Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    NOW I am REALLY glad I switched to Sprint!! I love my 755p and do NOT miss VZ one bit! And I am saving money too!
    +1. With the SERO plan, I'm saving over $600/yr with Sprint
    listen, i am all about saving money, and I really want the 755, but i tried out sprint's service witht he phone and i couldn't believe how poor it was. i wasn;t looking for par with vzw, but just workable. The phone roamed so much, it was ridiculous. And as the sprint signal faded, and the roaming took over, heaven forbid, that happens while you are on a call, because its gonzo.

not to mention, buildings really do a number on the sprint signal. I expected it, but not to the degree i experienced. and in-store service was the worst. its a shame. att and vzw are on par as far as signal up here in new england, but sprint....horrible. the 755 is going to have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by poploser View Post
    the only reason I've stuck with Verizon at this point is because my "text buddies" are all Verizon.

This makes me sad because (1) I have text buddies and (2) I have cheap text buddies.
    With the SERO plan you get unlimited texting.

Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    listen, i am all about saving money, and I really want the 755, but i tried out sprint's service witht he phone and i couldn't believe how poor it was. i wasn;t looking for par with vzw, but just workable. The phone roamed so much, it was ridiculous. And as the sprint signal faded, and the roaming took over, heaven forbid, that happens while you are on a call, because its gonzo.

not to mention, buildings really do a number on the sprint signal. I expected it, but not to the degree i experienced. and in-store service was the worst. its a shame. att and vzw are on par as far as signal up here in new england, but sprint....horrible. the 755 is going to have to wait.
    I totally understand, but if Sprint is roaming on VZW and VZW has a great signal, why not force roaming when you need it? I force roaming while I'm home because the Sprint signal isn't strong enough. No problems. And if Sprint releases the Air Wave, I'll be golden at home.

I didn't want to like Sprint...I've been with VZW forever. But I'm really fed up. I know it won't work for everyone, but SERO is hard to walk away from.

I had posted this on HOFO...but I'm really beginning to wonder if Sprint had a 6 month exclusive on the Treo 755P. Phonescoop doesn't show it as even tentative on Verizon, and November makes it 6 months after Sprint released it.
    how do you force roaming?
    While in the phone application select menu, then Options, then Roaming Preferences. Within there the first item is Network Selection. Choices are Allow Roaming, Home Networks Only or Roaming Networks Only.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Wouldn't this put you at risk of getting your contract terminated though?

I mean I know this is a proven tactic to get out of a contract that you are binded to...

Sorry. This is my first post. I've been lurking on this page in hope of getting updates on the 755p for VZW. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed that they won't have it this month or next month like I had hoped... I will have to reconsider my options now...

/threadjack
    Last edited by poizun; 08/17/2007 at 12:11 PM.
    That's a good question (about being at risk roaming 100% of the time, or a majority of the time). I don't really know what to say because I've heard that if you roam more than 50% they can (and will) cancel you. I guess I'm kind of thinking that since I'm not a heavy, heavy user, my 500 or less minutes a month won't be enough for them to cancel me. Maybe I shouldn't be so optimistic, but the way I understand the cancellations that happened a couple of months ago, there were roughly 1,000. Out of tens of thousands (or more).

I'm also roaming more now because of where I live, but moving in less than 2 weeks and coverage there is better on Sprint. So in my case, while right now I'm over 50% roaming, that should change in the near future.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    With the SERO plan you get unlimited texting.
    Unfortunately, its my friends who are cheap and wont switch over to another network, or get a VZW plan that provides more out-of-network texts.

Bottom line, the worst part is Verizon's silence on this. Maybe you're right about Sprint having an exclusive.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    Actually, from what I heard from Palm the Verizon 755p will be dark green. I can only imagine they'll also offer another color (maybe the blue as a "standard" 755p color) since Sprint has burgundy and blue...
    Cobalt blue is the hot new color for the season....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234