1.    #1  
    There's no pin and hole, so the "official solution" is to remove the battery. A HARD reset requires you to hold the power button as the battery is replaced. Really.

If you examine the power connections, you'll note that they appear to be gold-plated springs - with plenty of flex.

It is simple to drill a 1/16" hole in exactly the right spot (end, I think), permitting the insertion of a strong/thin blade to momentarily break the critical connection between the battery and the phone circuit. On eBay, someone is selling a replacement stylus/pen that has a removable reset end, which could easily be reshaped to do as I've described.

I don't plan to do it unless the lack of a reset button becomes a problem for me. Is it a problem for you?
    nah, no need to do a reset thus far. Just as reliable as my old 650.
  3.    #3  
    Well, maybe it's just a solution with no problem...
    Around two months, 50 apps, only 5 resets. All after installing tested apps. No need for manual resets so far.
    I have had to do a couple of resets. I think that the BT DUN hack has caused all of my problems. With it installed if my phone was paired to my BT headset and I got a call, the phone reset. With it not installed, my phone is completely stable. So as much as I want to use the DUN hack, its not gonna go on my phone.
  6.    #6  
    Hmmm.... I admit my ignorance. My intent is to get this new 755p settled down with everything loaded and running well. I'll then set it up as a modem via BT for email and other online activities for perhaps 15 minute sessions 2-3 times a day.

Evidently a hack is required? And it affects stability? Well, I have solved the reset issue - in advance.
    I think I've had to reset three times since I've had the 755p (got it when it came out). I too think you have a solution in search of a problem.

Tom
    No resets . . . initiated by the 755 or me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    No resets . . . initiated by the 755 or me.
    Ditto.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
    Well, after messing with it a bit more, I am more inclined to think that maybe ringo has been causing my resets, I removed it and will try it out for a few days and see if that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE View Post
    Hmmm.... I admit my ignorance. My intent is to get this new 755p settled down with everything loaded and running well. I'll then set it up as a modem via BT for email and other online activities for perhaps 15 minute sessions 2-3 times a day.

Evidently a hack is required? And it affects stability? Well, I have solved the reset issue - in advance.
    You can use PDA Net instead of doing the hack. I've been testing it and it's been great so far (used it on my Treo 600 as well and it's even better now with EVDO).
    Hrmph. Most of the time I don't have to do a reset- the phone does it for me, usually while just sitting idle. I was in my optometrist's chair today with my phone unused in it's holster when I heard the "Sprint" sound begin to play as the RF section came back from a restart ...

And of course, "##377#" was from some unrelated reset two weeks ago.
    Palm Pre
    755p not having a reset hole is the only thing stopping me from buying it, if someone knows a way to fix this I'm willing to listen
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  14.    #14  
    It's easy, though different. The solution requires a very small hole at a point directly "above" one of the two primary connections between the battery and the phone. A thin blade, made of stiff nonconductive material such as plastic, is pushed down to interrupt the circuit.

I tried it with the cover off and it works perfectly. The only reason I haven't drilled that hole is that my 755 has not yet crashed despite all the @#$%!! I've dumped into it.
    Anyone else find their unit running more smoothly everyday if a soft reset is done first thing in the morning?