Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Even though I switched to the iPhone, I still monitor these boards to give me a good laugh. This latest turn is absolutely hilarious!! As a former Treo 700p user, I realized I was like a fish swimming in Palm's fish bowl. They would give me a little food then starve me, food, starve, food, starve. I did a Nemo on them and escaped the madness.

When are you all going to realize that it's not going to get better. Switch to anything else on the market today (not even pushing the iPhone) and get back to your lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBien View Post
    Even though I switched to the iPhone, I still monitor these boards to give me a good laugh. This latest turn is absolutely hilarious!! As a former Treo 700p user, I realized I was like a fish swimming in Palm's fish bowl. They would give me a little food then starve me, food, starve, food, starve. I did a Nemo on them and escaped the madness.

When are you all going to realize that it's not going to get better. Switch to anything else on the market today (not even pushing the iPhone) and get back to your lives.
    Yes I woke up from this nightmare and I am trying to move on. Worst case I'll just plunk down more money on a device.. and I have special plans for my 700P if I happen to do this..
    I agree.. its annoying, its tiring... game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoucheese View Post
    I received a replacement 700p in the mail yesterday, with the 1.10 upgrade. The data connection problems were still there, as expected.

I called Verizon and worked with a technician who was VERY good. He acted like he didn't know what the problem was, which was frustrating, since I felt like I was being dragged through the motions--we were on the phone for 90 minutes. He tried many different approaches to the data/connection problem, including calling Palm. During the call, I grew convinced that he really did not not what was going on. At one point, he checked the Palm website and pointed out to me that Palm had pulled the update.
    Why is everyone contining to call Verizon to solve this problem? THEY CAN'T SOLVE IT. The problem is a bug in Palm's MR code. Palm pulled the MR and say they are working on a solution. Unless you are calling Palm to get a new phone, you are wasting your time.

TKOS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingOfSting View Post
    Why is everyone contining to call Verizon to solve this problem? THEY CAN'T SOLVE IT. The problem is a bug in Palm's MR code. Palm pulled the MR and say they are working on a solution. Unless you are calling Palm to get a new phone, you are wasting your time.

TKOS

Oh I launched my complaint against Palm. They are willing to replace the device for you but it will not be as super quick turnaround as VZW shipping you a new one. I had VZW Ship me two phones in the span of 1 business week. Phone replacement #2 was more instable than phone #2 up until data seized to work after 2 days. One of the things that Ive formally asked palm for is my money back. Fat chance But I will attempt to press the issue. VZW has replaced some peoples phoens w/ a BB8830 which i'll be more than happy to take if offered to me. They haven't yet. They've so far offered me a brand new out of the box treo. I told them I'll get back to them on th

TKOS

Oh I launched my complaint against Palm. They are willing to replace the device for you but it will not be as super quick turnaround as VZW shipping you a new one. I had VZW Ship me two phones in the span of 1 business week. Phone replacement #2 was more instable than phone #2 up until data seized to work after 2 days. One of the things that Ive formally asked palm for is my money back. Fat chance But I will attempt to press the issue. VZW has replaced some peoples phoens w/ a BB8830 which i'll be more than happy to take if offered to me. They haven't yet. They've so far offered me a brand new out of the box treo. I told them I'll get back to them on that
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Oh I launched my complaint against Palm. They are willing to replace the device for you but it will not be as super quick turnaround as VZW shipping you a new one. I had VZW Ship me two phones in the span of 1 business week. Phone replacement #2 was more instable than phone #2 up until data seized to work after 2 days. One of the things that Ive formally asked palm for is my money back. Fat chance But I will attempt to press the issue. VZW has replaced some peoples phoens w/ a BB8830 which i'll be more than happy to take if offered to me. They haven't yet. They've so far offered me a brand new out of the box treo. I told them I'll get back to them on th
    What a waste of time.... I hear people saying: "I spend 90 min on the phone with Verizon", " I spend 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon" Has it solved anything????? NO. Verizon can't fix the problem because the MR screws up the broadband connection.

Basically, they just ship you another 700P with the 1.10 MR. Verizon doesn't have any of the previous ROM 700Ps because they flashed their enitire inventory with the MR!!! I am just shaking my head at all of these people continuing to call Verizon hoping for a solution.

Guys, give it up.

Why can't Verizon just release the 755. Reports now are that it won't be out until November.... What is with this??? The 700P is badly in need of being replaced. Verizon/Palm needs to throw the towel in on this device and put it to bed (end of life it). Giving us 700p users some kind of rebate on a 755p has to cost less than all of the support calls they are fielding...

TKOS
    Why can't Verizon just release the 755. Reports now are that it won't be out until November.... What is with this??? The 700P is badly in need of being replaced. Verizon/Palm needs to throw the towel in on this device and put it to bed (end of life it). Giving us 700p users some kind of rebate on a 755p has to cost less than all of the support calls they are fielding...
    There is absolutely no way that VZW will release the 755p before they have a 700p fix.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    What a waste of time.... I hear people saying: "I spend 90 min on the phone with Verizon", " I spend 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon" Has it solved anything????? NO. Verizon can't fix the problem because the MR screws up the broadband connection.

Basically, they just ship you another 700P with the 1.10 MR. Verizon doesn't have any of the previous ROM 700Ps because they flashed their enitire inventory with the MR!!! I am just shaking my head at all of these people continuing to call Verizon hoping for a solution.

Guys, give it up.

TKOS

Believe me.. it is a waste of time.. I know it.. Im out.. i really am.. as soon as I can get something else the nightmare is over.. now im counting the days.
    Muhahaha! I bite the bullet and bought a 700WX a month ago after the whole 1.10 fiasco. Someone just bought my 700P on eBay for $300. I'm happy.

Guys, give it up.

TKOS
    It IS a waste of their time - who the heck WANTS to spend 2 hours on the phone. BUT, if it wasn't happening - there wouldn't be a move to a fix. That benefits ALL of us.

Unlike some people - i can't just buy a new phone if this one doesn't work. Cant' do it. Others probably are in the same boat.

I odn't want to give up on Palm - it WORKS BEST for my needs. I love my Phone, i need my phone - it is my portable brain.

I spent HOURS investigating alternatives..... there isn't one at the moment.

So for one - i'm grateful that there are people with hours to spend trying to push for a fix for the rest of us.

Thanks guys!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Right now, the only option, (and a reasonable one) is to request a month's credit for data service. You won't get a replacement phone with 1.06 unless you get lucky (like I did) and find a store that hasn't upgraded their phones. Maybe if more people request a credit, Verizon will make things happen quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    There is absolutely no way that VZW will release the 755p before they have a 700p fix.
    Agreed. Verizon needs to give Palm some incentive to get the problem fixed. Verizon is not going to make any money giving away 755p units to those of us with broken 700p units. They want to give us WORKING 700p units, then SELL 755p units. And Verizon can tell Palm that they won't sell a 755 to a single customer until the 700p update is in working order.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    ...Verizon can tell Palm that they won't sell a 755 to a single customer until the 700p update is in working order.
    Maybe THIS is exactly what happened and is the reason for the delay.
    Last edited by GalenMD; 08/17/2007 at 02:35 PM.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    Why not? Sprint released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I just got off the phone w/ VZW I asked if I get could a different phone they denied me. I started w/ vzw in november w/ my 1st 700P. I'm on #3 w/ a sticky up button on the 5button axis. Who did you have to speak to. I would like to continue w/ VZW. I never once raised my voice but ive been more bummed out than anything.. Also phone #3 which is starting to freeze on me (it had 1.10 on it). I've unfortunately lost faith in this phone and in the company that makes it.
    I'm not sure. I could have got lucky. I just called the regular old (800) 922-0204 number.

At first, they offered me a 700wx. I'll walk through the dialog as best as I remember it:

Me: I'd rather not. If that's my only option, I'll certainly take that over the 700p that doesn't work, but I've read a lot of reviews on the 700wx, and the 6700, and they don't look too good. I don't think I'd be happy with them. The only PDA/Phone you guys have that I've found good reviews on is the BlackBerry 8300. Is there any chance I could either get one of those, or just be let out of my contract so I'd be free to shop around?

Verizon Dude: I know what you mean. The 8830 is a good phone.

Me:And, according to your Web site, it's $100 less than the 700wx that you're offering.

Verizon Dude: Let me go talk to my supervisor, and see if they can do that.

Me: Make sure there wouldn't be a contract extension. The last thing I want is to be locked in even longer. If they won't approve the 8830, will you ask your supervisor if I can be let out of my contract?

Verizon Dude: Yes. I'll ask.

He came back and told me that it was a done deal.

Now, here's where it gets fun, and in my opinion, predictable. I asked him again about a contract extension. He assured me there wouldn't be one. I asked him if he'd make a note of that on my record, just in case the receipt came with contract terms.

The phone came the next day, and there the receipt said "Contract Terms: 24 months". I called in to cry about it, of course.

The woman on the phone told me that's how it worked. If I activated the phone, I had to extend my contract by a year. She was very hard-nosed about this, and wouldn't budge. She put me on hold and asked her supervisor, and he/she wouldn't budge either.

I asked her how much it would cost me to buy out my contract. She looked it up and told me the early termination fee was $175. I said "done deal, let's do that". She proceeded to transfer me to the department that was going to process the buyout.

While I was holding, I got to thinking about the logistics of the thing. I was sitting here with two phones, and needed one of them to keep working until I found something else. I wasn't sure how/when to return one, then the other, etc. So I hung up and called back.

This time a dude answered. I told him I needed to know how/when to send my phones back. He was a little stumped, and asked me to explain the whole situation. I did.

After I explained, he put me on hold to talk to his supervisor. He came back on and said that there shouldn't be a contract extension (lol). He walked me through the process of calling in and doing the automated activation. When it came to the part where I had to agree to the 2-year extension, he told me to press agree to it. I did. After that, he went in and manually changed my record to roll back to the old contract end-date.

He told me to log on to my account after midnight to confirm the update. Looks good.

Getting what you want can be done. You have to be nice, patient, willing to call back multiple times, and (probably) a little lucky. For another tidbit of inside info... My phone was not under warranty with them. I didn't even buy it from them. I bought it on eBay... Longer than a year ago. If I can get it done, anyone within warranty terms should be able to.
    I walked in to my local verizon store and looked at the floor model 700P, checked the OS Version and it had the 1.06 still on it. I'm on my second replacement 700P with 1.10 and having constant 3000 errors.. I was tempted to ask the sales guy to just swap the phones, the only thing that stopped me is that the floor model was pretty banged up and the screen had a scratch on it. I'm just gonna hold off and see what happens in the next week, maybe ask for the BB like the above post.
    The way I look at it is this: ALL OF THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME.

I have a 700p. I love it WHEN IT WORKS RIGHT (which admittedly is rarely these days). My only complaint about it now is the handset speaker ain't great in calls (more static than my prior 700p), and the network connectivity issue. However, I am in an EVDO area so it happens rarely for me right now - annoying but still useable. So I am done calling and complaining. They clearly know the problem and are working on it - evidenced by their yanking it from the site and admitting the problem.

So my plan is this: my contract with VZW for this phone is up next June. I am going to hobble along with my 700p (and wait for the eventual fix for the fix) until then, and THEN see what my options are. I truly hope a viable Palm OS successor/replacement is available by then. The Blackberry OS and application suite just does not suit me (and I HATE the look of the Windows Mobil OS - too much waste of screen space), and I have years of Palm stuff I value too much that I don't want to have to repurchase.

So I wait. Get frustrated every now and then. Achieve my Zen moment and chill. Rinse. Repeat.
    My $.02...

Today I called Palm and spoke to someone there who verified the problem with the 700p. I was kind of short with her when she told me the temporary 'fix' was to "turn the phone radio off, then on again". I told her in no uncertain terms that that was NOT a 'fix' because it didnt directly fix the problem.

I hung up. Called VZW and within 10 min had a credit for data plan applied to my account.

I'll wait for the fix as well. I considered going to a WX but I really do like what I have now, if only it would work right.
  19. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonrt3 View Post
    I'll wait for the fix as well. I considered going to a WX but I really do like what I have now, if only it would work right.
    I had lunch with my mom yesterday and she was asking me how I was liking my new phone (700p, Verizon). I briefly told her about the problems and she was like, "That's ridiculous, you should get them to do something about it," i.e. get them to replace the phone. I explained that it was pointless because if they replace the phone with an identical one it will have the same problems, and there isn't another phone in existence that I would accept as a substitute, even if I was willing to switch carriers. It's a very sad situation that I'm willing to stick with a broken 700p rather than own any other fully functioning phone in the world.

Someone competent really needs to stand up and fill the void that Palm left when they began to suck. I think Apple could do it if they wanted to, but they seem to be too busy taking capabilities that Palm users had 5 years ago and introducing them to the masses like it's something new (albeit prettier and easier to use). This will hopefully make them oodles of money, which I hope they use to branch out and offer a real smartphone for more advanced users. Somebody has to do it, because Palm obviously can't handle it, and has spent all their time developing a ridiculous "smartphone companion" for all their smartphones that don't work!
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    Someone competent really needs to stand up and fill the void that Palm left when they began to suck. I think Apple could do it if they wanted to, but they seem to be too busy taking capabilities that Palm users had 5 years ago and introducing them to the masses like it's something new (albeit prettier and easier to use). This will hopefully make them oodles of money, which I hope they use to branch out and offer a real smartphone for more advanced users. Somebody has to do it, because Palm obviously can't handle it, and has spent all their time developing a ridiculous "smartphone companion" for all their smartphones that don't work!

Its funny how Palm killed Newton.. Maybe its time for the Empire Striking Back via the Iphone which could be step one. I agree its rediculous. Would be nice for Apple with its "Brand Name" to maybe reclaim this market. Dell failed, Sony had a potential chance if they made a phone module for their PalmOS PDAs.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast