1.    #1  
    We are currently using Good (GoodLINK) for our enterprise wireless sync solution (email,contacts,calander). We are looking for a cheaper solution that could provide the same functionality that we need for our travelling users. While Good has some nefty options; it is quite expensive to maintain it. We would like to have push technology available; but the key importance is that the solution supports all of the PDA functionality of Exchange. We are currently using Exchange 2000. Our devices range from Treo 650P to the new Treo 755P. Thanks for any advice.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfayre View Post
    We are currently using Good (GoodLINK) for our enterprise wireless sync solution (email,contacts,calander). We are looking for a cheaper solution that could provide the same functionality that we need for our travelling users. While Good has some nefty options; it is quite expensive to maintain it. We would like to have push technology available; but the key importance is that the solution supports all of the PDA functionality of Exchange. We are currently using Exchange 2000. Our devices range from Treo 650P to the new Treo 755P. Thanks for any advice.

Jeff
    I think newer versions of Exchange might do what you need; you should look at upgrading and the features it might add.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah. I have been working on getting the approval for Exchange 2007, but at the cost; it is a bit more difficult. However still cheaper then what Good will cost over a 2 year timeframe. Anything else out there that would work? I saw a program called Synchronica. Looks like a possbility.
    I don't know all the features of good. But current Versamail does E-mail, Calendar and Contacts. I believe you can buy an upgrade for under $15 for the newest version for your older Treo's. Chatter gives even more functionality with e-mails if you open up IMAP on your server.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  5.    #5  
    If I understood previous post and research, I have to have Exchange 2003 which as ActiveSync in order to push mail, contacts, and calendar information to the Treos. We currently have Exchange 2000. Is there a plugin for Exchange 2000 that I missed? I downloaded the demo of chatteremail but that only seems to pull/push emails (no contacts or calendar info).

There is an explugin file for Chatter, but I could not find anything about what it was used for and how it works.
    without going to at least Exch2003, SP2, your options are limited. The whole point of 2003, SP2 is to allow companies to get rid of middleware (such as Good) and run devices directly and SECURELY against their Exchange server.

Is is costly to just to 2003, from 2000? How about you give that a go, before going all the way up to 2007.....
    Maybe I am not familiar with Exchange 2000 vs. 2003. I have 2003 and it syncs using Versamail personal contacts and calendar over the air via PUSH. So I use that in conjunction with Chatter for push e-mail. Works well and more affordable than Good or a Blackberry. Though I can tell you if Chatter was not available on the Palm anymore, I would switch to a blackberry or WM5/6 device immediately.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I need step by step instruction on setting up my environment to allow me to sync 755p with Exchange 2003 server with SP2 and Sonicwall VPN device.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfayre View Post

Jeff
    You don't mention what Carrier you are using, but if you have a 755p I'm assuming Sprint.
    Verizon Wireless has a product called Wireless Sync which does everything that Good does and much more, at a much lower price. It is based on Nokia Intellisync software. For Verizon customers it's a one time fee of $1999 and it supports an unlimited number of Verizon devices- no ongoing license fees, unless you want to add some of their advanced products. you can also add non VZW devices for a fee.
    Check out www.wsync.com
    The have a promo right now, buy 10 advanced devices and get the server software for Free.