Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how to watch a movie or video clip on my Treo. I have Kinoma Producer and Player so I know how to watch it once I have it on my Treo. I can't figure out how to go from DVD to Treo.

Can anyone offer any advice?
    Rip the DVD and convert the movie to a smaller MPEG or avi. file. Move that file to your SDcard and play using whatever player you choose.
    I use TCPMP with various mpeg and avi plugins to play my movies. Also, there are tons of apps out there that rip DVDs. Just do a google search.

P.S. Get yourself a very large (and fast) SDcard...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Any suggestions as to which app to use to rip dvd?
    Quote Originally Posted by DadMan View Post
    Any suggestions as to which app to use to rip dvd?
    use a program like http://www.fairusewizard.com/ to convert it to divx, copy the divx to an SD card and watch it on any divx player for the treo such as my favorite, tcpmp.
    Try DVDFab platinum....it's got to be the best one out there. real easy to use.

26 day trial period.

Purchased PocketDVD...wished I hadn't...it's horrible.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Try DVDFab platinum....it's got to be the best one out there. real easy to use.

26 day trial period.

Purchased PocketDVD...wished I hadn't...it's horrible.

I kind of like PocketDVD. Never had a problem converting anything. Thought it was easy to configure. Oh well, to each their own.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Fairuse is free.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Can i rip a dvd if I own it or does the copy protection keep me from doing this?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DadMan View Post
    Can i rip a dvd if I own it or does the copy protection keep me from doing this?
    You are legally liable from profitting from any material on a copyrighted DVD. So as long as you don't profit from copying the DVD you can use it in any way you want.
    spb Mobile DVD is very easy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    You are legally liable from profitting from any material on a copyrighted DVD. So as long as you don't profit from copying the DVD you can use it in any way you want.
    I'm not a lawyer, but have dealt with copyright issues in the past:

Actually, you are legally liable just for copying the DVD even for personal use (non-profit, no "lending" to friends, etc.), UNLESS you actually OWN a real, legal copy of the original. The letter of the law allows copying for backup purposes only. However, copyright holders have come to accept the right of consumers to choose how (media/device) they use their protected products and are OK with that as long as the consumer paid for the original source.

By the way, I've used Pocket DVD for over a year now with no problems.
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
    There are easy freeware programs to use ..

To go from DVD to your computer use DVD Shrink - DVDShrink is freeware -
    here is 1 site you can download it from below - this program will not burn a DVD, it will only shrink it so you can get rid of subtitles and "extras" - you save that to your computer .... some movies are protected so you can not shrink them - usually Sony - but ive not run into one - - I found if you shrink it to 2000 ( give or take a couple 2100, 2200 will work not much over that though )

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-4128.html

To go from computer to .avi file is VEMODE - also freeware ... http://www.vemode.corecodec.org - there are settings to tell it you are converting your file for a specific phone, and it will size it correcly for your viewing pleasure as it converts it to .avi - You dont want to make the .avi file much less than 175MB .. ive got a couple at 150 and some spots are choppy ... of course bigger is a little better, as long as you have the space on your card to hold the file

you can shrink a dvd, and convert it in about 20 minutes or so ... i have tons of stuff i converted for my phone ( for/from my own personal use of owned moveis! lol )

then just move the .avi file to your phone ... myself i use tcpmp for watching i am sure Kinoma works too
    Last edited by pixielee; 07/19/2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added additional comments
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it