Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    Any suggestions for a Verizon smartphone that works? I will never willingly purchase another Palm product.
    I got a BlackBerry 8830 after wrangling with Verizon for three days about how disappointed I was with my 700p and the broken MR promises from both Palm and Verizon. I demanded that they take it back (eight months after I got it) and replace it with the BlackBerry 8830.

Holy Mother of God.

It works. It just works. And it works beautifully.

What a joy it is to not have to reset my phone every day... to hold a conversation over my Plantronics Discovery 665 with no static, and no broken Bluetooth connection... to receive phone calls without a spontaneous reset...

#$%@! Palm. I will never, ever, ever, EVER buy another Palm smartphone as long as I walk this earth.

Bye bye, Palm! So long and thanks (for nothing) for all the $#@#%&! Treos!
    Current conversation with VZW - see post #213 at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144655
    I just had a scary thought: what are Verizon and Sprint doing with all the phones that folks on this forum are turning in to them as defective? I bet they send them out again as "refurb" units.
    I emailed Verizon about the data/error 3000 and received this response yesterday(7/23)-at least they admit a problem!

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with your Treo 700p's data connection. We are happy to assist you with your question.

Palm is aware of the "error 3000" issue and is investigating the cause of this as it does not affect all Treo 700p's. At this time, Palm is unable to state when a solution or patch will be offered to resolve the issue. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this.

If you have further questions or concerns, please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyon80 View Post
    I emailed Verizon about the data/error 3000 and received this response yesterday(7/23)-at least they admit a problem!

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with your Treo 700p's data connection. We are happy to assist you with your question.

Palm is aware of the "error 3000" issue and is investigating the cause of this as it does not affect all Treo 700p's. At this time, Palm is unable to state when a solution or patch will be offered to resolve the issue. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this.

If you have further questions or concerns, please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

I guess that's progress. The "it does not affect all Treo 700p's" sounds like a set-up for "it is something you added to the Treo and not our responsibility." I also don't think that's true. I agree with those who've said it probably does affect all 700P's with the MR, but most people have no idea it's happening because they haven't upgraded or because of the way they use the data network on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble View Post
    I guess that's progress. The "it does not affect all Treo 700p's" sounds like a set-up for "it is something you added to the Treo and not our responsibility." I also don't think that's true. I agree with those who've said it probably does affect all 700P's with the MR, but most people have no idea it's happening because they haven't upgraded or because of the way they use the data network on the phone.
    I KNOW for a FACT it does not have anything to do with the software users install, because I showed the staff at a VZW store that their own DISPLAY MODEL that they had recently upgraded to MR 1.10 but of course had added no other software to did it. CONSISTENTLY.

This is the same pattern Palm had with the first MR issue.

"There is no problem."
    "We are aware of an isolated problem with some Treos. User error."
    "We are investigating reports of widespread problems."
    "We are aware of widespread problem."
    "Update delayed."
    "Update delayed."
    "Update delayed."
    "Here's your update."
    "Oops. Sorry. We screwed up your phone even more."
    "There is no problem..."

Rinse. Repeat.
    The rep I talked to admitted to the problem. However, he pretty much summed it up in PRPRPR $terms$, &$quot$;$Solution$ $is$ $to$ $get$ $you$ $a$ $new$ $700P$. $However$, $there$ $are$ $none$ $available$ $and$ $you$'$re$ $already$ $3rd$ $on$ $my$ $personal$ $list$ $to$ $find$ $one$.&$quot$;

Anyways, **** it allllll, I just bought a 700WX. Sick of this bull****.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyon80 View Post

Cool, at least they are admitting there is a problem... Apparently it takes a long time for news to spread around the cubicles at Verizon Wireless.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    The rep I talked to admitted to the problem. However, he pretty much summed it up in PRPRPR $terms$, &$quot$;$Solution$ $is$ $to$ $get$ $you$ $a$ $new$ $700P$. $However$, $there$ $are$ $none$ $available$ $and$ $you$'$re$ $already$ $3rd$ $on$ $my$ $personal$ $list$ $to$ $find$ $one$.&$quot$;

Anyways, **** it allllll, I just bought a 700WX. Sick of this bull****.
    Couldn't have said it better. I'm sick of this bull**** too. It's ****ed up.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    The "it does not affect all Treo 700p's" sounds like a set-up for "it is something you added to the Treo and not our responsibility."
    Sounds like something they would do, but in my case my Network problems were also documented with a factory-fresh replacement unit Verizon sent me with nothing installed.

By the way, have all you guys called up Verizon and asked for a refund or credit for your data services??
    Just got back from Verizon store. Had 3 phones that had the error 3000 problem, and called this morning asking for another (4th) replacement. They offered a new (not refurbished) phone, and I picked it up at the store here in Tampa. LUCKY ME...it has 1.06 on it. Was pleasantly surprised. I WILL NOT upgrade to 1.10 until they come out with a new patch. For now I am back to normal old 700P which was pretty darn good prior to the MR. Tech at the store had not heard of the problem, either had the person on the phone.
  12.    #32  
    I have yet to try to get a replacement phone and I see that a lot of people here have been getting them. Can anyone tell me who I need to call and what I need to say to "fast track" getting to the point where they agree to send me a new phone? Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I have yet to try to get a replacement phone and I see that a lot of people here have been getting them. Can anyone tell me who I need to call and what I need to say to "fast track" getting to the point where they agree to send me a new phone? Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
    For Verizon, 1-800-922-0204. After cell number input, Opt 3, then Opt 1, then Opt 5 to get you to Data Tech Support. 30 minutes of testing later will probably get you a replacement, but don't waste your time, IMHO. The replacements don't work any better than the originals.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I tried in vain at every local store + several different calls to Verzon CS. The general concensus seems to be that they have NO refurb's available to send out (my 1.10 700p refurb I got 11 days ago is acting flakier and flakier the longer I have it). Yet they also play dumb on the 755p's status and just kept trying to convince me to accept a 700wx or 700w as a "comparable replacement"

I politely but firmly said I would not go to a lower resolution LCD nor was I ready just yet to give up a decade + with POS and the tons of purchaed POS software I have on my 700p. They promised to call me back today with an update on where I was on the 700p "waiting list" but so far nothing.

Color me very, very disappointed ih both VZW & Palm. Reasons such as THIS are why I detest the wireless carriers, contracts, and the games they play with you. If this was back in the old PDA days I'd just go out and buy a new handheld, fleabay the old one and not miss a beat.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    It seems like the Verizon 755p is very close:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartphones/-281979.php
    I never had to get past the first level of questioning. Just said my phone won't work correctly since the MR- error 3000 (and with the next 2 they sent me). Told them I did the hard reset already, and then I received the refurbished phone two days later. After phone 3 they allowed me to get a new phone at the Verizon store in Tampa (not just any store, I guess it is a store that is allowed to give out new and refurbished phones as replacements, only 2 in Tampa).

I have a business contract with the full data plan, and phone is less then 1 year old. Not sure if these are the reasons they have treated me so kindly. Also have a separate family account, and Verizon everything (Fios TV and Internet, and house service). Maybe that's the reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    It seems like the Verizon 755p is very close:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartphones/-281979.php
    I've had the 600P, 650P and now the 700P and I've been a loyal Palm user since the original U.S. Robotics Palm Pilot 1000. This may be where I get off the train. The MR fiasco with the 700P, added to the fact that the 755 will require new accessories, has me doubting the wisdom of another upgrade in the Palm family.
  18.    #38  
    I've had the 600P, 650P and now the 700P and I've been a loyal Palm user since the original U.S. Robotics Palm Pilot 1000. This may be where I get off the train. The MR fiasco with the 700P, added to the fact that the 755 will require new accessories, has me doubting the wisdom of another upgrade in the Palm family.
    Wait a sec - is that true that the 755p requires different accessories? Like what accessories? Charger(car or wall)/HotSync cable/battery?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I hear you, but I LOVE certain Palm OS 3rd party apps. I'm sticking it out until the new OS debuts, or until the iPhone comes to Verizon with 3g and some great 3rd party apps including an IM app. And I fully expect to get the 755p for free in exchange for what Verizon did to my 700p with the MR, and even if it has similar problems as the 700p it shouldn't be worse....
    I just got off the phone with a verizon tech who called me at home at 10:20 PM eastern. He says that this is a KNOWN problem with the 1.10 firmeare and that Palm is working on a fix right now. He talked me through a "workaround" that did not work. It was the same workaround (actually just steps 5-12) that TJSundevil posted on Monday:

Link: http://tinyurl.com/2r573e

Once again, it did not work. The tech then told me that he had nothing further for me and gave up. I did not belabor the failure; it is 10:30 PM and I've had a few beers (my birthday). What a disaster. Palm has completely screwed the pooch on this one. We are high and dry. My fourth Treo 700p in two weeks is useless, except for the phone.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast