Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw this over at Engadget Mobile:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-in-the-flesh/

It looks like we'll see it on the VZW network before the month is over.
    Happy Dance....Happy Dance....
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Can you hear me now?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Did you notice the date on the device? 1/12/08. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams View Post
    Did you notice the date on the device? 1/12/08. What's up with that?
    Nooooooo.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Oh please tell me that date doesn't mean anything. I just can't wait that long.
    Perfect! Expensive data plans, and crippled bluetooth...what else could one ask for?
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    The reliable network and the fact that nearly everyone I know is on Verizon makes it terribly hard to leave. I do wish that the data was cheaper though. Perhaps they will have to offer a plan to compete with Sprint and ATT data eventually.
    If they haven't fixed the problems of the MR by the time this phone is available for purchase, I am going to do my best to make sure I get my 700p replaced with a 755p. I will fight to the death to get a working phone!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman View Post
    Perfect! Expensive data plans, and crippled bluetooth...what else could one ask for?

Bluetooth isn't crippled on the VZW Treo. Only their regular phones.
    My boss has a Pearl on T-Mob and the rest of the traveling crew pretty much sticks to Crackberries on ATT/Cingular (whom I abhor and will never use currently). Was out on the road with her and she just wailed on her phone everyday - email coming in every minute probably, a good hour's worth of texting and 1-2 hours of voice that day. My current Motorola Q (what a POS) had died flying out of BWI earlier - as in software fatality #2 and on phone replacement #3 so I was stuck using someone else's phone until VZW got a new one to me the next morning via FedEx. I was really impressed by the Pearl. Excellent battery life (Verizon sucks in my subdivision of Ellicott City, MD - phone will not make it one day currently), acceptable call quality and her emails were hitting as quickly as mine. The only positive I find in MS Mobile 5 is that the Exchange server gets emails to my phone before Outlook and the wireless synch does work well - assuming that the damned OS doesn't lock up when you need it the most traveling! Anyway - assuming Verizon gets their scheduled tower up in my neck of the woods then I'd like to stay with them but want a Pearl badly. I'm your typical traveling business dude. Could care less about multimedia (I've got a 5G iPod and a Canon camera that work great) but my phone has GOT to be utterly reliable (rules out MS operating systems) with killer battery life (rules out the Q again) and I need Outlook on the fly regardless of what airport I'm in. If we get the Komet/8120/whatever, then I'll seriously take a look at it over the upcoming VZW 755p. Loved my Treo 600 but the Pearl really has me drooling at this point.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Well I get my exchange stuff sent to my 650 with Versamail and EAS faster than it opens up in Outlook directly connected to my office network. I am quite pleased with Versamail. I also find the battery life with EAS to be outstanding. If I don't use the internet much I can go 3 days between charges and that's with a constant barrage of emails from 9-midnight. I have so much money invested in POS that I really would like to stay with it. My NE2 just came up from when I got a 650. Hopefully I can use it on the 755 in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams View Post
    Well I get my exchange stuff sent to my 650 with Versamail and EAS faster than it opens up in Outlook directly connected to my office network. I am quite pleased with Versamail. I also find the battery life with EAS to be outstanding. If I don't use the internet much I can go 3 days between charges and that's with a constant barrage of emails from 9-midnight. I have so much money invested in POS that I really would like to stay with it. My NE2 just came up from when I got a 650. Hopefully I can use it on the 755 in a few weeks.
    I am certainly not opposed to a VZW 755P. From what I'm currently seeing on boygeniusreport, etc. it might even appear by the end of this month. The BB Pearl2/Komet/8120 is still slated for Q3 of this year. As in my earlier post, I've got to wait for Q #3 to hurry up and die (given the software issues I had with 1 & 2, I have high confidence that this 2nd refurb sent to me will croak shortly). Verizon does maintain a "3 strikes" policy with equipment failures and told me that if a device dies that many times, they'll replace it with something else (700P or BB 8100 at the time I called them last week). I did love my original Treo 600 other than the lo-res screen, no wi-fi and no BT. As EVDO is up and running now, I can probably live w/o wi-fi (wish the Treo had EVDO Rev A) and it does support BT. The screen is definitely fixed now so all that addressing my of my previous Treo gripes. Yes, the OS is "mature" but it works and there is huge 3rd party app catalog available. Winblows(R) Mobile 5 just flat out sucks and I wouldn't waste money on trying to 'enhance' a turd such as that in the first place..................
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    What did BoyGeniusReport have to say? I couldn't find anything at all over there about the VZW 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    What did BoyGeniusReport have to say? I couldn't find anything at all over there about the VZW 755p.
    I did the same thing (looked at BoyGeniusReport) and am now wondering the same thing.
    That is why I just switched from VZ to sprint: for the 755p. I LOVE IT! (and sprint so far!) I was tired of waiting and waiting for their "testing." BS. My signal is as good or better almost everywhere with sprint. And better yet...the calls SOUND clearer than the often raspy VZ signal.

PS I do not work nor have anything to do with sprint. Just a gadget lover and sick of VZ constant BS delays. This is one nice phone!
    I will go back and check. I think I was talking about the Blackberry Komet for Q3. I thought they had the bit about the 755P too but obviously I read it somewhere else. Definitely don't want to pass out bad information.
    By those "leaked" photos, is it a correct assumption the the rumored VZW 755p will be blue and not the usual grey?
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Grey is still possible...we don't know yet. I'm hoping for grey...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    why do so many sprint people answer a VZW thread? I hate S%$t stirrers
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast