Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Thanks, Charles. I just tried your test -- TWIT was one of the podcasts I frequently listen too, so it's actually a test I've tried before. Still no luck. I am getting the same error (0x2AOF) that there is not enough space left on the volume, even when the "Prefer streaming to download" option is unchecked. I am trying it without an SD card inserted, and with the "Download to:" option set to Internal storage. When I insert my card and set the "Download to": option to External storage, I get the download icon (and the progress bar is not completely white from the start).

    My guess is that Kinoma is somehow trying to "force" the download preference? Would it maybe do this when the EVDO network connection is less than ideal and/or frequently lost? (like many other Sprint 700p users after the MR, I am having problems with Powervision dropping after continued use)

    Finally, I'd like to add my thanks to your great customer service. Appreciate the help!
  2.    #22  
    Charles, unfortunately, I still get that icon. It take a looonngg time for the podcast to load (after you select the episode you want) and it STILL doesnt save the place where you left off if you exit Kinoma (to check a text message). And that's with a bone stock (albeit MR) Treo 700p.

    I am going to install my apps via Backup Buddy VFS Pro in bunches (I have too many to do them individually) to see if any of them affect it. This may take awhile! No known issues with existing programs? And I didnt install anything to my knowledge during last week (I did reinstall Java this week, though). Maybe the hard reset cleared some kinda cache and I just cant find out where that is..?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I am performing a hard reset (again) so that I can try this. I reloaded everything to see if all of the previous problems would still be there (and they were). So now, I have to figure out if something is interfering with Kinoma. Any thoughts..?
    Just to make sure we're using the same definitions, a hard reset deletes everything on your phone. (We've had lots of customers confuse hard resets with soft resets and warm resets, so I don't mean to be pedantic here!)

    In order to find the culprit, you must not sync until after the test, otherwise you'll be right back to where you started from before the hard reset.

    You can get a fresh Kinoma Player 4 EX installer from http://www.kinoma.com/index/lost-key/. Drop the KinomaInstaller.prc file into the PALM > Launcher folder on the SD card, pop the SD card back into your Treo, then run the installer.

    Then, try Technology > TWiT again. Another good one to try is Entertainment > PRI: This American Life, which should also stream for you.

    Since "Prefer download" defaults to off, if you see the SD/Download icon then something is seriously weird, and probably beyond my ability to help. (I'm just a marketing guy.) Our support folks will continue to help you get to the bottom of it, of course.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    Thanks, Charles. I just tried your test -- TWIT was one of the podcasts I frequently listen too, so it's actually a test I've tried before. Still no luck. I am getting the same error (0x2AOF) that there is not enough space left on the volume, even when the "Prefer streaming to download" option is unchecked. I am trying it without an SD card inserted, and with the "Download to:" option set to Internal storage. When I insert my card and set the "Download to": option to External storage, I get the download icon (and the progress bar is not completely white from the start).

    My guess is that Kinoma is somehow trying to "force" the download preference? Would it maybe do this when the EVDO network connection is less than ideal and/or frequently lost? (like many other Sprint 700p users after the MR, I am having problems with Powervision dropping after continued use)

    Finally, I'd like to add my thanks to your great customer service. Appreciate the help!
    Try hard resetting your Treo and see if Kinoma works..thats how I got it to work for me! And thats how I eliminated the SD card and the Treo as the culprits. I dont know about you, but my connection is strong (as it has always been at work) right now, which is where I normally listen to my library of podcast via stream. So in my instance, I know its not the network.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Just to make sure we're using the same definitions, a hard reset deletes everything on your phone. (We've had lots of customers confuse hard resets with soft resets and warm resets, so I don't mean to be pedantic here!)

    In order to find the culprit, you must not sync until after the test, otherwise you'll be right back to where you started from before the hard reset.
    Yes, I am unfortunately too acustomed with soft and hard resets (4+ yrs of owning treo's) and I did fully erase and format my Treo to its original state. Honestly, I dont know what a warm reset is, unless its synonomous with soft reset.

    Upon your instructions, I still see the SD icon in the upper right corner (TWIT). It still takes an average to 10-20 seconds to load the podcast after you select it! The normal time is just a few seconds...10 at most! And it also does it with the PRI:This American Life.


    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    You can get a fresh Kinoma Player 4 EX installer from http://www.kinoma.com/index/lost-key/. Drop the KinomaInstaller.prc file into the PALM > Launcher folder on the SD card, pop the SD card back into your Treo, then run the installer.

    Then, try Technology > TWiT again. Another good one to try is Entertainment > PRI: This American Life, which should also stream for you.

    Since "Prefer download" defaults to off, if you see the SD/Download icon then something is seriously weird, and probably beyond my ability to help. (I'm just a marketing guy.) Our support folks will continue to help you get to the bottom of it, of course.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    I guess something is seriously weird, because nothing has caused that icon to go away, or made Kinoma remember where I left of in a podcast, or shorten those load times. HELP! I havent heard from CS all day (Case #34358) and I need my kinoma! I am a few episodes behind!
  6. #26  
    I guess something is seriously weird with mine too... I just did a hard reset and ONLY installed kinoma from the kinoma installer that I got from Kinoma (v4.2). Still got the dowload icon, and no resume playback. Also, I agree that streaming podcasts are taking MUCH longer to load (approx 2x to 3x as long).
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    I guess something is seriously weird with mine too... I just did a hard reset and ONLY installed kinoma from the kinoma installer that I got from Kinoma (v4.2). Still got the dowload icon, and no resume playback. Also, I agree that streaming podcasts are taking MUCH longer to load (approx 2x to 3x as long).
    Charles contacted me and said that it may be a region thing...are you in the southeast too?
  8. #28  
    Nope, Chicago.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    Nope, Chicago.
    Hmmm, he said that it was a network problem with my region, yet youre having the same problems that I am! I wonder if we are the only ones? The CS guy says he has 4 devices, including a 700p with the MR, that he uses and he cannot reproduce the error. Maybe we're the last who hasnt upgraded to the 755p!
  10. #30  
    I admit that sometimes is sure does feel that way...

    One good thing is that after the hard reset and reinstall, the podcasts are running a little smoother. Unfortunately, the streaming/resume playback problem is still a deal-breaker for me. I've gone back to using my iPod (so much for convergence!) because I usually can't get through a whole podcast in one sitting and with the Treo, I would need to start them all over at the beginning. I know it's a small thing, but I think I'm spoiled because everything was working PERFECTLY just a couple of weeks ago...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    I admit that sometimes is sure does feel that way...

    One good thing is that after the hard reset and reinstall, the podcasts are running a little smoother. Unfortunately, the streaming/resume playback problem is still a deal-breaker for me. I've gone back to using my iPod (so much for convergence!) because I usually can't get through a whole podcast in one sitting and with the Treo, I would need to start them all over at the beginning. I know it's a small thing, but I think I'm spoiled because everything was working PERFECTLY just a couple of weeks ago...
    I definitely understand because that is how I feel! I dont have an iPod to use, and this was the main additive to my work day...listening to my podcasts on my Treo! The resume playback is definitely killing me...expecially on longer podcasts like TWIT, The Tech Guy, MacBreak Weekly, etc! Its too frustrating to run my Treo blank...I rely on it to do soo much more!
  12.    #32  
    Allow me to just say that Kinoma's CS has been very cooperative! I cant wait to get full, clear use of my podcasts again!
  13. #33  
    I had the same issue with error message when trying to stream TWIT podcast for a couple of weeks

    Solved the issue by going into streaming preferences/ unchecked prefer download to streaming/ dowload to external/ stream rtsp using tcp/rtsp port 554/ click ok

    Now I have The Tech Guy Leo Laporte back
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe View Post
    Solved the issue by going into streaming preferences/ unchecked prefer download to streaming/ dowload to external/ stream rtsp using tcp/rtsp port 554/ click ok
    Excellent suggestion, thanks!

    We're also working with BMIC50 on a series of tests to help us understand what's going on in his case. Once we do, I'll report back to this thread.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
  15. #35  
    Is there some really good reason why Kinoma will not provide a trial period? I think I'd like it, but given the recent problems here I sure would like to make sure it works on my device.....
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Is there some really good reason why Kinoma will not provide a trial period? I think I'd like it, but given the recent problems here I sure would like to make sure it works on my device.....
    The majority of the people who have Kinoma can verify that this program is some of the best money you can spend for the Treo! Its the ONLY choice to stream podcasts and YouTube!
  17. #37  
    I agree very nice program, i prefer it to pockettunes..it just needs some better (read relevant) video content (like if Bloomberg changes to windows media 10, or dumb down player so it can view win media 9)

    The potential is so great , the premium content plays flawlessly on my tmo 650
  18. cool8man's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #38  
    Hi, just wanted to post that I am having the same exact problem with my Treo 700p and Kinoma player. I get the same exact error message "0x2A0F" and the same exact stuttering problem. This sucks because the Kinoma player I purchased is basically useless to me now.

    I also have updated my Treo 700p with the latest firmware update. I hope you guys can fix this.


    Also I wanted to add that after I did the firmware update to the 700p the Kinoma player was not working properly and asked to be reinstalled. I reinstalled the Kinoma software and am now having this problem where streams no longer work unless the memory card is plugged in. When the card is in the stream starts and stops erratically making it impossible to listen to anything.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cool8man View Post
    Hi, just wanted to post that I am having the same exact problem with my Treo 700p and Kinoma player. I get the same exact error message "0x2A0F" and the same exact stuttering problem. This sucks because the Kinoma player I purchased is basically useless to me now.

    I also have updated my Treo 700p with the latest firmware update. I hope you guys can fix this.


    Also I wanted to add that after I did the firmware update to the 700p the Kinoma player was not working properly and asked to be reinstalled. I reinstalled the Kinoma software and am now having this problem where streams no longer work unless the memory card is plugged in. When the card is in the stream starts and stops erratically making it impossible to listen to anything.
    Let me assure you that the problem is being address! Their CS and Engineers are AWESOME, and I can tell you that 1st hand since I have been working with them in the last 2 weeks! Just go file a Support Issue (or whatever its called) on their website.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Let me assure you that the problem is being address! Their CS and Engineers are AWESOME, and I can tell you that 1st hand since I have been working with them in the last 2 weeks!
    BMIC50 has been very helpful as we solve a very interesting, very difficult problem, and we couldn't do it with his diligent followup. Thank you, BMIC50!

    -- Charles Wiltgen

    Subscribe to Kinoma Notes: The Kinoma Blog today!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions