Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have two issues with my Treo 680 lately that are very annoying:

1) Sometimes the "Recently launched list" does not pop up when I hold down the home button. I love this feature--when it works. Sometimes it just stops working until I do a reset. Anyone else had this issue happen? Anyone know how I could correct this?

2) Sometimes, when I go to sync, I press the sync'ing button in the middle and it seems like it's about to go to the syncing process display then it goes right back to the original hotsync prompt. I tried disabling bluetooth to see if it even checks to see if bluetooth is enabled and no go. Tried changing to modem sync just to see if it will even attempt to sync and still goes back to the main screen after a millisecond of showing the process screen (so fast that I just see a flicker). Any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance for any type of advice you guys could give me.
    Last edited by belminf; 07/24/2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: misspelling in title
    Quote Originally Posted by belminf View Post
    I have two issues with my Treo 680 lately that are very annoying:

1) Sometimes the "Recently launched list" does not pop up when I hold down the home button. I love this feature--when it works. Sometimes it just stops working until I do a reset. Anyone else had this issue happen? Anyone know how I could correct this?

2) Sometimes, when I go to sync, I press the sync'ing button in the middle and it seems like it's about to go to the syncing process display then it goes right back to the original hotsync prompt. I tried disabling bluetooth to see if it even checks to see if bluetooth is enabled and no go. Tried changing to modem sync just to see if it will even attempt to sync and still goes back to the main screen after a millisecond of showing the process screen (so fast that I just see a flicker). Any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance for any type of advice you guys could give me.

I got the same issue thouh.. a soft reset will do, but this comes to a hassle.. i have already hard reset my phone and clean install all my 3rd party application but problem still persist... anyone could help us fix this?

TIA!
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    The inability of the recently launched list to pop up occasionally affects most if not all 680's. Because I have Mreset installed, I just do that, which is a pain, but it fixes the problem.
  4.    #4  
    Yea soft reset also fixes it for me also. Would be nice to figure it out but :-/. I installed the upgrade to Butler and it hasn't happened since.... but let's give it a few days.
  5.    #5  
    A few days passed, and it still happens grr... Any ideas?
    I have problem 2 as well. Cleaned up all the hotsync errors but still a problem. Butler and Google maps are about the only third party apps I use.
  7.    #7  
    According to PalmInternals, Butler is the only application attached to the 'Hotsync started' notification so I think it's a Butler issue.

...Hmm... Can't live w/o Butler so this puts me in a pickle.
    Can't be a Butler issue, as I don't have Butler, yet experience the same issue.
  9.    #9  
    You have both issues w/o Butler? The 'Frequently launch' list not showing and Hotsync not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Can't be a Butler issue, as I don't have Butler, yet experience the same issue.
    Can;t be a Butler issue with you. Can be a Butler issue with him.
    I also suffer from problem #2, haven't encountered problem #1 yet as I've been using the 680 for less than a day...

Any fixes?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    i have seen problem #2 too... very annoying as i have to wait for about a minute for the treo to reboot!
  13.    #13  
    How many people who have these problems use Butler? And what versions of the software you have? Has anyone noticed a correlation?

I don't remember having this before but, until recently, I never checked PalmInternals to see what applications are associated with HotSync started (the reason why I'm assuming it's Butler is because it is the only application associated to the 'HotSync started' notify). It might of started after an upgrade of Butler.

Of course, this is just speculation based on the PalmInternals listing.
    I only used Butler as a reminder for missed messages/calls so I removed it and started using PhoneDisconnect. It has been a week and no problem, yet...
    I don't use Butler.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    I don't use Butler.
    I use Butler and have never seen the problem.

Perhaps you should work out what other apps you have in common
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by belminf View Post
    According to PalmInternals, Butler is the only application attached to the 'Hotsync started' notification so I think it's a Butler issue.

...Hmm... Can't live w/o Butler so this puts me in a pickle.
    Has anyone else tried PalmInternals before blaming Butler?

I've just checked and I have 9 apps listed under 'Hotsync started', so the Butler link may have been deflecting you from finding the real problem
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Has anyone else tried PalmInternals before blaming Butler?

I've just checked and I have 9 apps listed under 'Hotsync started', so the Butler link may have been deflecting you from finding the real problem
    I only have Butler there as mentioned before. Perhaps other people could weigh in.
    I've never had an issue with Butler at all...I did have this home/tabbing issue that cleared with a reset...I had to do a warm reset 2 months ago and its never happened again....
    The find function also seems to stop working too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast