Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I see that you are in MD. I'm in Germantown, MD. Could I ask where you are having so much trouble? I was considering moving from Verizon to Sprint to get the 755 but was definitely worried about the network. Verizon has always served me pretty well. I'm just sick of waiting on the 755.

Also, I heard something about mobile to mobile calls not being counted as such if you are roaming. Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks!
    I'm in Sykesville, and I do actually have coverage, but when I'm in my house, specifically in the middle of my house, I drop calls. So if I'm coming in from outside and walk through the house to get to my kitchen, dropped call. In looking at the coverage map I am in a borderline "good" to "fair" area. Everywhere around me seems to have decent coverage in looking at the map, but there is one area that has no coverage that is important to me, and that is Chincoteague, VA. I spend quite a bit of time there in the summer so coverage there is important to me. I didn't realize the lack of coverage there until today, but this would be a deal breaker even if I was willing to spend $800 on a repeater for my home.

I guess I'm back where I started. I really wish VZW would get their act together on the 755P. They haven't even "officially" confirmed they are going to be releasing it! Other phones slated for release between now and September show "Verizon" as the carrier, but not the 755P...not a tentative...nothing. Zilch.

BTW...my brother lives in Germantown.
    Don't know dude. Never could afford Verizon.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    French,

Any chance your brother is on Sprint?

I really wish we could get some confirmation of the 755 on VZW. The only thing I've seen is the screenshot of the supposed Excel file with release dates showing 9/4 as a possibility. Who knows though. It had the Moto V9m as already being released and it's still not out.
    I think Verizon M2M count pretty much all the time but I could be wrong. I'm on Verizon and have never noticed an issue. Or maybe I just never roam.
    I dont think M2M count when you are roaming, but I do agree with you...i live in MD and work in DC and i NEVER roam. and i mean NEVER
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Can you provide some more information? Like what, how it is installed, were you able to do it yourself, etc.
    I got my by googling for cell phone booster. Here is one site.
    http://www.cellamericas.com/Cell-Pho...ter-c-299.html
    Cost around 230.00 or so.
    I installed my in my attic wherever you can find a good signal. It was easy maybe because I was so desperate. I put the cable through an closet and plug it into the booster by my desk. The stronger the signal the better range it will get through out the house. I am getting a 2 bar signal so it does not go all the way through the house but I have found if I start out in my office I can go through out the house and not drop the call. But If I get a call when I am in the out of range area it has a tendency to drop sometimes. I just walk toward my office which is in the middle of the house. My house is long. Totally has changed my life when it come to receiving and sending calls. I thought I was going to have to pay 300 dollars up but this works. Might get it a little cheaper if you look. May sure you get one for the right mhz. I think the 755 is 1900. Good luck.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    French,

Any chance your brother is on Sprint?

I really wish we could get some confirmation of the 755 on VZW. The only thing I've seen is the screenshot of the supposed Excel file with release dates showing 9/4 as a possibility. Who knows though. It had the Moto V9m as already being released and it's still not out.
    Ya know what...I think he might be. I remember a few years ago giving him crap about it because we were talking and he kept dropping me. It was a business line so he wasn't overly worried about it (since he wasn't paying, he didn't care if it was a major PITA to continually be hanging up on people).

I'll check with him and respond via PM when I get the answer.

hearttx: Thank you for the information. If I have a 2-story house and the lower level is the issue, a booster still might not solve my problems. I have an attic, but it sounds like if I did the same thing as you I would have to have my booster located upstairs somewhere. I'm not sure if that signal would travel to the downstairs.

I still have the issue of virtually no coverage in Chincoteague now. Oh well, if VZW doesn't get the 755P, going back to Sprint is always an option, knowing I have at least the booster possibility to fix my home issues.
    If you have a two story you just run extra cable down to the first story. Fiquring out where to run it might be a issue but the reciever needs to be on the level where the cell phone will be used. Just a thought it can be done. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by hearttx View Post
    I got my by googling for cell phone booster. Here is one site.
    http://www.cellamericas.com/Cell-Pho...ter-c-299.html
    Cost around 230.00 or so.
    I installed my in my attic wherever you can find a good signal. It was easy maybe because I was so desperate. I put the cable through an closet and plug it into the booster by my desk. The stronger the signal the better range it will get through out the house. I am getting a 2 bar signal so it does not go all the way through the house but I have found if I start out in my office I can go through out the house and not drop the call. But If I get a call when I am in the out of range area it has a tendency to drop sometimes. I just walk toward my office which is in the middle of the house. My house is long. Totally has changed my life when it come to receiving and sending calls. I thought I was going to have to pay 300 dollars up but this works. Might get it a little cheaper if you look. May sure you get one for the right mhz. I think the 755 is 1900. Good luck.
    The 755 like all Sprint phones now, are dual band 1900mhz and 800mhz. Sprint only has service in the 1900mhz band. With roaming available in both. And that kids, is your cellular lesson for the day..
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    I'd be curious as well. I have a great signal at work, our other satellite offices, and the dialysis clinic. At home I get a lot of dropped calls and the ever wonderful garbled speech junk.
    So if a repeater or booster were not an arm and a leg I would be interested. I was with Nextel for years (had several Bberries) and this was never a problem. I switched to Sprint to cut the cost (no Bberry data plan and work discount) and have had signal issues. My wife has a Katana which does a little better, but she has some trouble too.

I take it you have a treo? This is what I am worried about with my switch.I am cominig from nextel too.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12