1.    #1  
    I've seen a scattering of postings regarding the post-MR difficulties for Sprint and Verizon users, but I was hoping to have a "bug list" or "potential bug list" for the Verizon MR if for no other reason than to explain odd behaviors on our devices. When I restored my data with a backupman backup I had lots of random resets. I ended up restoring all my apps individually.

For me, I do get the random DTMF tones (even with system sounds off), I still experience white screen lag/delays with the web browser, although maybe slightly better, and I have an unusual vibrating that occurs maybe 20x/day where the device will vibrate once (I leave it in vibrate mode typically) like I'm receiving a phone call or text message, but nothing else happens. I have also experienced the 1x data connection issues of inability (occasional/infrequent) to connect to the data network in a 1x area that has always been very reliable (my home).
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Since there are so many posts about problems, I thought I would add my 2 cents here.

Now I have data connection problems, and I am in an EVDO area, all the time. My problem relates directly to Verizon and Wirelesssync. It will not always be able to connect to their server, without my help. I usually have to perform a manual sync after it tries to do the automated every hour sync.

I had no problems yesterday when using push, it is only when I have it set to check mail every hour. I don't leave the data connection open, to help save battery.

I am sorry I downgraded to 1.10, now.

I have also been having intermittent hotsync problems with the dreaded OLERR errors. They seem to resolve when you pretend to make changes to the phone.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Loaded it in.

Now my BluTooth connects quickly to my Toyota Land Cruiser. Moreover, it used to show the phone as 'Roaming' with aw eak signal when connected to my truck. Now it shows digital and a strong signal.

I can switch out of Blazer quickly and all lags between various software programs are gone.

Moreover, no more lock ups and freezes (though I installed it only 2 days ago). So, we'll see how that hold up.

Sorry others are having issues, but this has fixed all that I complained about in my Treo 700P.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I posted this in another thread, as well.

Now my favorites don't dial the extra digits automatically, even though the option is selected.

What else did they "fix"?
    Visit My Blog

My problems since the MR update:

1) Data connection will not always connect in both EVDO areas and Non-EVDO areas

2) The annoying extra DTMF tone in the earpiece even when sound is off

3) The power button (the Red one) is sometime non-responsive. I have to press another button first before it will turn back on.

4) Signal strength is not what it used to be. In areas I used to have 3 or 4 bars I know have one.

I should have never applied the patch...
    What does everybody think about everybody banding together and arranging a time to all dial 611 and call Verizon and report the issue of the radio? If they got 50+ calls all at once, don't you think they'd make the issue known to palm and that would help us get it to palm's attention?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Here is a new one. Not only do I get sounds when I am on silent, but now I am not getting sounds when not on silent.

This is one great peice of software. I guess the POS abbreviation fits.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    What does everybody think about everybody banding together and arranging a time to all dial 611 and call Verizon and report the issue of the radio? If they got 50+ calls all at once, don't you think they'd make the issue known to palm and that would help us get it to palm's attention?
    Or maybe they'll borrow from Sprint's playbook and boot out anyone that whines at them .

Seriously though..other than the above line, probably wouldn't hurt (much).
    I just got of the phone with Verizon/Palm:

Called Verizon Tech support.... initial rep sent me to verizon Data support.

Data support new of issues, and said they are refering everyone to palm, because the update was palms area.

They put me on hold and connected me to palm support.

Palm support said they have a solution, but since I am not home, I cannot do it because it involves a hard reset and then renaming my backup directory on my home PC before I resync my data.

So I have to wait till I get home and give palm a call again.

Things I know for sure:

1) This is not going to stop the tone problem, as the 755 has this issue

2) I highly doubt that this is going to fix my problems, but I guess I have to do it to at least say I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    I just got of the phone with Verizon/Palm:

Called Verizon Tech support.... initial rep sent me to verizon Data support.

Data support new of issues, and said they are refering everyone to palm, because the update was palms area.

They put me on hold and connected me to palm support.

Palm support said they have a solution, but since I am not home, I cannot do it because it involves a hard reset and then renaming my backup directory on my home PC before I resync my data.

So I have to wait till I get home and give palm a call again.

Things I know for sure:

1) This is not going to stop the tone problem, as the 755 has this issue

2) I highly doubt that this is going to fix my problems, but I guess I have to do it to at least say I tried.
    You can try it, but it did not work for me. I renamed my backup directory, did a hard reset and *22899 and before loading anything else on, I still had the problems connecting to the network.
    Anyone know if there is an update of 1.10 planned??? My phone is unusable in 1X area and that's where I live!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Luckily installation of MR 1.10 went well for me although it took approx 45 min. But now I have a nagging problem. When first loging onto the EVDO data network I frequently get the message

Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later.

If I attempt to log onto the data network (open Blazer) 2-4 times I can usually get it to work. I use my 700P in areas with good EVDO coverage and never had this problem before installing this MR. It appears more and more likely that this is due to bugs in the MR. Should we expect MR 1.11 soon?

Otherwise, I have noticed that my Treo works faster than it used to. Haven't tried Bluetooth yet.
    "Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later."

Not sure yet, BUT: I had the same error message and could not connect on 6 tries. I returned to the phone app (did not use it, just went there) then, back to the web - it connected just fine! Am thinking maybe just switching back to the phone app then back to the web app may 'fix' the problem????
    RJuhl
    I have about 7 Treo 700Ps getting "Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later". One of the users reports that this error was occurring prior to updating MR. He is in Colorado. I have users who have gotten this error in Austin, TX, in Denver, in N. Las Angeles, and in Sacramento, CA. I am not sure if something changed on their network or what the problem is. I have been calling VZ support every day and some are aware of the issue and some are not; none can offer a resolution other than send replacement phones. I am skeptical that replacing the phones will resolve anything as it did not for my guy in Denver. I have also attempted to clear it for a bit by having them reset all the settings on the VZ side; this did not clear it. The error will pop up and then the users can usually get connected after it goes away. I don't know if they have escalated to Palm for resolution on this error as they report they have for other issues related to email. I see that others are getting this error too and wonder what is being done to resolve this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmayhem View Post
    Anyone know if there is an update of 1.10 planned??? My phone is unusable in 1X area and that's where I live!

Having same problem in the 1X area... EV works fine, but 1X is having all kinds of latency in browsing and connecting.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have been waiting to apply this MR, after having read all of Sprint user's issues, and now VZW's. I have a question that I have never seen discussed for VZW users: post MR, is there a problem where short alert sounds (I use chirp often) are inaudible because of a 'ramp up' in the sound?
    Thanks!
    Bill
    I have the 700P in canada on the bell network and I get the same error about the data network being unavailable usually it happens when the data connection goes idle and i try to go to a new web page.