1.    #1  
    What does everybody think about banding together and arranging a time to have all dial 611 and call Verizon and report the issue of the network issue? If they got 50+ calls all at once, don't you think they'd make the issue known to palm and that would help us get it to palm's attention? Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    That is a form of terrorism (ganging up on an innocent individual to 'get your point accross')
    Find more constructive ways to spend your time.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    That is a form of terrorism (ganging up on an innocent individual to 'get your point accross')
    Find more constructive ways to spend your time.
    I beg your pardon? I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why I think it's okay to have everyone call Verizon and or Palm to report the defects with their $600 phone because you obviously didn't take your medication today and I can't get mad at someone who is less than astute on the issue at hand. Go poke your nose in somewhere else. Leave this Treo cell phone forum alone.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    What does everybody think about banding together and arranging a time to have all dial 611 and call Verizon and report the issue of the network issue? If they got 50+ calls all at once, don't you think they'd make the issue known to palm and that would help us get it to palm's attention? Any thoughts?
    50 calls at once? That would get very little atttention (I had an analogy, but it seemed like too harsh of a response).

You would need tens of thousands of simultaneous calls, to Palm. But, Palm outsources their call centers and I can guarentee that with the hundreds of millions of subscribers that Verizon has, their system can handle it.

With big numbers, you will probably find yourself on hold for a while, or you will get a CS rep as usual.

Convincing people to write letters will probably be the best effort.

Also, I DO NOT recommend a sit in at Palm either, unless you are a share holder.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    perhaps a firebombing or spray can 'FIX THE MR' on their building woudl be appropriate as well.
    OK so a couple people disagree with vette's concept. However boorish responses like "Find more constructive ways to spend your time" are not constructive. Please respond like adults.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    50 calls at once? That would get very little atttention (I had an analogy, but it seemed like too harsh of a response).

You would need tens of thousands of simultaneous calls, to Palm. But, Palm outsources their call centers and I can guarentee that with the hundreds of millions of subscribers that Verizon has, their system can handle it.

With big numbers, you will probably find yourself on hold for a while, or you will get a CS rep as usual.

Convincing people to write letters will probably be the best effort.

Also, I DO NOT recommend a sit in at Palm either, unless you are a share holder.
    Yeah, that's a good point... I hadn't of thought of that... I guess that won't work after all...

I can't believe that palm just released an update to fix an audio issue for the Treo 750 about an hour ago!!!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    The term "terrorism" is used an awful lot now days. Terrorism is someone or a group of people who target innocents in order to produce political change.

"Revolution" is someone or a group of people who target the government (buildings or officials) in order to produce political change.

Palm is not a government, nor would people calling in mass be in order to produce political change, so it's not even close to "terrorism".

But I agree with previous posts that I doubt 50 people calling would even register as a blip on the Palm radar. If you are truly unhappy with service from Palm, vote with your wallet when it's time for you to get a new device.

If Palm "goes under", some of those really good engineers there that are being used to develope "new product visions (foleo)", could be picked up by other companies who might let them put their skills to better use.

Palm's current problems isn't an issue of the people there not being able or willing to fix the problems that exist, its managements "vision" for the company, and where they allocate their resources. (my $0.02 based on conversations with ex-Palm executives).
    Forensic Scientist