1.    #1  
    All my 650 apps have moved over nicely to the 680 except LEDoff. I used LEDoff to turn off the signal indication for in and out of coverage. I emailed the author to see if he has an update. I would like to avoid Butler because its way more than I am looking for.

Any recommendations to simply shut off the flashing LED on a 680?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Personally I've found that the LED on the 680 is so weak the charging/charged light isn't a bother to me anymore.

The 650 would make the room glow at night, so it was necessary to disable it.
    Butler has LED control options - not sure if they're what you want though.
  4.    #4  
    I downloaded and installed Butler. I changed the LED Default to OFF. However, on my Treo 680 it is still flashing Red. Any way to shut off the LED for Default?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I downloaded and installed Butler. I changed the LED Default to OFF. However, on my Treo 680 it is still flashing Red. Any way to shut off the LED for Default?
    Hmmm...is that when it'ss earchinbg for a signal? Not sure if they can change that one yet.....
  6.    #6  
    All I found in the users guide on the LED is the following:

To confirm that your Treo 680 is charging, check the indicator light on
    your Treo 680.
    • Solid red indicates that your Treo 680 is charging.
    • Solid green indicates that your Treo 680 is fully charged.

What does the flashy red mean?
    What does no light mean?
    No light means service I think...

Blinky light means no service.

Otherwise, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Personally I've found that the LED on the 680 is so weak the charging/charged light isn't a bother to me anymore.

The 650 would make the room glow at night, so it was necessary to disable it.
    I turn my 700p upside down at night and it smothers the light pretty well.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Yeah yeah. :P
  10.    #10  
    If service = no light then I guess that I can live with that.
    yep..on my 680 blinky red means it's trying to find service.......... no light means it found it and you can relax.