1.    #1  
    I just purchased a 755p less than a week ago after going thru too many 650s w/in the last two years. Well, I am already on the second 755p and am having trouble setting up my email accounts on the phone. I have Yahoo Plus and Gmail (use Yahoo primarily) and had both on my 650 w/ no problems.
    On my 755p, whenever I try to access my email it flashes very briefly (less than a second) and then goes back to the previous screen. It did it on the first one that I bought and does it on this one as well, even after resetting it. Any clues as to what the problem could be?
    Any help would be very appreciated since the folks at Sprint are totally useless.
    Thank You.
    You using versamail?
    Matty
  3.    #3  
    Yes I am.
    So when you press the email button on your phone, all you get is a flash, then it goes back to a screen you were on before? Have you managed to setup your accounts, or can't get past the flash?
    Matty
  5.    #5  
    Correct.
    I managed to set up my Yahoo account thru the Palm Desktop. However, on the phone all I can get is the flash.
    Delete the one on desktop, and install from phone. Also, have you done a hard reset, yet?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by efil4ynot View Post
    Correct.
    I managed to set up my Yahoo account thru the Palm Desktop. However, on the phone all I can get is the flash.

I always set up my accounts directly on the Treo. I have three acounts on my 755, EAS, Suddenlink, and Gmail. I don't have any problems.
    I would also suggest deleting the desktop email account and adding directly on the Treo. This was the only way it would work properly on both my 650 and the new 755.
  9.    #9  
    Yes I have done a hard reset.
    Uhhh, how do you delete the email account on the desktop? I can't figure it out for the life of me.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I always set up my accounts directly on the Treo. I have three acounts on my 755, EAS, Suddenlink, and Gmail. I don't have any problems.
    That's the problem I'm having. I can't even get to the point to set them up on my phone.
    That's the problem I'm having. I can't even get to the point to set them up on my phone.
    If you can't access Versamail right after a hard reset, before you do anything else, I would exchange the phone for a new one.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    If you can't access Versamail right after a hard reset, before you do anything else, I would exchange the phone for a new one.
    Ohhhhh. I see what you're saying. I'll try that.
  13.    #13  
    Ok, so I did a hard reset and set up my email from scratch on the phone and it allowed full access to my email. However, after hotsyncing w/ my PC it reverted back to one of my old email setups (which I cannot figure out how to delete). Also, under Versamail Accounts, the new one that I setup on the phone, doesn't show up. And actually, any new accounts that I set up don't show up under Versamail Accounts.
    So, it works if I set it up on my phone and don't hotsync but not my computer. What gives?
    Ok, so I did a hard reset and set up my email from scratch on the phone and it allowed full access to my email. However, after hotsyncing w/ my PC it reverted back to one of my old email setups (which I cannot figure out how to delete). Also, under Versamail Accounts, the new one that I setup on the phone, doesn't show up.
    So, it works if I set it up on my phone but not my computer. What gives?
    How about setting Versamail, under the hotsync manager, to do nothing instead of synchronize?
    Ok, so I did a hard reset and set up my email from scratch on the phone and it allowed full access to my email. However, after hotsyncing w/ my PC it reverted back to one of my old email setups (which I cannot figure out how to delete). Also, under Versamail Accounts, the new one that I setup on the phone, doesn't show up. And actually, any new accounts that I set up don't show up under Versamail Accounts.
    So, it works if I set it up on my phone and don't hotsync but not my computer. What gives?
    You might even be able to delete the Versamail folder under your profile.
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\username.
  16.    #16  
    Woohoo! Woohoo!
    I think I got it. So, luckily I still have my old 650 and what I did is reset my 755p and setup my Versamail on there. Then, I beamed over all of my necessary stuff from the 650. Then, I synced it w/ my PC and setup a new device name. Didn't exactly cure the problem but weaseled my way around it.
    Much, much thanks to matty032, KGilbertsen and JohnH59. You guys rock! See you around the forums.