Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We are proud to announce our product TabiPlay which is a streaming multimedia player for Palm OS handhelds. Here is a list of some of TabiPlay's features:

• Plays streaming media from your home PC (including webcam, TV card) or internet.

• The streams are dynamically transcoded on your computer for best performance and quality.

• You can also configure streaming parameters (e.g., bitrate) for your choice.

• Supports variety of codecs for streaming including H264, WMV, WMA, Mpeg4, Mp3, etc.

• Streams content from favorite video sharing web sites (e.g., youtube).

• Local recording to memory card or remote recording on your home PC.

• Multiple channel lineups.

• Support for remote file browsing on your computer.

• Configurable controls.

• Visualizations.

• and more...

The supported handhelds are LifeDrive, Palm TX and all Palm OS Treos (except Treo 600).

Currently, we are looking for beta testers. If you are interested, please apply for beta testing at www.tabitek.com/beta.html

We are looking forward to hearing from you...

Best Regards,

TabiTek
    www.tabitek.com
    Last edited by tabitek; 07/21/2007 at 09:57 PM.
    how do I find my device serial number? Is it the: HS SN: # on the phone info screen?
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 07/25/2007 at 06:29 AM.
    HTC Touch Pro
    So I gather from your description that your player does not stream AVI or MPEG? Why is there not one player that can stream WM files as well as AVI and MPEG? What is the deal here?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So I gather from your description that your player does not stream AVI or MPEG? Why is there not one player that can stream WM files as well as AVI and MPEG? What is the deal here?
    It can also stream AVI and MPEG indeed. We just gave a few examples of supported codec types in the original post.

Regards.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    how do I find my device serial number? Is it the: HS SN: # on the phone info screen?
    For Treos, it is usually located under the battery indicated with S/N:
    If your info screen shows an SN, make sure it is 12 alphanumeric characters. Serial numbers for the latest devices usually start with letter "P" also.

Regards.
    Welcome to the game, albeit a little late

How would you say your product is going to differentiate itself from Kimona , TCPMP/Core or Pocket Tunes? ( I have all)

If you have improved /unique features, many more people will try it
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe View Post

How would you say your product is going to differentiate itself from Kimona , TCPMP/Core or Pocket Tunes? ( I have all)

Its never too late when you have Kinoma, TCPMP, Core Media Player, and Pocket Tunes, and yet each one is flawed in some way. Plenty of room for a media player that:

1) Plays audio in the background (oops, not Kinoma, TCPMP, or CMP).
    2) Streams WMP (oops, not PTunes).

I bought Kinoma, Core Media Player, and PTunes, but I would toss them all for one media player that plays all the right formats AND plays audio in the background.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Hmm, sounds like it'll only stream from the PC if its connected to their desktop software. If thats the case, no thanks.

Also, I don't know if this is reasonable, but I'd be a little wary of giving out my device serial number for a beta.
  9.    #9  
    Many Palm programs use device serial number to generate a registration code. We are requesting serial numbers only for this purpose.
    If you are hesitant to give out your serial number, we can send you the demo version from which you can obtain your registration code.

Regards.

TabiTek
    wouldn't it be better to use the hotsync ID for reg-codes so that if a person has to replace their device, the reg-code would work on the new one?
    PDAs:Cassiopeia>PalmIIIXE>N710C>N760C>NX60U>600>650+700p>Centro
    FAV APPS: Zlauncher, NVBackup, U.T.S., TCPMP, PalmFiction, datebk6, 3xcom.
    Treo Repairs; video editing; VHS>DVD...
    Has anyone tried this?
    How is it?

I signed up for beta and never received the reg code
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe View Post

I have TCPMP, pTunes, and Kinoma installed. Maybe this app will have proxy settings? haha
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I walk me dog about an hour a day, and I LOVE that I can use Kimona to listen to podcasts while I am doing this. My issue is that even though I bookmark my favorite podcasts, it's a pain to have to navigate though them while I am on the move. For example, I listen to the CNN hourly update, but I have to dig my 755p out of my pocket and go in and choose the most recent one while my dog is getting ready to have to chase after a rabbit.

To me the killer streaming app will have the ability to set properties for URLs, like "get most recent" and then be able to play them in succession. So I could set up bookmarks for CNN, Infowold, Marketwatch, Treocast, etc. in a playlist and it would just go through the most recent one of them all with no intervention. Buzzwire.com is going down the right path but is browser based and doesn't go to the next one without it being selected.

Combine Kimona and Buzzwire - that would be way cool.
  14.    #14  
    A free demo version is now available.

We have also added background streaming and playback feature.

Please check it out at www.tabitek.com/downloads.html

Regards.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have a wireless video cam. Will I be able to view that stream? I have the stream linked to my homepage but I have not been able to find any palm software that will pull in that stream.
  16.    #16  
    Absolutely. Just install our video surveillance product TabiCam (you can use the demo version) to your handheld and the corresponding server component TabiCamPC (freely available) to your computer.

Setup should be easy, but we would be more than happy to help you if you need any assistance. Just contact us at www.tabitek.com/support.html

Regards.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Hi:

How much free RAM memory does one need to run TabiCam? Even with 8mb free on a 650, I only ever get a

E1175: not enough Memory.
    message.

Also, Im unclear as to whether and how the Treo can pick up a TabiCamPC signal that is NOT being distributed via a LAN connection. At some point in the documentation there is mention of "webcam", so I was wondering if the treo can link into the stream from outside of a LAN. If this is the case, what are the relevant settings?

many thanks
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  18.    #18  
    The RAM memory is divided into several sections one of which is called dynamic heap. It is different from the storage heap where you actually store your applications and databases.

Dynamic heap is used by the applications to dynamically allocate memory and is unfortunately limited on some devices. Furthermore, as you keep running applications, it gets fragmented, so even if you have enough free dynamic heap space, it may not be one big contiguous chunk which will also not satisfy many large memory allocation requests.

A soft reset will free up your dynamic heap so you should be able to run TabiCam. We are also working on a new version which reduces heap usage significantly.

Regarding your other question, you can run TabiCam outside LAN. In fact, default settings in TabiCamPC and TabiCam will allow you to do that. If you need detailed instructions, please contact us at www.tabitek.com/support.

Regards,

TabiTek
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tabitek View Post
    A soft reset will free up your dynamic heap so you should be able to run TabiCam. We are also working on a new version which reduces heap usage significantly.
    Thanks for very helpful reply. Once I read your explanation, I realised I should just turn off RescoLock, which puts any locked apps in DH, and I can now run Tabicam even with 3.3MB of free RAM. Maybe I should run Tabicam with only it locked with Rescolock?

Quote Originally Posted by tabitek View Post
    Regarding your other question, you can run TabiCam outside LAN. In fact, default settings in TabiCamPC and TabiCam will allow you to do that. If you need detailed instructions, please contact us at www.tabitek.com/support.
    Great, Ill test that out when I have a chance. Still a bit mystified as to how the Treo knows where to pick the streamed signal from though...

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I'm short on RAM. Will TabiPlay work off the SD card?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast