Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I don't think I could ever get 3 days with Chatter pulling mail most of the day, but it definitely stops me from being nervous about my phone usage through the day. It gives me more peace of mind That is a huge deal really.
    I think with Chatter you're never going to get more than 19-20 hours, but that is usually a full day, which is a world of difference from what the OEM battery was giving us.
    Thanks to everyone for all the info. I am going to break down and order mine now since I never make a full day with my 680 unless I charge during the day. I know everyone has said this but it is the biggest problem I have with this model since switching from a 650 a while back.
    Thanks to you guys. I just ordered 1 each for me and my wife. Hopefully it can last me a day's worth of mobile work (Calls, emails and sms). A side effect of this purchase is getting 2 extra oem spares ; )
    Last edited by MFB; 08/13/2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Received a new Seidio 1600mHa OEM sized battery this week. I now have a cradle charger so followed the instructions and charged the battery for a full 12 hours before loading it into my T680.

WOW! The 680 is now performing like my old 600 in terms of battery life. The difference is incredible.

Having struggled for 8 months with the battery life using the standard T680 battery, performing the various recommended reset, it seems that the out-of-the-box T680 fails in 2 ways:

1. The original battery is simply too small in capacity
    2. The fact that you need to charge it for a full 8 hours before using it is actually a challenge to complete given that you have to charge it in the phone and resisting the temptation to use the new phone in this period is very difficult.

Consequently, most attempts to correctly charge and condition a new Treo's battery will likely fail to achieve best results. Charging the new battery in a cradle for the prescribed duration is a far better option for optimizing battery life.

Suggestion to new T680 owners - if possible conduct your first battery charge using a cradle charger and don't put the battery anywhere near your phone for a good 12 hours... yeah, I know, ya just wanna play with it... well resist it coz you'll benefit in the long run.
    I just waited until I was ready to go to bed and put my new battery in then so it would charge while I was asleep. That seemed good enough for me.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have read some comments that this battery adds considerable weight to the 680. Those of you that have had it for a little while now care to comment on this?

Thanks.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post
    I have read some comments that this battery adds considerable weight to the 680. Those of you that have had it for a little while now care to comment on this?

Thanks.
    What's "considerable"? Yes, it weights more - it feels like my old 650. Maybe for you, a lite weight phone is more important. I can deal with a little more weight just so that I can have more battery life on my phone - which I'm getting. So nice to be able to make it through the day without a charge in the middle of the day.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I only noticed a weight difference for about 2 minutes right after switching over. It really isn't an issue IMO.
    The battery is exactly the same size as the stock one--almost tiny. The difference is ounces. You can detect it, but if it tires you out, your problem is medical, not convergical.

Of course, it does get extremely weighty if you load it up with very large programs. But what would you expect.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    The battery is exactly the same size as the stock one--almost tiny. The difference is ounces. You can detect it, but if it tires you out, your problem is medical, not convergical.

Of course, it does get extremely weighty if you load it up with very large programs. But what would you expect.
    "convergical"? I'm pretty sure it is a sign you are traveling too far for a joke when you have to start making up words.

As to my query, just one factor. I like to have all the deets if possible before let go of my hard earned dollars. If someone reply that it was noticeable and somehow effected usage then I would be concerned. That the additional weight is there but not significant is nice to know as well.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    That was no joke.
    To me I did not really notice any difference. Not like with the 2400, you could tell. It may be more but slightly.

Just another point of view.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    To me I did not really notice any difference. Not like with the 2400, you could tell. It may be more but slightly.

It definitely wasn't huge, but enough to make it feel 'not broken'.
    At the sad prospect that there might not be a reason for my 680 to NOT make it a year, I went for the battery. Got 8hrs straight before the first low battery warning on the inital charge (PTunes the whole time, Exchange ActiveSync on push, and a few other POP accounts checked); running this same scenario today and hoping for a about 30minutes more before the low battery warning. I'm already impressed though, my OEM battery only made it to about 5hrs before giving the low battery warning.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post

I have a slightly similar experience. It is not huge, but I (think I) notice a small but meaningful difference. I was getting 14-16 hours, and I seem to be getting 17-18. Not much in any one time period, but over the whole day, it lasted to 2AM the other day when it usually would have died sometime around midnight.

Not really satisfying in terms of giving the user the reassurance of a solid margin (which the 2400 always gave), but I guess the situation is basically "any little bit helps." Just not quite enough, in my book.
    Interesting. Maybe I just had a bad OEM battery. With half the hard usage as yesterday, I am at 40% an hour past the time when I got the low battery usage yesterday. For as hard as I use my Treo (Exchange, SMS, and voice), this is a heck of an improvement. I could see getting two days out of my Treo now if not connected to Exchange, which is excellent for me.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I'm definitely doing much better with the new battery vs the OEM. I wouldn't go back, no way.
    Hi,

Will the old 650 Palm cradle work with the seido 1600mah?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yep, definitely.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast