Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    You are right, of course boberang. Fury should be directed at palm, although palm says it should be directed at verizon....
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    ...... Fury should be directed at palm, although palm says it should be directed at verizon....
    yeah, that "its the other company's fault" is always frustrating. I think I am bowing out of the data plan until it gets resolved. It is useless as a data phone to me at the moment, so why pay for it. At least it is still nice having the palm PIM stuff, reading ebooks, etc. on the phone. But no data is VERY disappointing.

Ugggggh
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. Monday they're shipping out a replacement 700p that does not have the 1.10 MR installed. I doubt that's correct, but we'll see.

How can I tell what version I have?
    Both of these companies should step up to the plate instead of blaming each other. Since it's a firmware upgrade, in my opinion the lion's share of responsibility falls on Palm.

Also, don't believe that the updater is "corrupt" as some have said. If it were corrupted, they could post a new uncorrupted file within minutes. Palm is clearly backpedaling on what is a very visible and obvious QA issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Doody View Post
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. Monday they're shipping out a replacement 700p that does not have the 1.10 MR installed. I doubt that's correct, but we'll see.

How can I tell what version I have?
    Go to phone--> menu-->options -->phone info. Software version is listed on that page.
    Thanks, rosalindavenue.

I'll keep y'all posted about how this goes.

I hope they really can get me one with the older firmware. If not, I hope they're prepared for the wrath of me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Don't believe them. I received my supposed 1.06 firmware phone, that was indeed a 1.10 when it arrived after they swore it would be 1.06. It went right back. I do have an option now to go to the 700WX. I'm still deciding. I do not know what to do....
    Please forgive my ignorance... I have a 700p with 1.06, Verizon. Is there some particular reason for the upgrade? It does lock up and lag once in a while, but it doesn't bug me enough to want to upgrade to something with more problems.
    Thanks,
    Sarina
    I think you all getting the replacement phones with 1.10 should give it a try. I got one a week ago. It said in the phone info it was a new phone. In any case, it has worked almost perfectly. No resets, no connection errors, bluetooth is quick, PTunes sounds GREAT-no skips, sms working great. I did have a lag one time getting into Blazer. I just set it to go to a blank page and clear the cache on exit. Works great with those settings. I have a mix of EVDO and 1X coverage.

I was leery about getting 1.10 as I had not upgraded my old phone. So far, it is great. Also, I was too lazy to do a clean install of everything so I just restored it from a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I think you all getting the replacement phones with 1.10 should give it a try. I got one a week ago. It said in the phone info it was a new phone. In any case, it has worked almost perfectly. No resets, no connection errors, bluetooth is quick, PTunes sounds GREAT-no skips, sms working great. I did have a lag one time getting into Blazer. I just set it to go to a blank page and clear the cache on exit. Works great with those settings. I have a mix of EVDO and 1X coverage.

I was leery about getting 1.10 as I had not upgraded my old phone. So far, it is great. Also, I was too lazy to do a clean install of everything so I just restored it from a backup.
    Let me guess... you are on Sprint and not Verizon, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    Let me guess... you are on Sprint and not Verizon, right?
    Verizon
    My new Verizon 700p is "fine". I have nothing to compare it to - right now the ergonomics of it are odd compared to my 650. That is driving me the craziest of it all!

But i haven't had anything majorly "wrong" yet - i haven't tried BT yet though either.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Wow. I mean, just....wow. I go on vacation for ten days and come back to see that the Verizon MR has flamed out in a big way.

Now I know I'm not putting that crap on my phone. It works fine as is. I'm likely done with Palm after the 700p, after almost ten years using their products. I simply cannot believe how badly consumers are being treated with the widespread problems with this phone. It looks like I'm going to have to find another calendar solution and, perhaps switch to Blackberry.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Wow. I mean, just....wow. I go on vacation for ten days and come back to see that the Verizon MR has flamed out in a big way.

Now I know I'm not putting that crap on my phone. It works fine as is. I'm likely done with Palm after the 700p, after almost ten years using their products. I simply cannot believe how badly consumers are being treated with the widespread problems with this phone. It looks like I'm going to have to find another calendar solution and, perhaps switch to Blackberry.

Yep NeuronBob, all hell broke loose. Same thing happened in another area of my life when I went to japan for 3 weeks. A whole scene changes. Ive been a Palm user from palm-pro to VIsor/phone etc.. now up to this point.

I'm now one of the many people battling palm/verizon (moreover palm). Its incredible w/ this high amount of problems with these phones that they are not doing jack $h!t about them. Here's your MR... good luck.. and too bad.

Right now I am sitting on day 2 now of no data on my replacement phone which I received last friday. This is phone number two for me. I think I am going to request a manager the next time I call. I cant take it anymore with this phone. Its useless and its the biggest Lemon of a purchase I've ever made (no I dont own a PS3 or a xbox360) . Not noly is it pissing me off but its pissing off my accountant (aka my wife) who hates me spending scads of moolah on a telephone and service per month.

I'll say this on Verizon's behalf. They are 'sympathetic' to my cause and it astounds me that the few people i talk to there don't have a clue on whats going on. I'd be happy if VZ says "The Treo 700P is horrible,etc,whatever". We will give u a new bla-bla device. Its happened to some people and I think I am joining that bandwagon sooner or later.

Like howard stern.. I have joined one revolution to saying to the FCC. Now I am joining another revolution to Palm. I don't know what else we could do as users to get through to palm. We've waited for a long time for a bunch of fixes to our Treo 700P units. During this time, they've been: Working on massive update fixes for the Windows Platform
    Extremely minor updates fro the PalmOS platform
    Putting their resources into developing the Palm 'Fooleo'
    Releasing newer phones 750p, 755p
    Releasing a semi-working and brickable update for the Sprint Crowd

I gotta say: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me 3 times.... Well I guess we've deserved a kick in the balls for that one.

I guess bottom line is we've been mis-led. I've been rather diplomatic at this point but I am somewhat tired and horrified as I read that someone was on ther 7th Treo.. 7!!! I've had my phone since november and Ive had massive lags and other typical issues alot of us had but kept hope. That hope is gone. If Palm came out with a public apology or ANYTHING then I'll accept it but forget it. No more hoping and waiting. Even if VZW fixes my personal issue that only pro-longs the inevitable.

Ladies and Gentlemen: its time to vote with your wallet.

My apologies for the long rant for its late and I'm annoyed and tired.

I found this rather funny: http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/11/p...e-palm_os.html
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/07/2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Spartaaaaaaaaans: prepare for Glory
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    here here! Palm has abandoned us!

For the first time in my life I have opted not to perform an update. But all is not peaches and cream, bluetooth stinks, mp3 and ringtone playback skips, blazer is slow as all hell, and I get lagging at the most inopportune moments. Let me get your number gorgeous, oh wait, aaa, hold on, umm, one more second, uhhh got a pen?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    This is more than about voting with your wallet -- Palm has issued a software update that has rendered the 700p defective, and promoted that this software update should be installed. We've already paid for this device, so now we are supposed to vote by giving more of our hard earned dollars to another company? I don't think so...

If you all want action, then vote not with your wallets but with your RIGHTS. Each and every 700p owner that has not received satisfaction from either Verizon or Palm should file a small claims court suit against both Palm and Verizon and get your money back. Print out the posts in these forums -- that's all the evidence you'll need.

Really folks, start suing the b*st*rds and make them answer for their corporate cluelessness. It costs all of $20-$30 to file a small claims suit, I think it's money well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS View Post
    This is more than about voting with your wallet -- Palm has issued a software update that has rendered the 700p defective, and promoted that this software update should be installed. We've already paid for this device, so now we are supposed to vote by giving more of our hard earned dollars to another company? I don't think so...

If you all want action, then vote not with your wallets but with your RIGHTS. Each and every 700p owner that has not received satisfaction from either Verizon or Palm should file a small claims court suit against both Palm and Verizon and get your money back. Print out the posts in these forums -- that's all the evidence you'll need.

Really folks, start suing the b*st*rds and make them answer for their corporate cluelessness. It costs all of $20-$30 to file a small claims suit, I think it's money well spent.
    I agree. I have already started investigating items out there in Sunnyvale. I use to live in sunnyvale years ago and walking distance from where palm inc is presently. I'm doing oodles of research regarding claims and complaints with BBB, AG,etc.. Its been over 10 years since I've talked to a Congressman about a legal matter and after all this time I'm starting to exercise my rights.
    I guarantee that if Verizon and Palm are flooded with several thousand small claims lawsuits throughout the country, they will quickly address this issue to everyone's satisfaction. No company, no matter how large, has the resources to fight a large number of small claims suits at the same time, or it would cost them far too much money to do so and would rather solve the problem.
    As I suspected, they sent a new one with the 1.10 MR installed. LOL. I don't blame tech support. She probably had no clue.

We'll give it a few days. If I have problems with it, they will have problems with me.

A special note to anyone who gets an exchange: Beware of the contract terms on your Customer Receipt. Mine would have extended my contract by a year, had I not placed a call to Verizon to get that wiped off.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Mine would have extended my contract by a year, had I not placed a call to Verizon to get that wiped off.
    Same here. I didn't even know about it until a second tech support person caught the first tech support person's error.