1.    #1  
    Did Palm really change the Audio Pinout from the 650 to 680? My Seidio audio adapter http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311
    which worked so nice with the 650 seems to not work with the 680.

This would really stink for me because I use this adapter in the car. It lets me play music and GPS prompts thru my car stero and I can also take phone calls.

I wonder if I can rewire the adapter to the 680 pin out. Anyone know what has changed?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Did Palm really change the Audio Pinout from the 650 to 680? My Seidio audio adapter http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311

This would really stink for me because I use this adapter in the car. It lets me play music and GPS prompts thru my car stero and I can also take phone calls.

I wonder if I can rewire the adapter to the 680 pin out. Anyone know what has changed?
    The audio pinout did change, but we chose not to continue this product's development. With the emergence of Bluetooth, the demand is not as high, and we would have to create a seperate product for Windows Mobile devices. I will run it by our engineers again to see if we think this product would be feasable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

I had ordered 5 or 6 of those gizmos. One for the car, one for the desk, one for spouses car, one for computer bag, one for home office....

It really irked me when the seidio audio pigtail stopped working (on 680) and my cradle had to be replaced! I had the old rev. A cradle which was bad for the 680 but just fine for the 650.

Palms squanders their goodwill when they do such.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    I had ordered 5 or 6 of those gizmos. One for the car, one for the desk, one for spouses car, one for computer bag, one for home office....

It really irked me when the seidio audio pigtail stopped working (on 680) and my cradle had to be replaced! I had the old rev. A cradle which was bad for the 680 but just fine for the 650.

Palms squanders their goodwill when they do such.
    Yep, Palm sure does some dumb **** to make it hard on their users and vendor partners.
  5.    #5  
    I actually got a response from Palm about this:
    "Treo 650 and Treo 680 have the same signals route out to the Athena connector. For audio these are the pin out: 14 spkr_L, 15 sprk_R, 16 Agnd, 17 mic_in."

There must be a detection problem such as the wrong impedance. I have asked Seidio if they can look at this.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)