1.    #1  
    Can anyone shed any light on my inability to stream podcasts that I once streamed with no problem at all? More details in this thread.
    Try a blank, formatted SD card just for kicks and see if that resolves your issue.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3.    #3  
    Is it possible that even after a hard reset, your Treo can have corrupted data?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I tried to stream Internet video I picked straight out of Kinoma and it said format not supported. WTF?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Delete - reinstall. If that don't work, hard reset - reinstall.
    Matty
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Delete - reinstall. If that don't work, hard reset - reinstall.
    Hard reset and clean install from Kinoma, not backup.
    You could also try backing up your Saved Preferences file and then delete the Saved Preferences file. Then go into Kinoma, re-enter your Kinoma reg. code and try viewing again. If the prob. goes away, you know it was in Saved Preferences. If not, then just restore Saved Preferences.

Did you try a blank formatted SD card to rule out SD corruption? Kinoma uses the SD card as a streaming buffer, sometimes even when you think you have enough internal memory.

Oh, and try running Kinoma after a System Reset. This prevents other hacks and apps that monitor the system interrupts from getting in the way. If that fixes the problem, you know its a rogue app causing trouble.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    You could also try backing up your Saved Preferences file and then delete the Saved Preferences file. Then go into Kinoma, re-enter your Kinoma reg. code and try viewing again. If the prob. goes away, you know it was in Saved Preferences. If not, then just restore Saved Preferences.

Did you try a blank formatted SD card to rule out SD corruption? Kinoma uses the SD card as a streaming buffer, sometimes even when you think you have enough internal memory.

Oh, and try running Kinoma after a System Reset. This prevents other hacks and apps that monitor the system interrupts from getting in the way. If that fixes the problem, you know its a rogue app causing trouble.
    Wow! In all of my 4+ years, I have never heard of a 'System or Warm reset'! What does it do that a Hard Reset doesnt do? Just seems like a mitigating step in between a Soft & Hard reset.
    If you click on the link to System Reset in my previous post, the description is there It doesn't erase anything; just prevents other hacks and apps that monitor the system interrupts from getting in the way until you perform a normal reset.

10.    #10  
    Yes, I did and read about it. It wasnt clear as to what it did outside of what a soft reset did...and they still sound the same to me.
    Which sound the same?

12.    #12  
    Soft and System. Doesnt a soft reset stop everything and makes it reboot?
  13.    #13  
    HandyDJs.com, do you know of any recovery programs that would work on all types of files on an SD card? I tried Zero Assumption Recovery and it works WELL! But I couldnt use their website to pay for it! It kept declining my card that I knew had money on it! Anyways, I need to get the files from my 4GB card (not what I am using in my Treo now, but it was long before this Kinoma issue started) so I can use this card once again!
    Soft is just a regular reset. System disables any software that "hooks" into the system until the next soft reset.

I'm not familiar with any such SD card recovery programs. The only think I would suggest is trying a chkdsk/r against the card from a Windows machine - but that could potentially erase the files you're trying to save.

15.    #15  
    Can you elaborate what types of software 'hooks' into the system? What is the 'system'?

I asked around at Best Buy and got PC Inpsector. Its supposedly good, and free! I will see if that works for me tomorrow.