Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With so many problems being reported I am out unless they release an update for the update...
    Ahhh what the hell, I did it!!

We'll see...
    I'm still waiting and evaluating the reports. The only thing that really scares me is the network dropout issue. I mean, for the love of all that is holy, how the Hell can anyone be happy with a Treo that can't reliably connect to the network??? I can live with the DTMF stuff and I don't even use bluetooth, but if I install the MR and my network access gets hosed, I'd freak. How could Palm possibly overlook this? You get the impression that their quality control consists of a couple of interns playing around with their Treos in some test environment with a perfect signal and free-flowing beer. So anyway, I'm still on the fence...
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    I'm still waiting and evaluating the reports. The only thing that really scares me is the network dropout issue. I mean, for the love of all that is holy, how the Hell can anyone be happy with a Treo that can't reliably connect to the network??? I can live with the DTMF stuff and I don't even use bluetooth, but if I install the MR and my network access gets hosed, I'd freak. How could Palm possibly overlook this? You get the impression that their quality control consists of a couple of interns playing around with their Treos in some test environment with a perfect signal and free-flowing beer. So anyway, I'm still on the fence...

I might almost say don't do it. I use data occasionally but I don't use it as heavy as most users but even with my casual usage it is annoying as far as data. I thought Bluetooth was fixed but u know after the 24 hour honeymoon it started to reboot reboot reboot and mainly due to the BT stack. I went as far as hard reset and restoring contacts/calender/tasks/memos and it still was acting up. So I've stopped using bluetooth to see if the phone reboots. One thing that i've been annoyed w/ the reboots is when doing #*#377 to see the error log and it still shows the ONE error i had from the previous day.. Never the current error. So thats my 2 cents. I dunno.. I'm sorry to say im looking into alternatives.. Ive said it before. I Just want a phone that 'works'. That isn't much to ask. A friend of mine has been deeply pessemistic against multi-purpose phones.. I'm trying NOT go follow that suit. I'd say wait and see. If the phone works and its not constantly going crazy. Don't do it. I personally regret it now.
    I agree with danspalmone. Although I've had network disconnections fairly often even with the original ROM since the beginning (which made it unworkable to try to maintain a push email configuration in Chatter, for example) at least the Treo would reconnect most of the time when asked to. I'd simply get the handshake window. But now I'm afraid that the MR will make things even worse.
    Yeah, I use data probably more than voice so I need to wait for Palm to settle this.
    yup..cranky internet connection is a show stopper for me too.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    no, I am scared of data issues, screen blurring, and I don't use a headset, so I could care less about bluetooth. It seems like they really micky moused some stuff with this MR...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Not yet, God knows, for all of the above reasons...

Update carefully, all.

David
    I won't be trying it. The only real issue I have with my Treo is because of the incompatible BT headset I choose to use.

That alone is not worth it.
    I'm holding off until they fix these problems:

-Network connection drops
    -DTMF
    -Blurry brownish text
    -Bluetooth (still!?)
    -Email notification icon

I know I could be waiting another year, and it (v1.11 ROM) may never come for that matter. Luckily, my phone (Verizon v1.06 ROM) has been very stable with only the very occasional reboot, and those are usually tied to 3rd party software installs. Just have to wait and see.
    It is so ****ing frustrating having to wait on Palm and or Verizon & Sprint to at least acknoledge that the problem exists!!!! Why can't they post the v1.06 firmware and instructions to downgrade??? What is so hard about this????
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Not planning on installing it here. I'm a fortunate owner of a 'good' 700p - no serious issues other than lag starting Blazer and occasional Bluetooth connection problems.

I depend on the internet connection ability daily, and I'm seeing too many people having problems with connections to trust it.

I read books on the Treo all the time, so blurry fonts would be a big problem.

I'll be staying on 1.06 until a trustable update arrives. The lack of ability to revert the update is a big turn-off too...
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Tried it but the network drops and the fact that my Jawbone BT headset dropped connections like every 5 minutes with the MR. Went back to my Verizon store and got a brand new 700P with 1.06 on it.

I am keeping that way until the iphone has streaming video and I can run ORB on it.
    i am skipping it. i have a 700p that is just fine. i have lag but UNCACHE fixes that pretty well (downloaded trial but need to buy). BT works well - as well as with the MR and jawbone. BT connection to my laptop and car are great! i only see a recent app as a improvement and network problems as a disadvantage. I will skip
  16.    #16  
    Yep, the data problems is the big one keeping me away. I depend on having PDAnet and am very heavy data user.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I'm not really planning on it. I use mine primarily for the PDA functions and the few phone calls I make/receive. I don't have a data plan (actually pay as you go but I've defined a dummy network connection). I haven't really noticed any lag. I've only used bluetooth to connect to my computer for hotsyncing and that has worked well.

I also bought it used. It's supposedly still under warranty (the seller gave the receipt) but am concerned that if I or VZW bricks it I won't get a replacement.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    without stable data no.update for mme
    I'm waiting until I buy a 700p or whatever..right now all I got is this lousy unlocked problem-free 680!

Sorry i couldn't resist - boring as paint drying on a wall over here!
    i hope they resolve the internet issue quickly. once they do, i plan to jump on the mr asap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast