Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    (I've installed the Verizon MR Update...)

Over at another forum, I was discussing the loss of pairing as well as the pairing with no voice or sound problems.
    Apparently...

...To answer your question, Hell Yes the battery level in the headset makes a difference in connectivity...
    This is amazing!
    I typically charge my headset every two days (and, of course, as soon as I hear the 'three beep' low power warning)

So, it seems that when the battery is low, the headset has enough power to answer the call, hang up and redial, but not enough to transmit the sound?
    Is this correct?
    If so, this is a real breakthrough, since (I imagine) many users have reported similar problems, probably returned their headsets or bought new ones, returned their Treos...all because the battery was low.
    If this is so, this will be welcome relief to a lot of users.
    I can't say for certain, but what most of us sufferers were enduring might simply have been low battery level on the headset.
    An easy way to test it is if you get a pairing problem, don't reboot the Treo nor try pairing it. Instead, try to fully charge the headset and see if the problem goes away.

One other point, some may not be aware that the MR Update adds an important option in Prefs/Communications/Hands Free. Aparently, you have to choose whether to route calls to your headset. In case you answer the call by pressing a button on the Treo, the calls, by default, don't route to the headset.
    Last edited by haroldo; 07/18/2007 at 07:04 AM.
    Interesting analysis as I never lose connectivity w/ my JX-10. Post MR I did notice something unusual w/ Bluetooth. When I connect my JX-10 to the charger the Treo doesnt recognize that it loses connectivity to it. I mean it SHOULD see that it loses it when I charge my JX-10. So what happens is after its done charging I take my JX-10 off my charger and when I try to initiate a call. Instant reboot because the stack couldnt recognize the disconnect and reconnect of my JX-10. I'm really curious if any other VZW Post MR owners can replicate this.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    (I've installed the Verizon MR Update...)

Over at another forum, I was discussing the loss of pairing as well as the pairing with no voice or sound problems.
    Apparently...

I can't say for certain, but what most of us sufferers were enduring might simply have been low battery level on the headset.
    An easy way to test it is if you get a pairing problem, don't reboot the Treo nor try pairing it. Instead, try to fully charge the headset and see if the problem goes away.

One other point, some may not be aware that the MR Update adds an important option in Prefs/Communications/Hands Free. Aparently, you have to choose whether to route calls to your headset. In case you answer the call by pressing a button on the Treo, the calls, by default, don't route to the headset.
    Under the handsfree option if you leave the box unchecked (route all calls to handsfree device) your bluetooth headset will still pick up the call. WTF?
    Battery strength could be an issue. I will test this theory in the coming weeks, as I have a Mot H300 that takes one AAA battery. Normally I just use a NiMH instead of the recommended alkaline. Will try a fresh alkaline and see if that helps, and then post the result here.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The fix you mention doesn't always work - Motorola H700 headset is fully charged as well as Treo 700p and still no pairing success. Should never had updated to v1.10 & can't go back to v1.06. Immediately called to both their tech. support areas & told them w/ everything else being equal there was a prob. w/ new software..... and now reading other posts it looks like this is confirmed and a "patch" needs to be done by Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    I can't say for certain, but what most of us sufferers were enduring might simply have been low battery level on the headset. \
    I switched from a newer NiMH AAA battery back to the old one in my Mot H300. It is now staying paired much better!

I will try an alkaline this week and post the test results here.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnovitch1 View Post
    The fix you mention doesn't always work - Motorola H700 headset is fully charged as well as Treo 700p and still no pairing success. Should never had updated to v1.10 & can't go back to v1.06. Immediately called to both their tech. support areas & told them w/ everything else being equal there was a prob. w/ new software..... and now reading other posts it looks like this is confirmed and a "patch" needs to be done by Palm!
    So what exactly is happening? I've got a 700p with the MR and I have the Mot H700 as well and I haven't had any pairing issues (I do get some static in some enviroments but other then that I've been very pleased with the H700). Do you know what version of the headset you have? I have the C version but I've heard of issues with the A and B version's. Just look above the earpiece (second line) and it should say "H700x" where x is the version.
    I also have a MR'd Sprint 700p and a Motorolla H700 (A Version) and have zero pairing or connection problems. No static problems either.....