1.    #1  
    I have a MacBook Pro 17" running OSX 10.4.10 and Missing Sync for Palm version 6.

I can sync my 755p via Bluetooth or cable just fine.

I cannot, however, get my 755p to work as a modem for me. Is there some trick I need to do? I am on Sprint with the full data plan and have tethered using my old Samsung IP-830w Windows Mobile 5 phone, so I know it is possible.

If I look in the Network Port Configurations, the Palm is not listed. Bluetooth and Bluetooth PDA sync are listed along with Ethernet and Airport, but no Palm. Can I force OSX to re-find the modem?
    Has anyone got this to work?

Thank you!
    ditto - looking for the same information... please share if anyone has this info.

alf
  3.    #3  
    See:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(42765)

Official word from Palm for tethering is that Mac needs to use Bluetooth only and that link above is how.

I followed the steps, and the two are talking for sure. When I click the "Connect" button, the phone responds with "Contacting PPP Server..." and a small PC icon appears with the Bluetooth icon on the phone to indicate it is going into modem mode. After a minute, the Mac reports, "Disconnecting" and then, "A modem error occurred. Please verify your settings and try again."
  5.    #5  
    Oops, thanks alpinadvl...