1.    #1  
    I have been seeing inconsistent behavior for whether the phone comes on automatically after a soft reset. Sometimes it turns on by itself and other times the phone is off after a soft reset.

I had a program called Radio Control for my 650 that always turned on the phone after a reset.

What are others doing about this issue with their 680s?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    2playme

restart the GSM-Modul (Telefon) after a reset (with automatically PIN entering) **

and don't believe the "** only with Palm Treo 650". I use it on the 680 and it works fine...
  3.    #3  
    Dirk -

Thanks for the suggestion on 2playme. It seems to do a lot more than I need. If I cant find something simpler than I will try this out.
  4.    #4  
    My radio on after a soft reset is still unpredictable. Sometimes I get the Hello screen showing the cell phone radio is coming on automatically. Other times the Phone remains off.

How is the 680 supposed to behave after a soft reset? Should the radio come on automatically (improvement) or does it stay off (like 650)?
  5.    #5  
    Anyone using Jeff Gibson's Powerup app on a 680? Seems to be just what I am looking for.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I'm using PhoneTechnician to control my radio. I found TreoGuard gave me some instability issues.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Is there any reason you can't use Radio Control on your 680, as you did on your 650? Here's a link to the free download if you don't have it anymore:

http://www.shareup.com/Radio_Control...oad-30182.html
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Is there any reason you can't use Radio Control on your 680, as you did on your 650? Here's a link to the free download if you don't have it anymore:

http://www.shareup.com/Radio_Control...oad-30182.html
    Radio Control does not work on my 680. I used it with my 650.

I have emailed the author, but it looks like he is no longer working on this program. The source file is available if anyone wants to give it a shot so that it works with the 680.
  9.    #9  
    I went with PowerUp and paid the $5 to have have my launcher come up after the restart.
    I never understood Palm's radio reset rules either, until I found this in their knowledge base a few years ago:

Did your smartphone reset itself automatically?

A seemingly spontaneous reset may occur due to a software conflict or due to a network event even when you are not using the smartphone. If an error occurs once, the radio will turn itself back on. It will only do this once; if the error occurs again in a short time, the radio will not be turned on when the unit resets for the second time. This mechanism protects battery life. To see what application caused the last reset:

1. Go to the Phone application.
    2. Dial #*377.
    3. Press Phone/Send.
    4. An onscreen message will give you details about the most recent reset.
    5. The important question: did the radio turn off by itself without a reset? When you dial #*377, take a mental note of the time and date at which the last reset was recorded. If your Treo's radio turns off after that, and a more recent error was not recorded, you can be fairly sure the radio turned off by itself (without a reset).
    * If your radio turned off because of a reset: Follow our steps for diagnosing third-party software conflicts in Knowledge Library article 27908.
    * If your radio turned off by itself (without a reset): Proceed to the steps below.

So basically: after the first reset, the radio will turn back on. If you reset again within an unspecified "short" period of time, it won't as a battery-saving measure, in case your Treo is unattended and gets stuck in a reset loop.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tKB,CASE=40471