1.    #1  
    Many 700p owners have unresolved and/or new issues to deal with after the ROM update. Is it going to take another "letter" to get it done? Or is Palm already working on it?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I agree...............

Since my Sprint 700p is still working great post MR, I think it's high time I tell Palm about the GAS I get when I eat roasted chicken and black eyed peas......yup....*belch*

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I agree...............

Since my Sprint 700p is still working great post MR, I think it's high time I tell Palm about the GAS I get when I eat roasted chicken and black eyed peas......yup....*belch*

I think its just the peas..!

Palm has moved on to bigger and better things, so no open letter will do anything to fix a platform that will be obsolete soon! Let them keep their engineers working on the Linux Treo (step away from the Foleo...Please! No one cares anyways!) so we can have it sooner than later!
  4.    #4  
    Sarcasm is not going to get the issues addressed. So...here is a listing of the things that many have verified as not fixed or are new problems since the 700p firmware update:

- Low signal areas (also pre-MR): Treo freezes for as long as 10-15 seconds as it tries to hold on to the network or switch to a different network. This irritates the heck out of users in a building where there is a weak signal.

- Call waiting bug (also pre-MR): A second call comes in and you do nothing (do not answer it and do not press the ignore button). The next incoming call comes in and you will hear it beep, but no indicator will show on screen. You ignore that call as well (as if you could have answered it anyway?)...Then you hang up with the original caller. Initially, it appears to have hung up but the counter keeps on counting. Repeated pressings of the red button do nothing. Hard keys do nothing. Nothing does anything. But the counter carries on. Bluetooth connection stays active.

- Network disconnections (Verizon only?)

- (Post-MR only) All black pixels get fuzzy from time to time (a.k.a. Fuzzy Text, Orange Fringe, Brown/sparkly shadows around text, etc.) - Apparently this only occurs on some Treos after the MR. Any black pixel will get "fuzzy" from time to time. Especially noticeable on black text against a white background.

- Slow access to the Internal PALM database (also PRE-MR). Programs that make frequent use of this database feature run doggedly slow on the 700 (and apparently the 750, too).

- Although much improved, users are still experiencing occasional skipping and other glitches when playing music, especially when the screen powers on and off.

- Some Bluetooth headset issues not resolved. Symptoms include (but not limited to):
    - No improvement at all with some Treos/headsets
    - (Post-MR only) the "NO SIGNAL" waring beep in the headset will sometimes continue even after service is re-established. This does not happen every time. Workaround is to turn BT off and back on.
    - After some period of time, pressing the headset button won't hang up the call
    - Other sporadic issues (feel free to mention yours below).

Although I have tried to be thorough, I know I have missed some things here. Please list only the problems that have been verified by others, as we all know that some issues are software conflict-related.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    So...here is a listing of the things that many have verified as not fixed or are new problems since the 700p firmware update:
    Please do not forget the stupid DTMF sound no even when the phone is switched to silent mode!
  6. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Please do not forget the stupid DTMF sound no even when the phone is switched to silent mode!
    Thank you! I am pleased to see many 700p users getting on Palm/Verizon/Sprint's case about major issues like the network connection problems, but I am afraid the DTMF issue may get lost in the background, and if Palm ever does decide to put out another fix, they may not pay any attention to it.

IMO, while not as serious as having no data connection, it is a major flaw, mainly because 1) I can't turn on system sounds because it makes the issue much worse, and 2) the tone can actually trigger undesired effects on a phone call, the equivalent of pressing the * key.

I also believe that since it took them over a year to fix their brand new top-of-the-line phone, they won't go to the trouble of fixing it now that it will be completely discontinued probably within a few weeks.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    time to sue!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I think it's time to:

- start complaining loudly.
    - Begin to post about class action lawsuits.
    - Have someone expand upon this, based upon their law degree (although they are currently non-practicing).
    - Mutate this discussion from "class action" to a series of frenzied group-think postings re: beginning a bunch of small claims suits against Palm (aka: the "nibble them to death" approach).
    - Lather / rinse / repeat indefinitely, with no discernible action ever taken. (**see Treo 650 / pre-MR discussions).

The above post is made with tongue firmly in cheek - if offended, check blood pressure and priorities.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Oh, yeah...I forgot about that one b/c I have always set my system sound level to 0.

Here's another one I forgot:

- With mute switch on, an audible "beep beep boop" sound when losing coverage and "boop boop beep" sound when going back into coverage. If you're lucky enough to be wearing headphones, you'll even hear the higher pitched (near deafening) squeal before the former.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    time to sue!
    Oye! Sounds as if nothing is working for you.

That is also the sound when the network has dropped out.
    Matty
    As the old saying goes. I'm voting with my wallet. Last two days was the most atrocious issues with my Treo. I Most likely am gonna get a replacement from VZW and sell that off. I wont lose calls because im forwarding this to my work phone.

What else can you do or say... Any ideas?
    petiononline.com?
    Bug their local BBB people?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Also, the fact that the already low ringer volume was reduced further post-MR.

Maybe I can call this a "feature." At least if I forgot to turn off the ringer at the movies nobody can hear the phone ring, not even me.
  13.    #13  
    If you're in one of those theaters with a cell-jammer you might run into trouble with the audible No Service alarm

Mine dissconnects from my car kit every day! and Sprint won't do anything about it! /sarcasm