Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with VZW tech support and the lady who I spoke with said that 2 days ago, Palm issued a notice to them stating that the now posted v1.10 firmware is and I quote "corrupt" and that they will be issuing a "patch" for it "shortly". For those interested, I actually recorded the call with CallRec v5.1 and I can post an .mp3 of the lady's exact words with regards to this.
  2.    #2  
    I also asked her if there was a way to downgrade to v1.06 and she said that there was no way to do that.
    I wonder if that includes the 1.10 I got installed at the VZW store before it was released on the web.
  4.    #4  
    Attached is the conversation that I just had with VZW. It's amazing to me that they wouldn't let the community know about this!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    Has anyone tried going to a VZW store and asking them about an update to the MR? I might try this this afternoon...
    call back and you will get a different answer. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I just got off the phone with VZW tech support and the lady who I spoke with said that 2 days ago, Palm issued a notice to them stating that the now posted v1.10 firmware is and I quote "corrupt" and that they will be issuing a "patch" for it "shortly". For those interested, I actually recorded the call with CallRec v5.1 and I can post an .mp3 of the lady's exact words with regards to this.

Post it then call back and see what somebody else says.
    Like dbarrett5381 said , I'll bet you'll get a different answer.
    Interesting.....
    interesting conversation. asking vzw if the problem was with the sprint update...i dont believe any of it.
    That call is a hoot. You should forward it to Palm and Verizon.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    interesting conversation. asking vzw if the problem was with the sprint update...i dont believe any of it.
    The reason that I asked if they were referring to the Sprint update is because I was shocked at the news and I thought they were referring to last month when Palm pulled the Sprint update due to it being corrupt. And also, I kinda forgot who I was on the phone with (palm or verizon) hahah to be honest.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    if this was truly the case, palm would pull it and announce the problem on their site...If not I see serious liability on palm's part!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Ah, the saga continues. The 700p is quite possibly the most poorly designed, programmed, implemented and supported electronic device in the history of the electron. How it ever made it into the stores is amazing. How this update every made it onto our phones is staggeringly shocking. I guess in the end the most pathetic thing is that they knew they could release the 700p as-is and make a few bucks. They did. And the joke is on us.
    I'm sure a lot of people feel that way...but I have had mine for a long time now, and every problem I've had, except skipping Ptunes, has been because of software. Never had a lag, never had excessive resets that weren't due to a problem (like one abnormal Fontsmoother font). Mine is a very fine device. Luck of the draw, I guess. I was glad I didn't upgrade, and I sure as hell won't now.....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    if this was truly the case, palm would pull it and announce the problem on their site...If not I see serious liability on palm's part!
    Yeah, I have to agree with you, even though I wish that wasn't the case, but **** just isn't adding up....
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    just like they didn't say there was an mr for verizon unless you went to a store.
    Wow. Palm flat out denied to me that there was any problem, today. So did Verizon, as they took my address to send me my third new Treo 700P in two weeks.

http://tinyurl.com/359hae
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    Wow. Palm flat out denied to me that there was any problem, today. So did Verizon, as they took my address to send me my third new Treo 700P in two weeks.

http://tinyurl.com/359hae
    Are you serious? You spoke to Verizon on the phone (not talking to someone in or at a Verizon store) and they denied that there was any memo sent out?
    Where is the online petition for consumers to sign who want to let Palm know they are fed up with these network disconnections?
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Are you serious? You spoke to Verizon on the phone (not talking to someone in or at a Verizon store) and they denied that there was any memo sent out?
    Correct. Actually I spoke to two alleged second level techs. The first woman said that I wasn't getting a connection because I was not in an evdo area (??) before hanging up on me. The second one (who they called a network technician) specifically denied that there is any connectivity problems with the verizon 700p 1.10 firmware and took my address to send me treo #3. I had read and posted in the long thread on this issue and I knew that some posters had gotten the info you describe. My "technicians" flatly denied any knowledge or awareness, even when I asked them leading questions (e.g. "Aren't you aware that many verizon users are experiencing awful data connectivity since the firmware upgrade). Incredible. Incidentally, I got the same response to the same question from a Palm phone tech today as well.

Any suggestions for a Verizon smartphone that works? I will never willingly purchase another Palm product.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast