Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    well they fixed mines in one phone call, the gave me 24number code to put in my phone and my treo is totally on point now its like how it was supposed to be.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    I just got off the phone with a verizon tech who called me at home at 10:20 PM eastern. He says that this is a KNOWN problem with the 1.10 firmeare and that Palm is working on a fix right now. He talked me through a "workaround" that did not work. It was the same workaround (actually just steps 5-12) that TJSundevil posted on Monday:

Link: http://tinyurl.com/2r573e

Once again, it did not work. The tech then told me that he had nothing further for me and gave up. I did not belabor the failure; it is 10:30 PM and I've had a few beers (my birthday). What a disaster. Palm has completely screwed the pooch on this one. We are high and dry. My fourth Treo 700p in two weeks is useless, except for the phone.
    I have been calling them every day; both palm and Verizon. It has been extremely frustrating that there has been no fix with so many users getting this error. Palm recommended the update and any new Treo that you get right now will have the new firmware. I have tried to get replacements with the old firmware, but I have been unsuccessful. What bugs me the most is that Palm will not provide a time line or say anything and they can be defensive. What's really bad is that Palm still recommends this update on their site and it is likely that users with the old Firmware will hope to use their bluetooth device and download it. They will be stuck with he 3000 error every time they attempt to establish a connection and likely not have fun with the bluetooth .
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Stayfly:

Are you saying your 1.10 phone is working fine now? What was the secret 24 digit code?
    After swapping out my 700P for another 700P (of course it came with the same 1.10 MR). I finally got pissed enough that I demanded them to swap my phone for a comparable phone. They arranged it to where I could get a brand new 700WX same day at a local store. Granted, the WM5 is definitely squirrelly compared to the Palm OS, but at least it works.

The one other thing is that my phone was still under warranty that would have expired in October this year.. So, that may have been a factor as well.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Has anyone asked palm why the update is still available on the palm site?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    share that code, please.

Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    well they fixed mines in one phone call, the gave me 24number code to put in my phone and my treo is totally on point now its like how it was supposed to be.
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The 3000 error seems to have gone away for me by having Verizon do a full account re-provision and switching to a replacement 700P which I received from Verizon on 7/30/2007. 24 hours no errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAllard View Post
    The 3000 error seems to have gone away for me by having Verizon do a full account re-provision and switching to a replacement 700P which I received from Verizon on 7/30/2007. 24 hours no errors.
    I'd say give it a few days before you say its fixed. I've noticed that on most of these MR's, updates, etc. that the first 24 hours are usually the good period and then all hell ensues.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/01/2007 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm getting ready to place this call myself. Does anyone know how/if Verizon will treat me differently, knowing I didn't buy the phone from them? I bought it on eBay. They replaced it once, after doing a roaming update crippled my phone.

Any suggestions on how I might approach the situation differently than people who bought from them? Not mentioning it seemed to work last time, but they acknowledged they were replacing it because it was their network that screwed up my phone.

Thanks.
    By: stayfly at 07/27/2007 11:19 PM

LOL, that is so funny. The magical mystery code, huh. Just enter it on your phone, and our Treos will become one with network, and the universe!
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Has anyone asked palm why the update is still available on the palm site?
    Why is the update still available on VZW and Palm sites after several VZW and Palm techs have acknowledge the MR doesn't work?

Maybe it's like how car companies work before they have a major recall. There needs to be a certain number of deaths (Treo 700p) before they put priority on it.

But hey the Folio is out gang!
    So I wonder if my phone coming from Asurion tomorrow will have it? They said it was a "new 700p".

Hmmm..... time will tell!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    So I wonder if my phone coming from Asurion tomorrow will have it? They said it was a "new 700p".

Hmmm..... time will tell!
    I got an asurion 700p replacement on July 12 and YES it had 1.10 firmware on it, unfortunately.
    TraecyS/FL

when you get your phone
    do #*#RTN (786) scroll down and see if its reconditioned..
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    TraecyS/FL

when you get your phone
    do #*#RTN (786) scroll down and see if its reconditioned..
    Just for info, the replacement phone I got this week from Verizon said it was not refurbished. It came with 1.10. No 3000 errors in first two days. Phone is really working good (no resets) but my previous one worked well too.
    Spooky.. I am now on Strike #1 on getting my 1st replacement phone.. Should give me something to do while im watching movies at home. I did the usual hard reset and still getting the error 3000s. Its a flat out annoyance.

So does #*#RTN really say anything about the phone? I'll find out these fantastic answers in two days when i get my 'replacement'

Makes you wonder if we pooled our serial #s and see if one of us go someone elses return unit
    Hey - I don't want your guy's stinkin' returned phones. The replacement 650 i got yesterday had a non-functioning earpiece/speaker. Worked great on speakerphone! :P

LOL, i'll check it out though. Frankly, I don't care what it is - as long as it looks good, provided it works. I can be a royal b if pushed hard enough, and a busted phone won't go over well. It will be #2. Hmmm, gee, on the other hand, timing it right to have them have to replace it AGAIN in time for the 755 launch might work

Maybe I won't open my skin i just ordered for it! LOL!!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    Hey - I don't want your guy's stinkin' returned phones. The replacement 650 i got yesterday had a non-functioning earpiece/speaker. Worked great on speakerphone! :P

LOL, i'll check it out though. Frankly, I don't care what it is - as long as it looks good, provided it works. I can be a royal b if pushed hard enough, and a busted phone won't go over well. It will be #2. Hmmm, gee, on the other hand, timing it right to have them have to replace it AGAIN in time for the 755 launch might work

Maybe I won't open my skin i just ordered for it! LOL!!
    It's here!!!!!!!!

It's a Verizon Retail box that doesn't appear to have been opened ever. The sticker on the side of the box says: SW: 1.10

(This was an Asurion Insurance replacement btw for anyone jumping into the thread and not reading up).

Now to open it and see how it goes!
    Palm has now told me that there is no 1.10 firmware upgrade problem and that this is strictly a Verizon network issue. This contradicts what I have been told for the last two weeks by both Verizon and Palm. I am outraged at these clowns, and I am furious with my IT people for putting me in a Palm-dependent position.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    ...and I am furious with my IT people for putting me in a Palm-dependent position.
    Ummm, why? Do you think they had a crystal ball and realized the palm 700p was going to be !#$@!# and said "lets stick it to rosalindavenue" or that they were just what, not doing their jobs?

Had you gone Blackberry and it turned out to be !#$!#@$ or Windows Mobile and it turned out to be !#@$!@#$ you likely would be in similar shoes (blackberry or windows mobile dependent positions). Up until the 700P I think the palm Treo's were VERY highly rated. I doubt your IT people can see into the future and be flawless.