Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    H300 Motorola

Pre MR- always drop pair after 1 call
    post MR - drops pairs after >10 hours sometimes without warning, way better than PreMR, still paired after calls.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Strangely enough, my Jawbone worked flawlessly before the MR. Afterwards, it does drop here and there and then reconnects. It's annoying though since if you are wearing it, it's beeping in your ear every time it disconnects, and it wears down the battery on both the headset and phone for no useful reason. I also have a JX10 (that I don't use at all anymore - even though this would stay paired flawlessly ) and a AX2 Pro (which disconnects and reconnects). By far, the biggest advantage for me (so far) since the MR has been no more crashes on incoming calls with a Bluetooth headset attached....

I must say that the Jawbone works so well as a (wireless) headset, I'm willing to put up with it's idiosyncrasies with the 700p. Sure, it could sound a bit better on both ends, but it makes it possible to carry on a useful conversation in places where it would normally be impossible (which always seems to be the time you need to use your phone...).

Is there some reason after years of building smartphones, Palm can't some up with a more robust Bluetooth stack?!?!?!?
    Almost forgot to mention a NEW post-MR bug that creeps up from time to time:
    When getting "NO SIGNAL" from the cell provider, my Mot H300 would beep until signal was re-established, then the beeping would stop.

Now, every once in awhile, I'll get the "NO SIGNAL" beeping and it will not go away until I power off the headset and then power it back on.

Anyone else? Or is this just an idiosyncrasy with the H300 and MR1.10?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    No this was pre-MR also; at least with my phone. If I am out of coverage with the headset on it beeps about every minute or 30 secs until I come back into coverage. This happened pre-MR and it still happens now after MR.

I've never had the issue where it just kept beeping though.
    My Sony HBH-662 has great sound quality but drops constantly. I'm going out to the store tonight to get another headset out of sheer frustration. This is my 2nd one and I just want one that works!
    Motorola H700 (approved mind you) drops.
    Plantronics 510 Voyager drops as well.

Also will say they are paired when they aren't which causes a big mess.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Plantronics 590A: Connection is better after MR, but still drops and is intermittent. When connected, audio is good.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Moto 700H stays paired after the update.
    No success w/ my 700p & Motorola H700 headset!
    I think if anything, it just shows success to be inconsistent. In the grand scheme of things that still would seem to be to be unacceptable, when people with the same headset that is "palm approved" get mix results. I know I can't take it when I'm driving and have trouble receiving or making calls because I can't connect properly. It's very distracting when you're trying to pay attention to the road and a simple thing like a phone call becomes a distraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnovitch1 View Post
    No success w/ my 700p & Motorola H700 headset!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It would also seem that some people may have fake headsets, which is a known issue, especially for Motorola?
    Suddenly today, after I did a backup and a hard reset for phone call resetting issues, the bluetooth paring between my JX10 and 700p will not work. it worked fine this morning, but now, nothing. When I try to turn the volume up on the palm itself, it will not go higher than the middle bar. I thought this might be a program problem, so i did a hard reset and fresh, the phone still does not want to connect. I guess off to sprint I go tomorrow. What a pain.
    while that may be true. I have two genuine ones bought direct from Amazon and eCost, retail packaging, and the markings of genuine ones. They both have had the same issues that are matched by my Plantronics Voyager. So if the fake ones have the same problems too then it just goes to show its more of a generic BT issue with the 700p than being headset specific. And granted there are some that will have zero issues, but it just seems to be the luck of the draw. And the fact that there is that kind of variability between products just shows they can't get right what quite a few other manufacturers do.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    It would also seem that some people may have fake headsets, which is a known issue, especially for Motorola?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Plantronics replace my M2500 with a Voyager 510 so i know its not a fake. it has not hiccuped once. although its a bit slow sending audio to headset if phone was "away" from headset for an extended period of time maybe like 3-4 seconds to transfer to head set then its fine again pretty quick transfers from then on too.

I'm sure it will crap out now that i wrote this.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I have to ask if anyone has had the issue of the headset suddenly not working with the phone? It just started the other day. I hate to take the damn thing in and take a chance of getting some POS referb 700P.
    I think I know what my problem is. From what I have read, i believe I have a "fake" JX10. From what I've seen, mine has all the signs of being counterfeit. Ecost is getting a call from me tomorrow.
    Pioneer DVD6800.

Before MR: Worked great. Sometimes didn't connect until I initialized a call, but once connected stayed connected til I got out of the truck.

After MR: Can't get it to connect EVER. Occasionally I can get it to pair, and the Treo says 'connected', but never signals the stereo to switch to phone mode, so the Treo is broadcasting to 'bluetooth-land' but nothing is picking it up.

I'm soooo frustrated with this MR... it fixed so many things but broke my bluetooth beyond use. Grrrr...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    while that may be true. I have two genuine ones bought direct from Amazon and eCost, retail packaging, and the markings of genuine ones. They both have had the same issues that are matched by my Plantronics Voyager. So if the fake ones have the same problems too then it just goes to show its more of a generic BT issue with the 700p than being headset specific. And granted there are some that will have zero issues, but it just seems to be the luck of the draw. And the fact that there is that kind of variability between products just shows they can't get right what quite a few other manufacturers do.
    Just because you bought them from Amazon or eCost doesn't mean they are real. I would verify that they are real via checking some of the sites on the net. I have heard of Staples and eCOST (by many many people just do a search) selling fake motorola headsets.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12