Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Engadget Mobile has posted what is supposedly the August release pipeline for Verizon at
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...ne-in-the-wild

Boy what's the deal? Where's my 755?!!
    This makes it appear that VZW may have the 755p sooner than later! One can only hope . .

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...ease-imminent/
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Joe View Post
    This makes it appear that VZW may have the 755p sooner than later! One can only hope . .

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...ease-imminent/
    They appear to have just pulled the info from this thread and one over at howardforums. No new information, but the images certainly make it look like it can't be far out.

The image from engadget mobile....the more I look at it, I'm not sure what to believe. Part has been cut off, and there's nothing saying this is a Verizon document or anything.
    The emulator picture of the phone itself says Verizon. I believe it's legit...and I had a VZW employee contact me directly to say he was getting trained 2 days before he did get said training. The issue is, just because they are trained and dummy phones are in stock and an emulator has been set up, doesn't mean they will start selling it right now. I'm so sick of waiting. I'm on a Sprint 755P right now and so far no real complaints except that I do have to force roaming at home. I think I'm using VZWs network more than Sprints, which puts me at risk for being booted. It would relieve any anxiety if VZW would hurry up and sell this, but frankly I've about had it with the waiting. Add to that that I'll have to pay $15 more for less data and more restrictions...I can see why there are so many Sprint fans.

But this isn't about Sprint vs. VZW...so back to topic. I do think it's coming very soon. Before the 6800 and i760. That's just my own guess. Could be tomorrow...could be 2 weeks. Heck...it could still be September 4th. At this point VZW still hasn't even officially confirmed they are getting the darn thing.

ETA: Here's a thought...if Sprint had an exclusive, would 3-months be a "normal" exclusive time? That would make the release around August 14th and it would explain why Phonescoop doesn't even have VZW listed as tentative.
    last month i tested the 755p for a month. it was a decent phone. The 700p bugs seem to be worked out. Still the only issue that i noticed (in my small testing time) that wasnt resolved is the battery life when you install goodlink onto it.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    No new info anywhere, guys. I just pulled all of the various bits of info on the Verizon 755p for the PIC article (Engadget, HoFo, TC) and put it into a single, cohesive article for easy reference.

I am still thinking we'll see the 755p on Verizon in early to mid-September. I would not be surprised if they are waiting to get the Vista-compliant Palm Desktop in a more polished state so they can include it on the bundled CD or at the very least include a printed leaflet in the box w/ a URL and instructions for downloading the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    No, August. Its when the girl I deal with will be working that weekend.
    Well, it's the 5th...and no 755p...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    I know.. I was away this weekend and may stop by to see whats up.
    Just like the 6800 was supposed to be released in may, it wouldn's suprise me if this was delayed.
    http://i19.tinypic.com/4xm4igz.jpg

8/16/07!! Mark your calendars, guys!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Hey, Robin, where'd this come from??? I hope it's true, now we just need a price. I've seen the 755p for as cheap as 69.99 after rebates with Sprint(letstalk.com). I know it won't be that cheap, but I hope it's not like 399. It launched on Sprint at 279.

Also, this shows a 700p w/o camera phone launch on the 16th. That seems a bit odd since that's already available and has been for a long time.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks Robin. I wandered over there and found it. I spend too much time on these 2 threads.

Anyway, can we assume that everything below 8/16 is grouped together? It's kinda hard to say since the list isn't chronological.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I spend too much time on these 2 threads.
    You're not alone...

I have a folder of bookmarks called Verizon Treo 755p that I go through at least 5 times a day. These are the bookmarks in there:

1 - Verizon PDA Smartphones Page
    2 - Palm Treo 755p Product Page
    3 - PalmInfocenter
    4 - Engadget Mobile
    5 - HowardForums Verizon 755p thread
    6 - TreoCentral Good News: VZW 755p is Coming SOON thread
    7 - HowardForums Verizon board
    8 - TreoCentral 755p board

I'm on mytreo.net (spend most of my time there) under the same username and slightly different avatar pic (it's an animated GIF over there), but there doesn't seem to be many rumors being posted there. I'm mostly the one doing that... (The last time I was here on T|C was before I found mytreo.net... http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...leys/goofy.gif)

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    You're not alone...

I have a folder of bookmarks called Verizon Treo 755p that I go through at least 5 times a day. These are the bookmarks in there:

1 - Verizon PDA Smartphones Page
    2 - Palm Treo 755p Product Page
    3 - PalmInfocenter
    4 - Engadget Mobile
    5 - HowardForums Verizon 755p thread
    6 - TreoCentral Good News: VZW 755p is Coming SOON thread
    7 - HowardForums Verizon board
    8 - TreoCentral 755p board

I'm on mytreo.net (spend most of my time there) under the same username and slightly different avatar pic (it's an animated GIF over there), but there doesn't seem to be many rumors being posted there. I'm mostly the one doing that... (The last time I was here on T|C was before I found mytreo.net... http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...leys/goofy.gif)
    Yeah I keep an eye on most of those myself as well as browse to mytreo, 1src, brighthand and anywhere else I can think of occasionally.
    I still can't believe the 700 series is still over 200.00 and thats with rebates. I mean the BB's are priced less. I know the treo's can do more, but with their stability issues, one would think they would price a bit more competitively. If the 700p was 150, and the 755p was around 300.00, then I think they would fly off the shelves.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    November for the 755P??? Are they kidding? I've been holding onto my poor 650 for months waiting for the July 4th date, the August date, the September date. But now November? Might as well ask Santa for it for Christmas.
    NOW I am REALLY glad I switched to Sprint!! I love my 755p and do NOT miss VZ one bit! And I am saving money too!
    I picked up my 755 from Sprint yesterday. I've been a loyal verizon customer for almost 10 years, but this delay on the 755 was my last straw. Verizon is consistently months behind sprint in releasing new phones. Always with the excuse that they are in quality testing. When you throw on the cost savings on the plan, it makes little sense to remain loyal to Verizon. I add in the fact that I'm getting better reception on sprint's network and the stake is pretty much lodged in verizon's crappy-slow-to-release black heart.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the only reason I've stuck with Verizon at this point is because my "text buddies" are all Verizon.

This makes me sad because (1) I have text buddies and (2) I have cheap text buddies.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast