Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I have yet to try to get a replacement phone and I see that a lot of people here have been getting them. Can anyone tell me who I need to call and what I need to say to "fast track" getting to the point where they agree to send me a new phone? Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
    You are wasting your time asking for a replacement phone. I've had three 700ps in the last 2 weeks; they all had the same network connection flaw. This is about the 1.10 firmware and I dont think the hardware has anything to do with it.
    Wait a sec - is that true that the 755p requires different accessories? Like what accessories? Charger(car or wall)/HotSync cable/battery?
    My understanding is that the charger and hot sync cable are the same, but the battery and some cases will not fit. Also, the 755 uses a Mini SD card.
    Attached is the conversation that I just had with VZW. It's amazing to me that they wouldn't let the community know about this!!!
    I'd be careful of doing that...you may be asking for legal trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    Yea, god forbid we know the truth of the matter...
    First, Virginia (callers home State) is a one party State, meaning that only one party of the conversation has to agree to the recording of the conversation.

Federal law also is one party. Verizon maintains call centers in multiple locations and customers have no way of knowing which State they are contacting. Any attempt to apply a particular State's two party rule (based on a claim that the offended party (Verizon) was located in such a location) to a specific call would be rebuked and jurisdictional rules would, in all likely-hood, defer to federal regulations.

Second, Verizon Wireless "may" record conversations for "training purposes" or other purposes as approved by their "legal department". Employees have no expectation of privacy. Ask anyone who works in customer service at any medium to large corp and they will tell you that supervisors can, and do, monitor and record conversations... especially if they suspect a problem with an employee.

Now, having said that, ask me if I would ever want to have a conversation with someone who records and then posts their conversations on the Net? My Answer: Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Yea, god forbid we know the truth of the matter...
    that's not what i meant....i am here to support you guys...and i am not an attorney

There are 1-party and 2-party consent rules which differ state to state..and when calling CS...you are most likely crossing state lines..so rules change

like i said...you MAY want to be careful
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    that's not what i meant....i am here to support you guys...and i am not an attorney

There are 1-party and 2-party consent rules which differ state to state..and when calling CS...you are most likely crossing state lines..so rules change

like i said...you MAY want to be careful
    Don't even worry about it....it was actually a very good thought/warning, and most of us who are not products of the Kentucky public school system understood what your comment meant....
    Now boys, let's not take things personally now...

Granted, although I didn't say it my sarcasim was directed at VZ and Palm not you...and yes it's good info to keep in mind...and you fergot producks ove Kenutcky pubic universitiiieies, yuck...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Granted, although I didn't say it my sarcasim was directed at VZ and Palm not you...and yes it's good info to keep in mind...and you fergot producks ove Kenutcky pubic universitiiieies, yuck...
    LOL!! No worries, GN....

all is good my friend! BTW...palm does need to get their act together...even after post sprint MR...Im having the same issues...the only thing that really changed is that blazer is much faster
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Okay, here's the latest info I got. I had a Network repair ticket opened with Verizon on Monday, and I just got a call (10pm!) from the Verizon Network repair tech working on my ticket. He told that that Palm is now aware of the problem, and is working on a fix for the MR. He didn't know the time frame. He was very apologetic, and told me that Palm is looking for people with the Network problem who can help them troubleshoot it. I told him to add my name to his list of people volunteering, which now stands at 12.

If Palm is now just looking for people to help them, I can't imagine a fix will be along very quickly. My guess is the 755p willl be available prior to any update for the update. He left my ticket open, which hopefully will speed up my request to replace this disaster with a 755p.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    They just were figuring this out to call you tonight? VZW told me the same thing on Tuesday... and like you I called on Monday... and many days prior. See below. After 9 years I'm jumping off the Palm train after my contract ends (7 more depressing months)

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=220
    just a quick question.. I installed the mr update 1.10, been having all the problems encounterd ie. data error 3000, lags, resets almost everyday.

The only problem is that I bought my verizon treo 700p from my friend that bought it directly from verizon.. am i able to get a replacement 700p from vzw or am i S.O.L?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I am just completely jaw dropped in awe of how poorly palm has treated us. This just continues to get worse and worse. I will definitely not be buying another palm. Luckily I didn't install the update, but still have probs left over original 700p defects.

WTF??

Other companies would never get away with this, apple gets sued all the time and forced to repair or recall, I can't believe this isn't the case with the 700p...
    Its time someone stepped up and filed a suit!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I just had an online chat with a Palm service rep. Here's how it went:

analyst Victor has entered room

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:48:02 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

Hello Scott, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Victor. How may I help you?

Scott(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:48:07 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

I, like thousands of other 700p users, am having connectivity problems following the MR 1.10 upgrade. Is Palm doing anything to fix this problem?

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:49:40 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

Yes, our engineers are working to fix the issue as soon as possible. I do understand.

Scott(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:49:54 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

Is there a timetable for a fix?

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:50:53 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

As of now even we are not intimated about specific time period. However, we are expecting a release very soon.

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:51:11 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Scott(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:52:19 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

OK

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:52:54 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Scott(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:53:36 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

Does Palm realize how big a problem this is?

Victor(Thu Jul 26 2007 08:53:57 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time))>

Yes, Trust me.

It was the last thing he said, "trust me," that makes me very nervous. I don't trust ANYTHING Palm says or does at this point.
    I am glad I was out of town when the MR came out and decided to check here - I am not touching that thing with a 10-foot pole. My only regret is also a 7 month wait till I am out of contract ...
  17. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm glad to hear they say they're working on a fix. It may not mean anything, but it's a step up from saying there is no problem, or it's Verizon/Sprint's problem, or it's an isolated incident. My big concern is that in all the hoopla over the data connection problems they will ignore the DTMF bug. I think it would be a good idea for anybody who complains to Palm or your carrier to also throw in a comment about that, if you're experiencing it.
    Given how bad the Sprint update went, I would have thought the Verizon update would have been better. I have Sprint and the MR, but at least I am not receiving the network error Verizon customers are suffering. I would be much happier if they would just make the stupid DTMF sound go away.
    I have sprint and get the error 3000 around 1 out of 4 times my phone always tries to connect....i also have a problem of the phone disconnecting the network connection too often.....for example...ill be using blazer...and i go into sms to send a text..and then when i got back to blazer...it has to sign on and do that whole process again...quite annoying!!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    next time you speak with palm, ask for proof!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast