1.    #1  
    Hi folks. I am looking for an application launcher that allows assigning multiple applications to the Treo 700p hard keys. I am looking for a launcher that will allow for multiple presses to launch a program. Example: press the phone key, once, and launch the phone. Press the phone key, twice, and launch blazer.

TIA
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    I've seen some that'll do one-press or press-and-hold, but not multiple presses.

I'd search for something like "button launcher".
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I'm using TypeRight, it's awesomely wonderful definitely one of my favorite peices of Palm software.
  4.    #4  
    Think I found two different packages that will do this. 1Button+, and AnyKey. Ideally they will launch apps from the hard keys. What would be really nice is you could also program DA's, or Macroplay macros. That would cover the full gambit. I will keep looking.

braj: I have looked at typewrite, but I am looking for the hard keys only (phone, calendar, email, home, send). Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Think I found two different packages that will do this. 1Button+, and AnyKey. Ideally they will launch apps from the hard keys. What would be really nice is you could also program DA's, or Macroplay macros. That would cover the full gambit. I will keep looking.

braj: I have looked at typewrite, but I am looking for the hard keys only (phone, calendar, email, home, send). Thanks for the suggestion though.
    It does do hardkeys also. And it does DAs, urls, email addys too.
  6. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    123-Launch. Works great on my Treo680
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I used 123-Launch for years, when I got a Treo I switched because the keyboard opened up huge possibilities. But if it suits you, I never had a problem with it, it served me wonderfully.
  8. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I used 123-Launch for years, when I got a Treo I switched because the keyboard opened up huge possibilities. But if it suits you, I never had a problem with it, it served me wonderfully.
    I agree.

Together with Treo Favourite Keys (with Butler's help) & Hi-Launcher, launching my applications is complete - I dont even need a 3rd Party Launcher eg Launcher X etc etc. Just using default Launcher + above is more than sufficient.
  9. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Braj, does typeright slow down the Treo? dreaded hede problem?

What is the main differences between typeright & Hi-Launcher?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any slowdowns.

The main difference is HiLauncher gives you a StartMenu-like menu, and if that works for you it's great. I almost bought it myself, but then I tried Type Right and it allows you to launch as many apps/urls/phone #s/DAs as you want from whatever keys. Butler I understand does this as well. Type Right also has a 'rolodex' like function. Anyhow, I guess the best advice is to try everything out and whatever works best for the way you work wins.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the responses. I might just give typewrite a try. I will let you know my findings. BTW Butler will not launch DA's.
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. I might just give typewrite a try. I will let you know my findings. BTW Butler will not launch DA's.
    Does Butler allow multiple items per key? I wasn't sure about that. Butler obviously have a lot more going on than just the launcher though.
  13. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I tried TypeRight last nite & like it. A few observations :

- need to enhance usage with Butler*
    - need to manage conflict with KeyCap
    - hede does get involve but the lag is not noticeable

*I used Butler key launching in applications where I have Excluded for TypeRight eg Messaging. In Messaging TypeRight conflict with KeyCap but works well with Butler Launching Keys.

No, Butler does not have multiple items per key but it allows conflict with KeyCap to be managed.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    I tried TypeRight last nite & like it. A few observations :

- need to enhance usage with Butler*
    - need to manage conflict with KeyCap
    - hede does get involve but the lag is not noticeable

*I used Butler key launching in applications where I have Excluded for TypeRight eg Messaging. In Messaging TypeRight conflict with KeyCap but works well with Butler Launching Keys.

No, Butler does not have multiple items per key but it allows conflict with KeyCap to be managed.
    I don't use KeyCap, what does it do?
  15. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    KeyCap lets me :

- press & hold to capitalized
    - double press for other symbols eg ?, @, 1, 2, etc etc
    A multiple button press software is among the first things I install on my Treo. I used 1 button launcher until very recently, and then switched to AnyKey Launcher. 1 button is more powerful, but I switched to AKL because it is a bit faster to launch the programs b/c of a congurable time delay (I use 40 ms) rather than 500ms. Both are low overhead and don't cause crashes.