Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Engadget posted some pics of the 755p ....

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-in-the-flesh/
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    If you notice....The screen has the release date shown.

And, exactly why would someone who has been forced to suffer the problems with the MR on the 700P buy the 755? Isn't it just a ver 1.10 700P in a new package?
    i'm so moving to windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble View Post
    And, exactly why would someone who has been forced to suffer the problems with the MR on the 700P buy the 755? Isn't it just a ver 1.10 700P in a new package?
    I haven't had near the problems with my 755 as I did with my 700.... The only issues I have experienced are those of applications not yet compatible with the 755 and that is my fault for using them...

Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    If you notice....The screen has the release date shown.

That's pretty damn funny!
    my 755 has had the frozen network, twice in 5 days. Had the dreaded error 3000 today. not so sure about the 755 being an improvement.
    Matty
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    My big question is, does the 755p have the DTMF tone issue? I don't recall hearing people complaining about it.

I got a 700p because I couldn't wait any longer, but I am debating what I would do if the 755 came out within my 30 days. I actually like the 700, except for the two biggest issues: the data connection problems and the DTMF sounds. I also have been wondering if the 755 has the same bugs as the MR, since it supposedly has the same improvements.

If it turns out they're equal in all software respects, it seems the only pro to the 755 is the slightly smaller size, and hopefully cool colors. The cons are the need to buy a mini SD card (no biggie as my camera could use the old one), and the fact that the 755 has cheaper hardware with the app buttons joined together on a rocker instead of separate (ruining any games that use the buttons) and reportedly incomplete backlighting on the keys. It's not that I'm incapable of finding those buttons in the dark, but it certainly helps, and I just find it a little insulting of Palm to release a model with almost no improvements only to cut corners on existing features.

I'm happy enough to keep the 700p, except for the flaws with the MR, which I don't expect to ever be fixed. It took Palm over a year to correct problems that were present at launch, what motivation do they have to fix it now that it's about to be discontinued on all carriers? At least if I get a 755 with the same problems, there's a slight chance a fix will someday be available. I'm not sure what I'll do. I wonder if the problems with the MR would be justification to demand replacement with a 755p, assuming the same bugs don't exist. Have any Sprint users tried this approach?
    Just what people want, to jump right into another $600 POS from Palm that won't be supported and will be EOL in 1 year.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Why would you go to the 755p from the 700p? The 755 has a mini sd slot, no SDHC 8GB, and no reset button.
  11. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Why would you go to the 755p from the 700p? The 755 has a mini sd slot, no SDHC 8GB, and no reset button.
    As I said, the only compelling reason I can think of, aside from the slightly smaller form factor, is if the 755 does not have the software problems from the 700's MR, as I don't believe Palm will ever attempt to fix them for the 700. As of right now the whole thing is really a toss-up as to which is the lesser of two evils, in my mind.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Well, I spent some considerable time hands-on with a 1.06 700p (now upgraded to 1.10) and a 755p.

To the 755's credit it has the following advantages over the 700p:

1. Better call/voice quality. Internal antenna does not seem a huge detriment to signal strength.
    2. Loud/crisper speakerphone (minutely). And we know how this can vary from one Treo to another given's sterling quality control levels.
    3. Brighter/whiter LCD (see above).
    4. Faster and fewer bugs than even a 1.10 700p.
    5. No antenna and a much more pocketable formfactor
    6. Door to cover the SD slot.
    7. Overall better build quality. Rubberized paint is very nice indeed.
    8. Google Maps in ROM and newer ROM apps overall (a very minor detail). For Sprint, a better software bundle than the older 700p.

The 755p has against it (compared to a 1.10 700p):

1. No backlight for the d-pad and the spacebar. App buttons are not as brightly lit either.
    2. Lame 1-piece rocker-style hard buttons make gaming even more difficult.
    3. Slightly smaller screen.
    4. Slightly smaller keys.
    5. Reduced thickness makes it less comfortable for extended typing & text entry
    6. miniSD instead of fullsize. So right now a max of 4gb instead of 8gb on a patched 700p.
    7. 200mAh less standard battery capacity. CDMA needs all the juice it can get...
    8. Maximum possible battery capacity of 2400mAh with Seidio aftermarket batteries vs. the 3200mAh max on 700p.

So, basically, if I was a Treo 650 owner, I'd probably go with the 755p unless I was a mobile multimedia nut and needed 8gb of SDHC storage. But I see no reasons for current 700p users who have applied the 1.10 update to go with the 755p unless you can get it for free or very close to it.

I personally am fine with having to deal with the antenna if I can keep my
    8gb SDHC, existing 700p accessories, and my 3200mAh "Rumpshaker" battery.
    welp I barely even use my phone anymore. I've been forwarding all my calls to my work blackberry (which the bluetooth range on that is phenominal). Why on god's green earth would I want to pay to upgrade from one $H!++y device to another.

Sorry but enough is enough
    I was tired of waiting for VZ to release the 775p, so I switched to sprint to get it. I could not be happier. the signal is as strong or stronger almost everywhere I went from Pittsburgh to Philadlephia along the interstate.(so much for "the network"). The sound is MUCH clearer. The financial penalty for dropping VZ I will make up in less than a year by the data savings alone. I am just sick and tied of VZ "testing" BS. The sprint 755 works great....I have all the apps from my 700p on it and it is working great. Not one reset!

I used the VZ treo 700p and Sprint 755p side by side for two weeks. The sprint won the signal contest hands down. Even deep inside a hospital fire escape shaft.

PS. I am not affiliated with sprint....just like new gadgets that work! I sent my iphone back because ATT signal was horrible.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    not sure why we need the reset button as it seems to do it often enough on its own
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I was tired of waiting for VZ to release the 775p, so I switched to sprint to get it. I could not be happier. the signal is as strong or stronger almost everywhere I went from Pittsburgh to Philadlephia along the interstate.(so much for "the network"). The sound is MUCH clearer. The financial penalty for dropping VZ I will make up in less than a year by the data savings alone. I am just sick and tied of VZ "testing" BS. The sprint 755 works great....I have all the apps from my 700p on it and it is working great. Not one reset!

I used the VZ treo 700p and Sprint 755p side by side for two weeks. The sprint won the signal contest hands down. Even deep inside a hospital fire escape shaft.

PS. I am not affiliated with sprint....just like new gadgets that work! I sent my iphone back because ATT signal was horrible.
    ATT is horrible where I am at too.
    at&t iPhone3G