1.    #1  
    My 2 week old 755 has a new routine. In my home area, EVDO works fine, and calls can be received normally.

However, this week, I'm in an area with no EVDO, so data is transferred just like my trusty old 650. After checking email, or browsing the web, when I go back to the phone app., I have gray triangles above the signal strength display. Every 7 seconds, the gray triangles turn green, stay green for 3 seconds, then go back to gray. This loop continues until I turn the phone off, then on.

The problem, is that unless I reset the phone, all calls go directly to voicemail. I was on the phone for 2 hours today with Sprint tech support to try and fix the problem. They reprovisioned data, changed hash codes, and finally did a hard reset. No dice. The Sprint tech support guy finally said to go to a Sprint store, and have the 755 replaced. He said that this was the first time he had heard of this problem.....Anyone else?
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Now I don't know too much about the new 'push' email but I was just wondering if you have yours set to automatically search for email every few minutes. If so, maybe that's why it's searching. Just a thought.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Now I don't know too much about the new 'push' email but I was just wondering if you have yours set to automatically search for email every few minutes. If so, maybe that's why it's searching. Just a thought.
    No, set to manually fetch e-mail. This even happens if I launch Blazer, then quit. It's also killing the battery...
    I've seen this on occasion - I understood EVDO's supposed to put data "on hold" and prioritize the voice network when necessary. I chalk up the occasional "misses" to the PalmOS Treo's inability to properly multitask, but maybe there's more to it. Seems this happened on the 700p (also EVDO) at times too.

There's a battery drain thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...43#post1314143 (where coffeeman referenced this thread). It seems there are a variety of battery drain issues occurring on the 755 - whether on, off or plugged in, the units have been documented to rapidly drain seemingly at random.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks,

I exchanged the 755 for a new one yesterday. The replacement 755 does not exhibit the same data/battery problem, so the first one must have been defective.