1.    #1  
    I had maybe a thousand text messages in my 755p and (for the second time) deleted all of them.

Since I hotsynced without knowing this, I assume I am screwed correct?

I have searched for more info on "messaging database" but found very little?

This sucks.
  2.    #2  
    Just to make it clear, I didn't delete them, the phone decided to on its own.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This happened to me yesterday. The treo's screen was off and wouldn't respond to anything so I took the battery out and put it back it. When it turned back on *poof* all my text messages were gone.

Something similar happened a few weeks ago with my contacts. That time didn't involve me taking the battery out though. My contacts just disappeared. I re-synced and got them all back but these two random deletions are weirding me out.
    All my contacts "auto-deleted" the other day as well.
    same here
    I've had both these happen, on the 700p, and the 755p. It seems to be something to do with the Palm OS.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Any find a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtoatley View Post
    Any find a solution?
    I don't know why this happens... but for this reason (and other) we started last year a project called Treodesktop!

My only one suggest, for you, is to periodically save (backup) a copy of the Messages_Database.pdb into a secure location, ready to be sent back to the Treo when the "autodelete" occours... or - better - save a copy of your text messages on desktop using our software.

I believe that Palm should FIX that bug!!!

Bruno Naglieri - Rome (Italy)
    www.treodesktop.com
    Treodesktop developer
    Funny, this happened to me for the first time ever about two days ago. Mind you, I have been using a 700p - and it had never happened before. I was only about 9 days into using a 755 when I took a picture, hit the envelope icon to send it with Picture Messaging, then the phone rebooted. When it came to, *poof* no more text messages.

I restored them right away since I was at home but... wow.