Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I had a replacement 700p that arrived with 1.10 pre-loaded and I'm getting the data 3000 error.. what a joke.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    If this isn't a prime example of corporate ineptitude, I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    What # phone will this make fro you.. and who said what.. who's the rep.etc.etc.etc.
    The one they're sending will be my 3rd phone in about 3 weeks.

I pretty much just kept describing the problem. Every time they tried to pull the "it's a known issue we don't have any control over" garbage, I told them that I use Verizon because they offer this data plan. And know I'm stuck with something that doesn't do what I need it to do. I keep telling them I'm very frustrated. I've been very nice, and cooperative.

I agreed to be on their troubleshooting list. Some dude calls me twice a day and has me do different things to see if they can pinpoint the problem...

It actually seems to be doing some good. We've determined that, if I don't make (or take) any calls after my most recent reboot, data transmission seems to work fine. Okay, that doesn't help me, but it does help them, so I'm happy to do it.
    I got my 3rd replacement phone today. They tried to sneak another 12 month contract extension by me! That's right, the 2nd extension they've tried to sneak by me in a week, even after:

1. Calling and having to have the first one removed.

2. Specifically covering this issue while asking for the current replacement.

I can't believe these dirtbags. I'm so gone when my contract is up.

Update on the replacement phone later.
    I have BIG NEWS to report too...

3000 data error.
    Heavy Doody: After going through 1 experion and 2 Verizon 700ps, I'm now on my second 650. (The first 650 had unexplained lockups and calendar wipes). The 650 connects perfectly to the network, every time. I am going to hang on to the 650 until they introduce the 755p (some rumors say tomorrow, some say early September). Hopefully that will end this. Too bad about Verizon incurring 4 FedEx charges, and writing off a month of my data plan. And don't even get me started on Palm, whose high-level tech told me he spoke personally to Palm's Chief Treo Engineer who said he had never heard of this problem.....

EDIT-- Just looked at GIZMODO which says that Verizon is not introducing the 755p until NOVEMBER.

http://tinyurl.com/35mxtr

damn.
    Last edited by rosalindavenue; 08/15/2007 at 01:35 PM.
    I just got off the phone with Verizon... Again.

They are sending me a replacement 700p... Again. This will be my 4th 700p in 2 weeks.

According to the customer service rep on the phone, they received memos today, stating that all replacement phones that go out will NOT have 1.10 installed.

New 700p comes tomorrow. I'll let you know if that's true or not, so y'all don't go calling in without reason.
    That would be great (if it were true). I would love to be able to get a 700p with the old firmware. My contact at Verizon has told me (several times) that all of the 700ps in their warehouse were flashed with the MR, and that it was not possible to get one.
  9. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I got a replacement from Asurion with 1.10 already installed. At home, I don't have any data connectivity problems. On a trip to Florida, Chicago and St. Louis, I consistently had trouble with establishing a data connection after a voice connection. I had to wait 10-15 minutes or turn the phone on and off to restore data connectivity. Weird.
    Treo 700p #4 came.

I does still 1.10 installed, despite them telling me (again) that it would not.

It did come with a 1-year contract extension, which I had to call in to get removed before activating the phone.

So far it has not failed on a data connection. Granted, I've only been playing with it for 15 minutes, but I was able to get the others to fail within 5 minutes.

*fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Doody View Post
    Treo 700p #4 came.

I does still 1.10 installed, despite them telling me (again) that it would not.

It did come with a 1-year contract extension, which I had to call in to get removed before activating the phone.

So far it has not failed on a data connection. Granted, I've only been playing with it for 15 minutes, but I was able to get the others to fail within 5 minutes.

*fingers crossed*

#1.. of course it will have 1.10 on it.. only way to get a 1.06 phone is to open it brand new out of the box.

It will fail.. just give it time... If not in 10 mins 1 hour, 1 day, 2 or 3 days.. It will fail.. but what about 1 week, 1 month, and months from now... Again.. Didnt get ANY Data issues at all until this mess started.
    #1.. of course it will have 1.10 on it.. only way to get a 1.06 phone is to open it brand new out of the box.
    Like I said in my previous post, the Verizon customer service rep I spoke to yesterday told me they were aware of the problem and the action that they had taken was to start sending out only 1.06-loaded phones.

Just giving you an update.
    3000 error.

*calling Verizon*
    Blackberry 8830 shipping overnight today, on Verizon's dime, with no contract extension.

Didn't raise my voice once.

- Heavy "Catches Flies with Honey" Doody
    BTW...

The support guy told me that new ones going out were 1.06. For the replacements, they didn't have their warehouse completely stocked with 1.06 versions yet, so if you were to get a replacement now, there would be about a 60% chance that you'd get a 1.10.
  16. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    BTW...

The support guy told me that new ones going out were 1.06. For the replacements, they didn't have their warehouse completely stocked with 1.06 versions yet, so if you were to get a replacement now, there would be about a 60% chance that you'd get a 1.10.
    Or they could, you know, OPEN them so they could send out 100% ones that aren't defective. (Or are defective in a different, 1.06 kind of way).

It will fail.. just give it time... If not in 10 mins 1 hour, 1 day, 2 or 3 days.. It will fail.. but what about 1 week, 1 month, and months from now... Again.. Didnt get ANY Data issues at all until this mess started.
    Mine was brand new in box and had 1.10 on it.

I haven't had an error on it since the first time i tried to connect. After that, it's connected every time - and I left it for lke 4 hours once and it stayed.

I don't know how to make it fail at this point?!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Blackberry 8830 shipping overnight today, on Verizon's dime, with no contract extension.

Didn't raise my voice once.

- Heavy "Catches Flies with Honey" Doody

I just got off the phone w/ VZW I asked if I get could a different phone they denied me. I started w/ vzw in november w/ my 1st 700P. I'm on #3 w/ a sticky up button on the 5button axis. Who did you have to speak to. I would like to continue w/ VZW. I never once raised my voice but ive been more bummed out than anything.. Also phone #3 which is starting to freeze on me (it had 1.10 on it). I've unfortunately lost faith in this phone and in the company that makes it.
    I received a replacement 700p in the mail yesterday, with the 1.10 upgrade. The data connection problems were still there, as expected.

I called Verizon and worked with a technician who was VERY good. He acted like he didn't know what the problem was, which was frustrating, since I felt like I was being dragged through the motions--we were on the phone for 90 minutes. He tried many different approaches to the data/connection problem, including calling Palm. During the call, I grew convinced that he really did not not what was going on. At one point, he checked the Palm website and pointed out to me that Palm had pulled the update.

How Verizon and Palm can not be communicating with a good technician like this is beyond me. He was clearly committed to fixing my phone, even when I kept telling him that nothing was going to work. He seemed to take it very personally when he couldn't fix the phone--no faulty of his.

So I still have a phone that doesn't work, like too many others. Internal communication in both companies is abysmal. What they have up their sleeve is beyond me.
  20. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    Mine was brand new in box and had 1.10 on it.

I haven't had an error on it since the first time i tried to connect. After that, it's connected every time - and I left it for lke 4 hours once and it stayed.

I don't know how to make it fail at this point?!
    Are you using 1x or EVDO? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$'$s$ $only$ $a$ $1x$ $problem$.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast