Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I downloaded the TabiPay demo and installed it into RAM. It looks pretty, that's about it.

I tried to get it to play a WMP stream. No joy. The Kinoma player kept grabbing it.

It takes almost forever and a day to close out of TabiPlay. The demo pretty much won't do anything unless you have a Tabi account set up, and/or registered.

If a demo won't work, I won't pay for a "full" version.

I'll pass on TabiPlay....

2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I downloaded the TabiPay demo and installed it into RAM. It looks pretty, that's about it.

I tried to get it to play a WMP stream. No joy. The Kinoma player kept grabbing it.

It takes almost forever and a day to close out of TabiPlay. The demo pretty much won't do anything unless you have a Tabi account set up, and/or registered.

If a demo won't work, I won't pay for a "full" version.

I'll pass on TabiPlay....

TabiPlay is not a standalone application like Kinoma. It requires TabiStream running on your PC much like an Orb server and an Orb client. This has some advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantage is what you stated, you cannot run it alone to stream media (except shoutcast streams).

The advantage is though that once TabiStream is running, you get streams transcoded and optimized by it for your bandwidth and you get support for much more variety of codecs and stream types. Furthermore, you can adjust streaming quality yourself.

So, you should consider the tradeoffs there. If you are ok with running a server component on your PC (which you need to do anyway if you want to stream your personal media like webcam or TV), TabiPlay can indeed be quite powerful alternative to other video streaming applications, not to mention its unique features like recording and background playback.

Please just let us know if you need any help setting up the demo.

Regards.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I'm short on RAM. Will TabiPlay work off the SD card?
    Yes, it will. In fact, as far as we know, some of the beta testers are running it from the SD card.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ahh, I had TabiPlay confused with a competitive alternative to Kinoma or pTunes.... oh well.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post
    ...I LOVE that I can use Kimona to listen to podcasts while I am doing this. My issue is that even though I bookmark my favorite podcasts, it's a pain to have to navigate though them while I am on the move. For example, I listen to the CNN hourly update, but I have to dig my 755p out of my pocket and go in and choose the most recent one while my dog is getting ready to have to chase after a rabbit.
    You can make a playlist or feed that plays your faves in whatever order you like.

Kinoma Player supports all popular playlist and feed formats, but the easiest to make is an M3U file. At its most basic, this is just a text file with an ".m3u" extension that contains one URL per line. Just put it anywhere on your SD card, and then you'll find it in the Playlists tab (second from the right).

If you need any help, just reply here or post to the Kinoma forum.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Kinoma doesn't play a .mp4 file ((H.264) with ACC audio). The files don't play in Kinoma or TCPMP 0.72 RC1.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12