1.    #1  
    I have a problem with my 680 not being able to consistently connect to the internet (GPRS/EDGE).

Its an unlocked device and I am using it with Cingular/ATT. I was able to successfully set up my google mail account on versamail and sync my messages. I set up Versamail to automaticallly check for messages every hour. I think it connects the first few times, but somewhere along the way, it stops being able to log on to the network. Not just for email - I lose web connectivity as well.

Switching the phone part off and on again doesn't help. When I switch the PDA off (by taking the battery out) and switching on again, it re-establishes connection and is able to log onto the network again.

Is there a setting somewhere thts turning it off? Is there a firmware update to fix this?
    I had an "almost similar" problem, which I posted here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150347

but it seems like we are the only ones affected...
    Does it happen after a hard reset and no third party apps installed?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I have the same/similar problem and I'm using T-Mobile. I'm using the Microsoft Exchange e-mail push with Versamail. It works fine for a while and then the data connection breaks. The only way I can fix it it to reboot the phone. It seems to happen mostly when I'm at home where there is little to no coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Does it happen after a hard reset and no third party apps installed?
    I'd love to do a hard reset, but too lazy to reinstall the apps one by one; was wondering if anyone else had this problem and whether its related to any installed apps. As far as I know, I don't have hacks that has something to do with the GPRS/EDGE connection.

Quote Originally Posted by FourtyEightFan View Post
    I have the same/similar problem and I'm using T-Mobile. I'm using the Microsoft Exchange e-mail push with Versamail. It works fine for a while and then the data connection breaks. The only way I can fix it it to reboot the phone. It seems to happen mostly when I'm at home where there is little to no coverage.
    Mine happens anytime the phone feels like doing so! FYI, I work with a local telco and I'm always on full coverage; yet, the connection would just break and the phone goes into a slowed down mode as it tries to reconnect back to the network.
    Just got done dealing with this problem an hour ago....

This is my 2nd 680, they replace the first one when I had these problems on it, Cingular customer service said it was a malfunctioning unit, my new one does the exact same thing.

I get the "attaching gprs, please wait" message and everything that is web / data dependant goes completely dead, and the phone starts freaking out, and locking up.

In the past, a soft reset usually fixed it, but tonight it took a HARD reset to get it going again. It has been a problem on 2 phones of mine now. (both 680's)

The only thing that I have noticed being consistent with this problem, is every time it has happened, I have been on the same tower, the one near my home. I have never had any problems anywhere outside my home area. Does that sound like it could be possible? (I'm in North central IL, on Cingular / ATT service)

It's becoming real irritating, it always seems to happen right wen I need to send an urgent email, or make an important call.
    I had Mundu IM signed in and the @#$% phone froze for about an hour before I realise it. All thanks to this particular problem! Imagine how many IMPORTANT business calls that I would have missed?

Anyway, I did a hard reset, and tried a few apps that use GPRS/EDGE. Surprise surprise... SAME PROBLEM OCCURS, even on a FRESHLY reset device!!!

My only thought now is of the network provider which I'm using (and happen to work for!!!). Probably I'll have better luck on a different network?