755p? By what criteria would we know? I've read lots about the 1x versus EVDO network issue on the 700p, but have no idea how widespread that is. Or whether the Sprint 755p has similar issues? Or whether that's even relevant, since the network problem may be particular to Verizon. Etc.

I'm looking for smart guidance about how to interpret all the data on these forums to make a decision.....
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I too am awaiting the 755p for Verizon, but I don't think anyone can give you an answer yet. We heard a rumor that the 755p failed Verizon testing, which may related to Network issues. Some Sprint users report report a better experience, some report similar Network problems as their 700p, but either way we can't know how the Verizon version will perform until it's released.

For better or worse, I'll be buying one on the first day it will be available, and will be certainly posting my initial observations almost immediately.
    If you have any interest in using a data connection, don't get a Verizon 700p right now. The 1.10 firmware, which appears to have been installed on all Verizon units, has completely trashed the treo and ruined its data connectivity. Palm has told verizon they are "working on it," who knows when it will get fixed. The 755p has not been released yet. Personally I am looking to abandon palm asap.
    You don't need ebay to get a Palm Treo 755P for less than $300. Right now, the Sprint SERO program is offering the 755P for $199.99. 2yr agreement required. Least expensive monthly plan is $30/mo for 500 minutes including unlimited txt messaging, and unlimited data plan.

More info about Sprint SERO here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...=5357&t=563252

I'm using a 700p on Sprint...I'm not experiencing network problems as others have expressed here.
    Look in the 755 forum. For what I read besides the form factor differences, they are supposed to be identical functionality between the 700p and 755. That said, I don't see the 755 users reporting as many stability problems and BT is better. If you don't mind the smaller media format, get the 755, if you are a gamblimg person, get a 700p.