Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    The weight was kind of a joke. Unless you load it up with apps and data. Obviously, the more you put in your Treo, the more it will weigh.

You've been reading Dilbert again....
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just got the delivery notification, I'll get the battery this evening. Any tips for getting the most out of the new battery?
    Got my battery a few hours ago & charged it up. It is a somewhat tight fit into the same slot as the OEM battery, but it does fit. So far - it seems to drain slower than the 1200 battery. Will see how it goes tomorrow.
    Mine fits with no problem at all.
    Please update us as you test over the next several days. I have two 680's in the house, so am interested in this new battery.

I recently bought the Seidio 2400 mAh battery for my Crimson. I don't like the hump on the back, but it's not huge. The main thing I'm not enjoying is the lack of e-Grips. I love them (makes the 680 "stick" to your hand"), but they're sold out right now so I haven't been able to buy a new set to cover the new fat battery door.

What I do love about the 2400 mAh battery is the awesome battery life...it's the battery life that should have come with the 680 out of the box, but of course with the normal sleek size.

I had already purchased a spare 1200 mAh OEM battery the same time I got my Crimson in November. So right now we have 4 batteries in the house: 3 of the 1200 OEM's and one 2400 Seidio. I'm reluctant to spend more money on the 1600's until I see some awesome feedback about them. Or maybe I'll wait 'til someone squeezes 1800 mAh into the OEM form factor.
    Second cycle I am almost to 19 hours with 4% remaining. 14 hours the first cycle. That is with Chatter running, BT enabled
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 08/04/2007 at 11:58 AM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Mine is going like gangbusters right now too. I have three OEMs, 2 1300s, and now this 1600. The first time out of the box with the 1600 was typically poor, I suspect because it didn't really charge up, but the second time after fully exhausting it, it's hanging in there.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just ran it down from its first full charge and it did better than my stock battery did, so I'm hopefull. Now it sure will be nice to have a bit more juice each day, as well as having a backup handy just in case.
    21.5 hrs after the first complete rundown, with Chatter push for 19 of those, about an hour of TomTom BT, and a few phone calls. Definitely 30% more, at least, than OEM.
    Finding it hard to resist hitting the "buy" button. The force is strong with this one. Trying to wait a few more days.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Just got 19.5 hours with Chatter running the whole time, BT off third time through.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Can we get some more feedback on how this new battery is performing?
    Still working great for me. I am getting through whole days most of the time. Today off the charger at 8:00 am, Chatter on all day, 90 minutes or so on the phone at 4:00pm still at 50%, no BT today. I have found charging the battery in a charger (Cradle or the new little one) seems to result in longer charges.

I seem to be getting about 30% better. It's hard to be sure or accurate because real time use is so variable. But I have gotten 19-21 hours when I would have had about 16 at best. I have also got only about 12-14 hours, but that was using BT with stereo headphones several hours during the day as well as Chatter push which I always have on. The BT and stereo headphones seem to be a big power loss, so I feel, but don't know, that all this fits in my 30% approximation. But it is an approximation. and anecdotal.
    With Chatter on all day, and under one hour of actual phone usage, but lots of web surfing, what used to be empty around 5:00 or 6:00 PM now lasts until 11:00 PM or so. A huge improvement, in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Got my battery a few hours ago & charged it up. It is a somewhat tight fit into the same slot as the OEM battery, but it does fit. So far - it seems to drain slower than the 1200 battery. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Just got mine and charging it. And mine is also a tight fight; needed more effort to put the cover back on.

I'll report later as to how this battery holds up for me. BTW, instruction says to charged the battery for 8 hours before inserting into our phone...interesting since I don't have battery charger. So I'm charging from the phone.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Just got mine and charging it. And mine is also a tight fight; needed more effort to put the cover back on.

I'll report later as to how this battery holds up for me. BTW, instruction says to charged the battery for 8 hours before inserting into our phone...interesting since I don't have battery charger. So I'm charging from the phone.
    That's actually fine. Some of the instructions came in wrong from our printer. Feel free to charge the battery in your phone.

Thanks
    Ordered my battery last night. I also bought the Seidio Jr cradle and AC charger.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Ordered my battery last night. I also bought the Seidio Jr cradle and AC charger.
    I see you broke down.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    with moderate use, this battery lasts me 3 full days.. definately an improvement over the OEM
    -tgwaste
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast