Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    So I picked up the HT820 and SAG 1.13 trial. So far it's OK. The audio quality does sound highly compressed, but works.

One annoyance so far is that the audio tends to cut-in/cut-out often. Not too annoying but enough to bug me after a while.

Can't say much for stability or problems yet....only been using it for 2 hours so far.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 08/16/2007 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    So I picked up the HT820 and SAG 1.13 trial. So far it's OK. The audio quality does sound highly compressed, but works.

One annoyance so far is that the audio tends to cut-in/cut-out often. Not too annoying but enough to bug me after a while.

Can't say much for stability or problems yet....only been using it for 2 hours so far.
    Let us know how your battery life goes, especially when you arent using the program. Previous versions of SAG would suck the battery dry even when bluetooth was off and not in use!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCPA View Post
    Let us know how your battery life goes, especially when you arent using the program. Previous versions of SAG would suck the battery dry even when bluetooth was off and not in use!
    I did notice quicker battery drain and went from about 1/2 full charge to empty in about 2 hours while listening over PTunes.

I diconnected SAG and the Bluetooth after my morning walk to work. Haven't noticed any unusual battery drain in the past 3 hours since.

One thing that is becomming more of an anoyance is the constant break in the audio. Is this normal?
    I did notice quicker battery drain and went from about 1/2 full charge to empty in about 2 hours while listening over PTunes.

I diconnected SAG and the Bluetooth after my morning walk to work. Haven't noticed any unusual battery drain in the past 3 hours since.

One thing that is becomming more of an anoyance is the constant break in the audio. Is this normal?
    Try setting the bitrate to either 230kbs or 180kbs. It seems to skip a lot more when you use the highest one (320kbs). Other than that, just make sure you have nothing else running.
  5.    #25  
    Try setting the bitrate to either 230kbs or 180kbs. It seems to skip a lot more when you use the highest one (320kbs). Other than that, just make sure you have nothing else running.
    OK...I'll give it a try and reort back later today or tomorrow...going golfing so I have to get serious now....
    This program seems interesting. Does anyone else have any experience with it?
  7.    #27  
    Thanks! The setting worked out great.
    • BTW...SAG REALLY drains the battery super fast. I'll have to watch my usage during the day so I don't get a dead battery by day's end.

• It's a PIA sometimes to get SAG running and BT headset mode active in the same session. Any tips specific to the HT820?

• The HT820 does make a fairly decent BT headset as well...not too shabby.
    Thanks! The setting worked out great.
    • BTW...SAG REALLY drains the battery super fast. I'll have to watch my usage during the day so I don't get a dead battery by day's end.

• It's a PIA sometimes to get SAG running and BT headset mode active in the same session. Any tips specific to the HT820?

• The HT820 does make a fairly decent BT headset as well...not too shabby.

Have you noticed your battery drains more rapidly even when SAG is not in use?

I never had much luck getting SAG and the headset profile to work in the same session but it was never really something I intended to get out of it. I pretty much only use this when I am at the gym or outside watering the lawn

I am running version 1.08 so my method of connection may be different than yours on 1.13, but I turn on the headset first, then open SAG at which point it will prompt you to turn on BT. Once BT is on, I click the connect to headset button and it works 9 out of 10 times.
  9.    #29  
    Have you noticed your battery drains more rapidly even when SAG is not in use?
    Yes..there is a faster battery drain when not in-use. Not too bad but it is noticable. I ususally have 1/2 battery capacity at the end of the day. SAG suck that down to 1/4 or less capacity at the end of my day. To cope with that, I do a soft reset after I'm done using SAG to ensure it's not still 'running'...seems to help.

I am running version 1.08 so my method of connection may be different than yours on 1.13
    I have noticed that the past forw times, it's been sucessful with the following steps:
    1. Ensure that the Treo's BT is 'Off'
    2. Turn on my HT820's
    3. Turn on SAG
    4. Let it Turn on the Treo's BT for me

If I already have the Treo's BT "On", SAG hangs on the message about activating "Remote Control" .
    They recently released an upgrade that supports the 700P MR. THis is the FIRST version that finally works reliably. I am using it with the Jabra 8010 headset...works great!!! I have used it with Pocket Tunes and Kinoma. Only thing I use that won't work is SlingPlayer, but I guess that is asking too much ;-) (skips like crazy..i'm sure it's just too much processing power to run streaming TV & Bluetooth at the same time)
    Is there any way to use TomTom and SAG? I wanted to have the driving directions come through my car stereo but when I launched TomTom, it froze up. I was thinking that it is because it is trying to use use two bluetooth devices at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by etjny View Post
    They recently released an upgrade that supports the 700P MR. THis is the FIRST version that finally works reliably. I am using it with the Jabra 8010 headset...works great!!! I have used it with Pocket Tunes and Kinoma. Only thing I use that won't work is SlingPlayer, but I guess that is asking too much ;-) (skips like crazy..i'm sure it's just too much processing power to run streaming TV & Bluetooth at the same time)
    Live the new upgrade with my Jabra as well! and like you, my only gripe is with streaming TV - in my case, I'd love to watch SprintTV with it. Overall, I can't complain!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Just thought I would throw my .02 cents in with this last SAG update.

I recently updated my SAG to version 1.14 after previously only being able to use 1.08 with any kind of success. Let me say that the SAG guys have done a great job updating their product. There are many new features in 1.14 that were not present in 1.08. Best of all, 1.14 seems very stable and does not have the dreaded battery drain problem when BT is off. The sound quality also seems to be better and that may have to do with the additional options available for tweaking the sound.

I also just picked up a set of Jabra BT8010s after previously having a set of Hong Kong made Moto HT820s. I originally picked up the Motos on eBay for about half the cost of what they were selling for in stores. Unfortunately, I think they were probably also only half the quality (a replica ) even though I definitely got good use out of them. Intermittently, they would power off and you would not be able to turn them back on unless you plugged them into a power source. Not a good option if they power off while you are at the gym.

Well, onto the new Jabra BT8010s, this is an excellent headset with great versatility. It works just as well as a single earpiece as it does as a stereo headset. My moto HT820s always seemed a little awkward while being used as a phone headset. A great feature of the single earpiece is the ability to stream A2DP music over it. Typically you are not able to do this with other mono single ear headsets. Since the primary earpiece for the BT8010s has this built in, you have the ability to switch to the A2DP profile whenever you want (and the quality is good to boot, unlike say the Moto Q where playing music through mono mode sounds like bad AM radio). Very convenient if you find yourself waiting around someplace you didn't plan on spending a lot of time!

The sound quality from the Jabras is not quite as good as the Motos, but keep in mind, this is an earbud style headset while the Motos are over the ear. The Jabras pretty much have no bass response at all and changing tracks requires you to "double click" the phone answer button which is a little odd and can tend to hurt your ears if you have been listening to the headset for a while. Outside of these two shortcomings, this is a great headset. Battery life has been good so far, I like how it has an OLED readout which actually shows you the battery level. My core usage is mainly at the gym and on my recumbent excercise bike.

Performance with SAG 1.14 has been excellent. SAG seems to have worked out its issues getting the 700p to connect to various headsets. There is no magic formula now for connecting to the headset, just turn BT on both the headset and 700p and click 'A2DP device' in SAG and it will disconnect the headset profile if necessary and connect A2DP. While streaming on quality level 6, I get almost no skips with Ptunes 4.0.1 or TCPMP. Pretty impressive given past hiccups. The only thing it seems it cannot do (which is not SAG's fault) is stream Slingbox even with all the quality settings to low. BT and streaming media do not mix!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this setup!

PS my Treo is updated to V 1.10
    Great review...I'm almost ready to jump. A few questions:
    Did you get your Jabras on eBay? There appear to be some good deals with refunds if not genuing Jabras.
    Second, if you're just using your single earpiece with just the phone, do you just link with BT, and then when you want to stream through it, start SAG? I've never used SAG and never used a BT stereo headset before....
    QUESTION: Has anyone tried SAG 1.14 on their 700P *PRE-MR*?

I am reluctant to upgrade my treo as it currently works perfectly with my car and any risk of jeopardizing that would be a far greater inconvenience than using SAG 1.08 and rebooting my Treo every time I'm done listening to music.

Thanks in advance...
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Second, if you're just using your single earpiece with just the phone, do you just link with BT, and then when you want to stream through it, start SAG? I've never used SAG and never used a BT stereo headset before....
    That's what I do with my HT820 when I only need to make a hands-free phone call.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan View Post
    QUESTION: Has anyone tried SAG 1.14 on their 700P *PRE-MR*?

I am reluctant to upgrade my treo as it currently works perfectly with my car and any risk of jeopardizing that would be a far greater inconvenience than using SAG 1.08 and rebooting my Treo every time I'm done listening to music.

Thanks in advance...
    I have a pre-MR 700p and use SAG 1.13. The tech support person said that 1.14 didn't add any features for the 700p.
    That's what I do with my HT820 when I only need to make a hands-free phone call.
    OK...so if I go ahead and start SAG, am listening through the single earpiece, and a call comes in, what happens at that point? Does the music stop and automatically switch to the phone? What about text messages; do they stop the play? I gather either Kinoma or pTunes will play through them, and Slingbox will crash (or won't work, which is a real disappointment).
    I could use 1.08 but had major reset issues with 1.12. Now I am using 1.14 and my TREO 700p is reset free. I love bieng free of headphone wires. I use it with p-tunes but it is definitely a battery pig. I am running the giant Seidio battery with expanded battery case so I am ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Great review...I'm almost ready to jump. A few questions:
    Did you get your Jabras on eBay? There appear to be some good deals with refunds if not genuing Jabras.
    Considering my last headset was a replica, I was willing to pay more this time to assure I was getting the real deal. I ended up paying around $120 at Frys, but if you are willing to risk getting a fake, you can find them for much much cheaper online.

Regarding your second question, you are correct, just link up BT and switch to SAG and the A2DP profile when you want to listen to music. I usually turn off SAG when Im done listening to music as I have found it is a little slow to switch back to the headset (telephone) profile sometimes.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast