Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dangottreo View Post
    By those "leaked" photos, is it a correct assumption the the rumored VZW 755p will be blue and not the usual grey?
    Actually, from what I heard from Palm the Verizon 755p will be dark green. I can only imagine they'll also offer another color (maybe the blue as a "standard" 755p color) since Sprint has burgundy and blue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    Actually, from what I heard from Palm the Verizon 755p will be dark green. I can only imagine they'll also offer another color (maybe the blue as a "standard" 755p color) since Sprint has burgundy and blue...
    dark green

I hope not!
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    I hope so....something different for a change..
    I've been in touch with a VZW employee who has tried to get information for me on release dates and has not been able to. However, I just got a message from said employee that they are being trained on the 755P on THURSDAY. This is very encouraging. What I don't know is how long after training they usually release a phone, but I can't imagine more than 3 weeks.
    I am not eligible for new every two until december, but I may have to upgrade early.....or wait until verizon fixes any bugs.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I've been in touch with a VZW employee who has tried to get information for me on release dates and has not been able to. However, I just got a message from said employee that they are being trained on the 755P on THURSDAY. This is very encouraging. What I don't know is how long after training they usually release a phone, but I can't imagine more than 3 weeks.

This is good to hear. So does your contact know if they normally tell them the release date during training?
    I didn't ask but I really think 3 weeks or less. for what its worth no taining is even scheduled for 6800 or i760 that hofo is in an uproar about.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I didn't ask but I really think 3 weeks or less. for what its worth no taining is even scheduled for 6800 or i760 that hofo is in an uproar about.
    Sigh...I really don't want to wait 3 more weeks. How about training Thursday, launch Monday. Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I am not eligible for new every two until december, but I may have to upgrade early.....or wait until verizon fixes any bugs.
    I do know that with Verizon you can get the "new every two" deal over the phone a month early but you'll have to pay something like $10 shipping. I just went through this last month as my granddaughter wanted a krazr that was on sale for $49.99 after $50 rebate and she was a few weeks early for the end of her contract so she decided to wait until it was up so she could save the $10 shipping. When the contract was up, so was the sale, so it's now $99.99, or something like that.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Yeah, if you have a plan of 79.99 or higher, and have been in your contract longer than 12 months you can upgrade. You get 50.00 credit, which then 20.00 goes back to them for you upgrading earlier. Done it before. My 650 is a workhorse, so I guess it can't hurt to wait.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    There were some earlier rumors of a 9/4/07 release date. I just saw this.

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp...romoId=2674212

Notice that the deal is good up to 9/3/07. Could this be indirect confirmation of a 9/4 release of the 755p? I hope not.....it's too far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    There were some earlier rumors of a 9/4/07 release date. I just saw this.

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp...romoId=2674212

Notice that the deal is good up to 9/3/07. Could this be indirect confirmation of a 9/4 release of the 755p? I hope not.....it's too far away.
    I somewhat doubt it. Given peoples generally short memory, I can't imagine they trained on the 755p yesterday for a planned release in over a month. Just my thoughts though. You may be correct.
    So the rebate has to be sent in by 9/3... but they specifically tell you multiple times NOT to send in the UPC code from the box until the return period is over or you will not be able to return the phone...

What's the return time 15 or 30 days? Aren't they advertisizing "Try the Network for 30 days"? So you'd have to buy the 700P in the next few days or you'd be SOL?

Of course, after 9/3 they may have an even better deal to clear out their warehouses, you never know.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Anything new? Anything on the training last Thursday?
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Well, I broke a rib on vacation. It's a long story...

The person who works there that told me about the training said it just reminds him of a 680 (so I guess he either had or worked for Cingular at some point). He doesn't know when they are going to start selling it, though.

I'm sorry I don't know anything else.
    Just got back from verizon. All the advertising materials/ cards arrived but the units haven't yet. She said the managers are being hush hush about the official date. She did tell me that the env will go down to 79.95 with rebates on the 5th, and I am thinking that is when the 755p will get released. She said don't expect a big drop in price for the existing treos, because thee 755p is going to be up there. My guess is around 300.00+ with new every 2 discount.
    But the 5th is a Sunday... (Please don't tell me you meant 9/5...)

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    No, August. Its when the girl I deal with will be working that weekend. Sorry for the confusion. I hope its priced well. I am due in the end of fall for my new every two and am trying to hold out. I mean my 650 does everything I need/ want, but it just seems dated. If the 700p problems are gone, then I may hop on that if it ever goes down in price.
    I sure hope you're right...I'm ready to put my V3c back into storage...

Price isn't going to be an issue for me. I'll take it at $399.99 if I have to. I've been Treo-less for 4 weeks...

She mentioned they have the info sheets, etc. in, but didn't mention anything about training.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast