Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hello everyone...

I also experienced a simular problem with the battery usage. When all things are equal (no broken hardware) it seems that the smaller battery and slimness of our now more presiguous palm 750p has a lot less battery life. It seems to me that when installing the program Power Hero, it gave me the ability to easily get through the day with average usage. Mind you, it automatically turns off things not in use. and although when we turn them off it doesn't seem to make a significant difference, such as the keyboard, infra red, network, bluetooth and if need be, phone ... it definately hybernates them and makes the battery life last. Best of all, it's a beta and free! Try www.hobbyistsoftware.com Good luck all!

Ben
    200 Bonus Anytime Minutes $0.00
    3 Numbers, Any Network-Unltd $0.00
    Total Equipment Protection $7.00
    25% Corperate Discount
    This has nothing to do with normal battery drain. This is random rapid loss of battery power for no reason. totally different. The 755 battery is plenty substantial to last me through multiple days when this bug doesn't happen.
    I was having a great experience with the battery (extended) on my Treo 755p and now all of a sudden Sprint lit up an EVDO tower in my area and my battery usage has skyrocketed. Anyone else have this experience?

Yes I use Chatter but my battery had been lasting me at least a day before the EVDO arrows.
    My battery drained rapidly from 43% to 18% when I had problems getting power vison to connect and got 2 timeout errors last night. The weather was bad with a thunderstorm- maybe the tower was having problems.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I've had the same thing happen with 2 different 755's. It happened again Friday. No battery left 20 minute after it was fully charged. I was concerned that my charger was actually broken, and had messed up the battery, so I took the battery out. After inspecting it, I decided it looked fine. So I put back the battery. When the Treo reset, the battery charge was back to fully chrged, and stayed that way. Not sure if mine was a fluke, but you might want to do a battery reset and see if it fixes it for yours.
    I had this happen tonight for the first time. I had at least 50% of the battery left.

The 755 was sitting on my desk and I noticed the screen come on like I received a text message or call.

I looked over and it gave me a battery low message and went from red battery to out of juice.

Phone is warm and now charging. It seems like an app is hanging up and staying open and taxing the system - but that is just a wild guess.

Odd for sure.

I tried to "turn on" the phone while charging and it was locked with the screen off. I did a soft reset and the screen came on and everything seemed to function. When the screen went off again, it locked up again. This has happened 3 times. Unless I soft reset, the phone locks up when the screen goes to sleep.

No doubt an issue.

Recent things - Updated the sprint instant message app. Updated pTunes. Registered Docs to Go.
    Last edited by rnld; 08/27/2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: More info
    Did it to me for the first time last night. My phone was fully charged (97%), and basically stock (no PDAnet, no SDHC card, no Bluetooth, no 3rd party battery or charger etc).

I surfed the web for a few minutes (on the full-charge) and pressed the red power button to turn the Treo off (but CDMA radio was still on). I then went to dinner. About an hour into dinner, I felt the Treo was very warm and touching my skin around my hip. I turned on the Treo and somehow it was on the Blazer screen (same website I was viewing) and data was, and had been, transferring. I assumed Blazer would disconnect from Sprint Power Vision after a few minutes of inactivity (as it had always done in the past).

My only guess was that the sports website I was visiting, somehow kept refreshing while the Treo was turned off (but CDMA radio was on), so data had been continuously transferring? If it happens again, my guess as to a solution is to manually disconnect Blazer from Sprint Power Vision.

BTW, my stock Palm battery had drained from 97% to 50% in about an hour and the 755 got very, very warm. The 755 was only 2 wks old.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had a 755 with the same sort of horrible battery loss. In the first week that I had the phone the battery would not hold a charge for more than 18 hours (standby only with no use). I took the phone to the Sprint store where I bought the phone and, after a long wait and insistence on my part, exchanged the battery for a new one. This battery holds a charge for a week with moderate usage (30-40 minutes a day). I have now learned from some inside sources at Sprint that there have been many problems with the batteries in the burgandy 755. The problems you are reporting may not have anything to do with the phone itself and may be all a problem with the battery as was the case with mine.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    It's 10:30am on my first day here with my new 755p and the battery is already down to 75% after only light to moderate usage so far this morning.

Only thing unusual I see is the little green 1X/EV symbol turns on quite a bit? We don't have EVDO here is SC, but in two cities, EV is flashing a great deal??

Randy
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by VegHead View Post
    I have now learned from some inside sources at Sprint that there have been many problems with the batteries in the burgandy 755. The problems you are reporting may not have anything to do with the phone itself and may be all a problem with the battery as was the case with mine.
    That sort of makes sense - I'll have to track the serials on the batteries I've seen this on. Only have observed the problem on Burgandy 755s so far, but might have swapped out a battery with a blue one so who knows anymore. What really sucks about this problem is it's so rare and seemingly without any encouraging behavior that you just don't know to prepare!

Perhaps your "inside source" can tell you the serial number range of the bad batteries? Seems to me if they know this is a problem related to the batteries then a recall is in order.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have a blue 755p and had the rapid drain occur twice. I think it's related to the network/EVDO search and/or after having a network connection active that doesn't want to shut down.

I've installed Power Hero a few weeks ago and Battery Life is back to above average performance. I have Bluetooth, Network and Infrared shut down shortly after phone goes to sleep and all works well. My battery now lasts twice as long as pre-Power Hero!

Anyone else with good experience with Power Hero?
    I was having this problem a lot and since did a test by setting Chatter to sync every 5 minutes instead of using it in push mode. Ever since I made this change, my battery has not drained. It has been about a month now.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm happy to report that my rapid power drain is now gone! It appears that a persistent data connection was draining the battery.

A clean install fixed it... previously my green 1X/EV symbol was flashing quite often. I assume this was caused by "migrating over" from my 650 to the 755p. This was accomplished with assistance from Palm's Technical Support, who had me synch the 650, then 755 *again* after installing the 755 Desktop from it's CD. That brought over my bookmarks, favorites, and Versamail accounts, and apparently something else which had bad karma!

After a hard reset, I used Resco Backup to copy over my PIM data, bookmarks and favorites, but my first attempt to restore my Versamail accounts failed??

Cheers, Randy
    Yes, I also traced my single episode of rapid power drain, to a persistent data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99 View Post
    I'm happy to report that my rapid power drain is now gone! It appears that a persistent data connection was draining the battery.

A clean install fixed it... previously my green 1X/EV symbol was flashing quite often. I assume this was caused by "migrating over" from my 650 to the 755p. This was accomplished with assistance from Palm's Technical Support, who had me synch the 650, then 755 *again* after installing the 755 Desktop from it's CD. That brought over my bookmarks, favorites, and Versamail accounts, and apparently something else which had bad karma!

After a hard reset, I used Resco Backup to copy over my PIM data, bookmarks and favorites, but my first attempt to restore my Versamail accounts failed??

Cheers, Randy
    Mine seemed to be due to a persistent data connection, as well, but a hard-reset didn't solve the problem. I took it to the Sprint store and they got me another battery. I don't think that was the problem, honestly, but it hasn't been too bad since then (or I haven't noticed since I got my 3200mAh baby-got-back battery).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I've had many Palm in my life, including licensed products, etc. I just got that new 755p which is really nice but the battery life sucks like nothing else I've ever seen. Charged it for 3hours, like they ask. Mine would go straight to 93% after I unplug it (really hot). Then, in a matter of an hour, no talk, I'm down to less than 70%. I'm definitely in the middle zone here.

Turned off BT, network is disconnected, EVDO coverage area. I removed that piece of crap that is IM. Then, the Treo froze and restarted. Now the battery indicates 98% for the first time. What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    This happened to me for the first time 4 days ago, and then it happened again 2 days ago.

I think its related to the changes in the "plug"... i.e. the bottom connector, the phone can now be charged from the usb, without using the traditional power connector... that same usb cable does not charge older treos. I think the problem is deep within the phone, and its not charging the battery properly.

This morning my phone was at 36%, and then went up for 55% and lasted all day. Kind of the opposite of whats been happening, thats why I think its a phone/charging issue.
    I called Palm when I had the battery drain and based on the call, backed up, did a hard reset and then set it up as it was new again.

It has been working like a charm since then.
  19.    #59  
    Just this weekend, put a different, fully-charged battery into a 755 that had previously gone through a rapid battery drain event. Radio was OFF. An hour or two later the battery was down to 36%.

I'd love to think it were as simple as a hard reset and rebuilding the software profile BUT- this user barely uses the thing, has little third-party software, and is located in a well-towered metro area. If something was amiss that a hard reset and rebuild would fix..... then that doesn't explain to me why sometimes it drains correctly and sometimes it doesn't. Shouldn't it be consistently one way or the other - not polar opposites with the same exact software?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    This happened to me for the first time 4 days ago, and then it happened again 2 days ago.

I think its related to the changes in the "plug"... i.e. the bottom connector, the phone can now be charged from the usb, without using the traditional power connector... that same usb cable does not charge older treos. I think the problem is deep within the phone, and its not charging the battery properly.

This morning my phone was at 36%, and then went up for 55% and lasted all day. Kind of the opposite of whats been happening, thats why I think its a phone/charging issue.
    It's the plug that does it all. I love how Palm uses its customers to detect, fix and advertise its own bugs and technical 'glitches'. That battery of mine is still a weak piece of junk, unable to go through a day without recharging constantly.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast