Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I have a slightly similar experience. It is not huge, but I (think I) notice a small but meaningful difference. I was getting 14-16 hours, and I seem to be getting 17-18. Not much in any one time period, but over the whole day, it lasted to 2AM the other day when it usually would have died sometime around midnight.

Not really satisfying in terms of giving the user the reassurance of a solid margin (which the 2400 always gave), but I guess the situation is basically "any little bit helps." Just not quite enough, in my book.
    I was not referring to the time but the weight of the battery.

If the 680 had come with the 1600 originally I would not have really noticed a difference from what I was getting out of my 650. I actually sold my 2400 battery because I am making it through just about everyday now even with bluetooth on.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I was not referring to the time but the weight of the battery.

If the 680 had come with the 1600 originally I would not have really noticed a difference from what I was getting out of my 650. I actually sold my 2400 battery because I am making it through just about everyday now even with bluetooth on.
    I dont make it thru the day with my oem battery. I always have to charge either in the car, at work or worst, thru my notebook's usb. At 6:30 am later today, I'll be able to experience longer battery life. : ) Instructions said 8 hrs, why are you guys charging 12?
    Definitely makes for a huge improvement on the 680. I agree with the person who said that in terms of battery life, it's like having my old 650 back again.

As far as weight, yep it's slightly heavier, but hardly noticeable. And not having to add any bulk is way more important (in my opinion)!
    Im satisfied. : ) This should have been the oem battery. I lasted one day of heavy use without a recharge. By bed time, I still had 16%.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Does this battery need to be calibrated with the 680 meter, in past threads there was always mention of how off/inaccurate the 680 meter is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Does this battery need to be calibrated with the 680 meter, in past threads there was always mention of how off/inaccurate the 680 meter is?
    I calibrated my 1600 mAh battery by letting it run down a few times and then charging it overnight. This also conditions it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    A quick question, I already have the 3.6v 2400mAh High Capacity Battery for the tTreo 700, I bought it for, and used it in my dearly departed (tile floor) 650.

As an experiment, I just took the back off my new 680, and lo and behold, it fits, the Treo powers up, huzzah.

Now, I am assuming that this is actually the same battery that comes with the 2400mAh kit, My battery is Seidio, Can I just order the extended back and continue to get my investment out of the battery I have?

Seidio, what do you think?

ART
    It is not the same battery. If you run it long enough you will find it will shut the phone down long before it reaches 0%. You can pull the battery and it will boot up again and do the same thing a little while later. Just as another aside the 2400 for the 680 will powerup and then instantly shutdown.

I think for this reason you can only get with the 2400 battery.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have been using my new battery for a little over a week now and I needed to run the battery completely down a few times before I started to notice a difference. I leave bluetooth on all day and use my treo for phone, data and music frequently. With the original battery I needed to charge half hour to work, half hour home from work and still rarely made it to the end of the night without a cradle charge. The first few days with the new battery I did not notice much difference but now like a light switch I have been getting a solid 30% or more gain. I have not charged all day today and still have 50% at 9:00pm. That is excellent for my 680. I also noticed that my cingular name finally changed to att at the top and I did not do an upgrade. Not sure if that has anything to do with my extended battery life or just a coincidence. In any case my 680 is now close to what my 650 was in terms of battery, and that is a major upgrade for me.
    OK, I broke down and ordered the Seidio 2400 for the 680, with the cover. I am currently making it 1/2 way through my day and hitting the RED. I have to plug in. I am not in a normal situation, I am in a low coverage area, so more juice gets used trying to maintain signal.
    I was reasonably impressed with it. It's still not as good a performance as the Treo 650 battery, but it's definitely a big step up from the stock 680 battery:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...attery-review/

Has anyone else noticed how damn tight a fit it is?
    Got my new 2400 today, with charger. I will conduct some of my own testing to see if the old 2400 will work, if so, I should have about 4 days to a week of non charge available.

1 - 1200 original 680 battery
    1 - 2400 Seidio 680 battery
    1 - 1800 original 650 battery
    1 - 2400 Seidio 700 battery

if all works, I would have 7800 available, and have to switch batterys every day or so.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how damn tight a fit it is?
    I got one for myself. It is awful expense but I love it and it is ultimately worth it.

And, oh yeah, the fit is KUNG FU GRIP tight. Getting the battery cover off is work. Fortunately, after a diligent quest I have eliminated the software that was causing my 680 to be unstable and I hardly ever need to remove the cover to reset it these days.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Been using mine for 2 days now... It's like having my 650 back again. Nice mod.
    Hi,

I noticed that when battery indicator drops below 50% my Treo 680 (GSM unlocked) start to behave strangely. Calls are dropped, signal sometimes is lost, etc

This has happened twice since I bought it (a month ago), but in general I don't let the battery drop down below 50% that is why I have only noticed that twice...

is there something wrong?
    Last edited by xpan; 10/19/2007 at 06:55 AM.
    It really can't be the battery and must be coincidence. It is possible at extremely low levels the radio may fail, but not what you're talking about. Unless your battery meter is totally off and it doesn't sound like that is the problem either.
    My battery completely died two weeks ago, after only 2 months of use. It would no longer hold a charge and would report 99% if connected to a power source but would die as soon as I disconnected it. Still waiting for a replacement,.......................SEIDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    My battery completely died two weeks ago, after only 2 months of use. It would no longer hold a charge and would report 99% if connected to a power source but would die as soon as I disconnected it. Still waiting for a replacement,.......................SEIDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Email your information to forum@seidio.com and I'll check into it for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    It really can't be the battery and must be coincidence. It is possible at extremely low levels the radio may fail, but not what you're talking about. Unless your battery meter is totally off and it doesn't sound like that is the problem either.
    Unfortunately first charge was not successful. I couldn't let the battery fully charge for 12 hours because at 7 am (been connected since 11pm) Resco Backup started.

Now I have ordered an extra battery charger. How can I make the best charging? should I just fully drain the battery and place it in the battery charger for 12 hours? How can I make the best use of it?
    I rcvd my replacement on Monday, 10/22. Hopefully it will last longer than the first one.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast