1.    #1  
    All,

Just wanted to let y'all know that I applied the 1.10VZW MR last night and everything is working very well. I have used the phone very heavily for about 10 hours on and off since then (it's been a busy night - I'm an on-call engineer) and things have been very stable.

My procedure:

1) Full sync including backup using Missing Sync
    2) Format card in phone
    3) Mount card on OSX desktop using Missing Sync
    4) Copy over \PALM to card
    5) Hard reset Treo
    6) Insert card, perform MR
    7) Wait wait wait
    8) When phone came back from MR and various resets, *228 option 1
    9) Full sync, when asked if I want to restore by Missing Sync, I said "Yes"

Phone is now back to where it was pre-MR in terms of installed apps/data and I appear to have no Blazer in/out lag, or SMS/MMS lag. I'm very happy so far. NB I have NOT used the Treo as a modem since the update although I hear most people are getting better throughput/less latency than before. I will update this post when I have some data in this regard.

FYI these are the apps I use basically all the time. I have used them all post-MR and like I said I have not had crashes or silly lags. The apps that have ** next to them (below) are apps that I have used HEAVILY since the update. This may or may not give you some idea about stability post-MR and how the MR might affect your own preferred apps etc:

4cast **
    4Tips
    Chatter **
    CheckWWW **
    Clean.Uninstaller
    CorePlayer
    Crosswords
    DateBk6 **
    DictionaryToGo **
    DirAssist **
    Deluxe HoldEm
    DocsToGo 10 **
    Explorer (Resco)
    FileZ
    FlightStatus **
    Genius
    GoogleMaps **
    iSilo **
    KBLightsOff **
    MemoLeaf **
    MiniTones
    MissingSync **
    Moxy **
    MUH **
    TomTom Navigator
    pssh **
    Quickipedia **
    RBackup
    View (Resco)
    SecureX **
    Snap
    Snoozy **
    SolFree
    SplashID **
    SplashPhoto **
    TCPMP
    Tetris
    TimerX **
    TreoAlarm **
    USB Modem
    VolumeCare **
    WordToss

Hope this helps!
    -RMT
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Have you had the DTMF problem that many others have had? I'm also a Mac user, using Missing Sync, and it's that touch tone prob that's keeping me from applying the update...
  3.    #3  
    Rest easy Jeff, I can confirm that I have NOT had the DTMF problem. I have gone out of my way to see if it was occuring and I cannot reproduce that problem.

The *only* issue I am experiencing post-MR is that my "Sounds" settings for ringtone and messages are not being saved, however I suspect that this is an issue with RingCare as opposed to the MR. I am going to uninstall RingCare and see what goes on.

Hope this helps!

-RT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    Have you had the DTMF problem that many others have had? I'm also a Mac user, using Missing Sync, and it's that touch tone prob that's keeping me from applying the update...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Glad to hear you're not having the issue.

Thought occurs to me; I'm a Sprint guy, I'm wondering if the prob exists w/ the Sprint MR, and not the VZW?

Glad to hear at least one person didn't get hosed by the update.
  5.    #5  
    OK here's an update. I am now experiencing *one* of the issues that everyone else is experiencing.

I hear the short "tones" even when the mute switch is set to Mute. This behaviour seems related to odd Sounds issues, such as Alert Beep not quite sounding right. And sometimes I hear those short DTMF tones right before I hear an alert beep.

So that is the update. I am not experiencing bad network behaviour, I have had no crashes, all apps are working well, no SMS lag, no Blazer lag, my DUN working well, etc. Just this damn tones thing.

RMT.