1.    #1  
    I had this stupid sound develop after I did an update on my 700p. A few days later Sprint sent me a 755p and sure enough it was present on this one as well - from day one.
    I too have the sound where you tap on the screen outside of a menu box and get the system sound followed by the touch tone sound in the ear peice.
    However, I think I have a new viral adaptation of the sound...? I use Versamail and have three different email accounts set up using the stock alert sound tones. I now get the tone AFTER the sci-fi alert goes off telling me I have a new email.
    Is anyone else seeing this with the tone after that alert? I have the tone before an SMS arrives and the tone before a Butler nag alarm. I just thought it odd that it does it after the email alert.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    However, I think I have a new viral adaptation of the sound...? I use Versamail and have three different email accounts set up using the stock alert sound tones. I now get the tone AFTER the sci-fi alert goes off telling me I have a new email. Is anyone else seeing this with the tone after that alert?
    I'm experiencing the same issue with my 700p and SnapperMail. What's interesting is Sprint's Business Connection mail client does not produce the tone at all.
    Mine started doing that last week after I went on a trip.
    I just reset the sounds back to what they were supposed to be and the extra touchtone went away, both from Snapper and IM.

mark.
  4.    #4  
    What do you mean by "reset the sounds as they were supposed to be?" So far neither the 755 or the 700p users have been able to get rid of the phantom tone.
    Yeah, the touchtone is after the alert now, with the 755. It was before the alert on the 700.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Mine started doing that last week after I went on a trip.
    I just reset the sounds back to what they were supposed to be and the extra touchtone went away, both from Snapper and IM.

mark.
    Reset them back to what? It came with the tones right out of the box for me. Before I changed anything........
    Matty
    I had changed the alert sounds for Snapper and SMS FROM the defaults to other sounds.
    When I noticed the tone issue and the fact that my alert sounds had changed I tried a couple of different things.
    I did pull the battery once, but the thing that seemed to do the job was this:
    In Snapper I turned off the New Message alert and saved.
    The I went back to the Snapper options and turned the New message alert back on and made sure that my Alert tone was chosen.
    I did the same the Prefs for messaging.

It has worked fine for almost 2 weeks. Nothing mysterious.

mark.
    New member here - I just got my 755 about a week ago. Just today I noticed the phantom touch tone coming in along with a text message. I have mine set to vibe and ring together for everything, and I heard the vibe followed immediately by both the tone from the earpiece and the notification sound from the speaker, at once. VERY strange, until I looked it up and saw it was a known bug on the 700....

Any word from Palm or Sprint about this?