Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep seeing allot of references and comments regarding SAG. Does this work well with a 700P-MR? I assume that using SAG, you can use a stereo BT headset/headphones to listen to music and conduct phone calls...correct?

What's the audio quality like? Anything close to a wired headset?
    i love it .. works beautiful 99% of the time, best 20.00 spent .. I can not tell the difference in quality with mine between my wired and the streamed bluetooth. I use it at work for 3-4 hours a night, 1-3 days a week on a 700p with a jabra bt8010 -SAG tends to freeze up and require a battery removal, when initializing it if you do it to fast .. or too slow ..lol

here is my little trick to avoid freezing..

1 - turn on headset
    2 - turn on bluetooth -and make sure headset is paired with phone-
    **the bluetooth icon needs to be blue - not the "headset" icon from SAG**
    3 - enter the SAG program - make sure the bluetooth icon is still blue - if you see the "headset" icon do not start the program ... go back and turn the bluetooth off, back on, and try again

As long as I activate it with the "blue" icon it never freezes ...

when I want to turn it off .. I exit the program I was listeing to, enter into SAG and stop the a2dp streaming .. then go stop bluetooth ... more often than not, if I just turn off the headset, or if i just go stop bluetooth - it freezes ...

its finicky yes .. but totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  3.    #3  
    Which headsets are recommended? I see a list on them on SAG's site but which ones work with the 700p as well? I'm primarily looking to use it as an MP3 player using pTunes along with the ability to make/recieve an occasional phone call. Any suggestions?
    I am having problems with SAG1.12 and my Sprint 700p. Although I love the functionality it provides, it is causing soft resets. Resets occur at 15 minutes after the hour, at least twice a day. Error message is BGNetTaskImpl.c, Line:527, BGTask q is full. I noticed these resets when I first loaded the software, even before using it becasue the headphone I ordered had not yet arrived. Over the last 2 weeks I have carefully monitored my TREO through a succession of deleting the software and re-installing. I was always reset free without, always with resets when the software was on. Version 1.08 (beta) works for me without resets but only for the music part. Since that is all I care about, I am leaving that beta version on my 700p. The head set I am using is the Motorola S7. Whatever conflict is in my TREO related to this software and what ever it is butting heads with must be related to the phone answering part of the software.
    By the way go for it. The software has an extensive trial period.
    It has been an absolute Godsend for me. I workout quite a bit (not lately) but when I do its incredible. No wires? Are you freaking kidding me?

I mow the grass wireless. etc.

I strongly recommend the Plantronics 590A.

I cannont recommend this program highly enough.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    ....I mow the grass wireless. etc.....
    One of the major activities i'll be doing with it. Can tell you how many times my wired headphones ended up in the recycling bin because they got caught as I was pulling and tossing weeds or emptying out the hopper on the mower. My dogs always knock my headphones off too when they sniff-out the "bribery" and "at-a-boy" snacks I hide in my pockets..
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I use SAG ver 1.12 and Motorola HT820's with my Sprint 700p (with MR). It works great (music quality and phone call handling) as long as I re-pair every time I use them. It would be better if I did not have to do it, but it only takes a few more seconds. If I don't do this, my 700p freezes and I have to remove the battery. It's a simple workaround until they fix the bug.
  9.    #9  
    Does there happen to be a SAG forum here at TC? I looked for one but didn't come accross anything. I'd like to follow progress on bug fixes if they are responsive in keeping customers informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Does there happen to be a SAG forum here at TC? I looked for one but didn't come accross anything. I'd like to follow progress on bug fixes if they are responsive in keeping customers informed.
    I know theres a board on Softicks site.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I second the finicky comments. I use the S9s but my phone stability went down the tubes since SAG 1.12. When the phone is not crashing, it is awesome.
    I use the Jabra 8010 - it's small, but not earbud style so you can run / etc with them; and you can separate the 2 headsets & use the primary side as your phone set. SAG can be wonky but well worth it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Is anyone using Lubix headphones successfully?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I use the Jabra 8010 - it's small, but not earbud style so you can run / etc with them; and you can separate the 2 headsets & use the primary side as your phone set. SAG can be wonky but well worth it!
    The 8010 looks awesome. Its the exact thing I was looking for. Thanks for the input!
    i was just wondering if it works with tcmcp and has anyone tried moto 820?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    FYI SAG 1.13 is out. Havent had a chance to try it yet though

http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1205
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCPA View Post
    FYI SAG 1.13 is out. Havent had a chance to try it yet though

http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1205
    Please report back. I just destroyed my wired Palm headset and looking to replace with SAG + BT headphones. BTW...What headphone are you using?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    .....and has anyone tried moto 820?
    See post #8 above
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I use SAG ver 1.12 and Motorola HT820's with my Sprint 700p (with MR). It works great (music quality and phone call handling) as long as I re-pair every time I use them. It would be better if I did not have to do it, but it only takes a few more seconds. If I don't do this, my 700p freezes and I have to remove the battery. It's a simple workaround until they fix the bug.
    How's the battery life on the 820??
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    How's the battery life on the 820??
    I have the 820s and I get excellent battery life out of them. I only charge them about once a week and I can go to the gym every single day and not worry about the charge. One thing I will be anxious to see with version 1.13 of SAG is if the rapid battery drain problem has been solved. This problem had previously forced me to revert back to 1.08.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast