Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have had the 1.10 patch for 8 days. I was one of the first to get it at the Verizon store and one of the first to post about the data connection problem. I have had tons of problems connecting to broadband Access - although after several times I was always able to connect with persistence. Verizon is clueless half the time when you call. However I did try what was suggested from Verizon and others on TC. I had the data people take my broadband access account off and then put it back on which is like a forced data reset (they do that on their end if you ask for it when you call over to their data dept), then did a *22899 and lastly once that was done - do a soft reset on the phone. Since then I have had little to no problems connecting.

What help I do need still is that since the MR 1.10 downgrade - haha - everytime I connect to data, my phone asks me if I am fine with using data airtime. How do I tell my phone to always use data airtime and not ask me first before I open applications like Gmail and Opera Mini?
    Go to Prefs program. Select Network. Menu, Options, Preferences or Menu-R. Uncheck the box, "Ask before connecting to the Internet". Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by aweyrich View Post
    I have had the 1.10 patch for 8 days. I was one of the first to get it at the Verizon store and one of the first to post about the data connection problem. I have had tons of problems connecting to broadband Access - although after several times I was always able to connect with persistence. Verizon is clueless half the time when you call. However I did try what was suggested from Verizon and others on TC. I had the data people take my broadband access account off and then put it back on which is like a forced data reset (they do that on their end if you ask for it when you call over to their data dept), then did a *22899 and lastly once that was done - do a soft reset on the phone. Since then I have had little to no problems connecting.

What help I do need still is that since the MR 1.10 downgrade - haha - everytime I connect to data, my phone asks me if I am fine with using data airtime. How do I tell my phone to always use data airtime and not ask me first before I open applications like Gmail and Opera Mini?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    But I went to that screen and it was already unchecked and it still asks me each time. Any other ideas?
    Hmmm well maybe we have something here. I have not done the upgrade yet, but if this were to solve the data connection issue, then I'd go for it. So, hopefully those of you that have already done the upgrade and are experiencing problems will try this and post results? The less brave among us will thank you . Maybe the answer is simpler than we fear.

And if it does work out, Aweyrich, you and the Verizon reps (or whomever) that thought of this will likely become legend here .
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    And if it does work out, Aweyrich, you and the Verizon reps (or whomever) that thought of this will likely become legend here .
    Didn't work for me, and I had it done twice.
    The connectivity issues seem to be with Verizon's 1X network. My phone works flawlessly on the EV network. Once I hit the 1X network, very bad connection issues.
    Have called Verizon several times in trying to get it resolved. I have referred them to here telling them that several people are having problems with the MR. What amazes me is that they say that they haven't had any complaints!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    before i am chastized on the site - let me say that after two days it is doing it again - that is disconnecting on me randomly. I think my suggestion isn't full proof. There clearly is something wrong with the update and we just have to wait or switch to blackberry. Who would even buy this phone off Ebay from us with the reputation it has had.....this is nuts,
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. I noticed that in the few areas around here that I can't get EVDO coverage, I get all sorts of data connection errors. Some even tell me No Data Connection Present even though I have the arrows on the phone screen. It is always with the 1X coverage though.

Robb
    I'm having problems too. It'll fail to connect to check email or when using Blazer. Multiple tries with a few minutes doesn't resolve the issue. But if I wait 15 minutes, and try the same thing again, it'll sometimes magically work. Other times I have to reset the phone.

This is a major issue, especially when you're trying to do price matching in the store and you can't use the web browser. :-)

-Chris
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    We need a list of where people are located to see if this problem is localized to a certain region
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I am in the east Tennessee area. Just east of Knoxville.

Robb
    Quote Originally Posted by jakehawk View Post
    We need a list of where people are located to see if this problem is localized to a certain region

It doesn't matter where you live. I live in Phoenix but Ive been working this week in Denver.. the ONE time i tried using data it took me 4 times before I finally got a connection.
    san diego ca same problem
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Charleston, SC same issue
    I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. Data connection problems with 1X only. Roaming and EVDO work fine with the 1.10 upgrade. We need to get Verizon/Palm to acknowledge this error. I live in 1X and my phone is unusable.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I can verify that this is not just a 1x issue. I live in the Los Angeles area, and I have a constant EVDO signal at both work and home. It NEVER switches to 1x in either of these locations. However, I am experiencing the same data connection issues that others are reporting for 1x.

What perplexes me is that the connection problems occur when I have 3-4 bars of phone signal. It is possible, though, that I have a low-strength EVDO signal in both locations, which causes or adds to the connection problem.
    Same issue in Tucson. Almost always have the problem on 1x and occasionally with EVDO with good reception. I'll call and complain.
    Okay, it is definitely an issue with 1x, but even sometimes when I am in an area with good, decent EVDO signal, it sometimes hang.

I did get the MR update when I was traveling in the NE and tested throughout Northern NJ. There are few spots where I was only getting 1x and noticed since the MR, it was harder to keep a good data connection, whereas a week before in the same area with VZW 1.06 (pre-MR), I had NO problems with 1x data connection.

Now, I am traveling throughout Southern California with many good EVDO area and sometimes it will just hang.

I have a couple of solution: goto Prefs-->Network-->Disconnect and then try to Connect (Mind you, I have "Connect to the data network whenever the phone is powered on" checked).

If that doesn't work, then turn off your phone and turn the phone back on and it usually reconnects.

Now for 1x area, I am not sure, but usually I do the same thing and finally it will connect.

I hope VZW/Palm comes up with another patch. Maybe that is why the VZW 755p release has been delayed because of this data connection problem....
    Roanoke Virginia. Same problem. Plus I was in DC Friday and Saturday (EVDO) and the problem was the same. Verizon and Palm have both told me TODAY they have never heard of such a problem. Verizon is shipping my third treo in two weeks to me tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Looks like I was wrong about the EVDO vs 1x: I called Verizon again today because I couldn't get on the Web at all, even though the Network showed it was connected. I kept getting the "Page is not available" error. The data tech who helped me out this time told me that even though I was getting 4 bars on my phone signal and the signal always showed "EV" on my phone, he watched while my signal constantly toggled between "EV" and "1x."

He also said he couldn't get anyone he spoke to admit that this was a "known" issue, and created a new Network troubleshooting ticket.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast